Join this petition

Younotus

9 minutes ago, Younotus said:

Your correct potential for faster production via petition isnt effective. But raising awareness is effective.  

honestly if you want updates you need to sue telltale if they are not totaly liquidated. this only option

11 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

honestly if you want updates you need to sue telltale if they are not totaly liquidated. this only option

Well I don't think anybody wants to Sue anyone. Look I got it you die hard PC guys I get it but there are still console fans out there that love this game but hate it's current version.

If you don't agree to the petition you can at least look it over

http://chng.it/sVxnrT2N

Just now, Younotus said:

Well I don't think anybody wants to Sue anyone. Look I got it you die hard PC guys I get it but there are still console fans out there that love this game but hate it's current version.

If you don't agree to the petition you can at least look it over

i mean- petition can't change anything. i will give you example. you go to shop and bought a box with glasses. you open this at home. so you must talk with shop about this not with factory. TFP give rights to TELLTALE -  so they can't do anything with 7dtd version. TELLTALE  in olny one which can do something with 7dtd console edition

6 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

i mean- petition can't change anything. i will give you example. you go to shop and bought a box with glasses. you open this at home. so you must talk with shop about this not with factory. TFP give rights to TELLTALE -  so they can't do anything with 7dtd version. TELLTALE  in olny one which can do something with 7dtd console edition

Well TFP bought back the rights to the console version when Telltale went bankrupt. But they do not have the time right now to deal with updates for the console right now.

@Younotus Asking again: Did anyone promise you updates for the console version when you bought it? Was it sold as early access? Ignoring those question tells me the answer is no, no one promised you any updates for the console.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well TFP bought back the rights to the console version when Telltale went bankrupt. But they do not have the time right now to deal with updates for the console right now.

@Younotus Asking again: Did anyone promise you updates for the console version when you bought it? Was it sold as early access? Ignoring those question tells me the answer is no, no one promised you any updates for the console.

yeah but contract was between sony and Telltale. so this can be law problem - honestly this copyright law is complicated as hell. 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Younotus said:

Your correct potential for faster production via petition isnt effective. But raising awareness is effective.  

Agreed. Petition is a good way to put up pressure. Actually your first post above is never really saying something which is outright factually wrong and still making it look like TFP is holding out on something. Well done, really 😉

So you people are gonna sit here and tell me that they had no idea that the company they're working with was going bankrupt don't you think that that might be something you want to know?  As a small business owner myself alpha those are the things you kind of wanna keep track of is your finances and where they're going and coming from you also wanna know that you know any of your suppliers are closing shop soon due to stuff like that it seems like a reasonable accommodation to let your buddy know Hey man we're closing . Because of blank and blank seems like something you might want to know or at least be aware of

Yes, you want to know about bussiness partners affairs. NO, definitely NO, bussiness partners don't want you to know about their affairs, especially if they have problems.

Ever heard about company owners being sued for having delayed a bankruptcy filing? That is actually a criminal delict. And still they do it because once any news about problems go public a company is really finished. Because then debtors won't give it time to get better, they want their money as soon as possible. Other companies won't deliver goods anymore unless they are prepaid. And depending on bussiness no customers will order from you anymore because they assume they might not get any wares.

A company in dept will never tell anyone it is in trouble, most importantly not to any bussiness partners.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

So you people are gonna sit here and tell me that they had no idea that the company they're working with was going bankrupt don't you think that that might be something you want to know?

This isn't even insider knowledge and was publicly stated: not even the employees knew. One day they had a job next day they got told they no longer had a job. We understand the anger, but there are a ton of red banner alerts leading to the stickied explanation and news for the future of the console version.

The current consoles can in NO WAY handle the current version of the game, so there’s no point in moaning "when will we get the current version", it’s just not possible!

That’s why they "suggested” that in the future, a “possible” version “might” be made depending on the specs of the “then” consoles

It’s like me saying, “damn I'm @%$#ed off I can't get Elite Dangerous to work on my Commodore Amiga, blame the ED programmers!!!!!”

3 hours ago, Younotus said:

Over 11k have signed a petition against fun pimps for producing an un useable game *ergo* 7 days to die. They haven't updated console since 2017. We have been waiting way to long for there mistakes! Sign today! Donate to the cause! We want updates or our money back! We dont care about pc gold. Or finished pc updates. Console needs love and is a terrible experience on the hole. My fiancee and I are fed up with witing for promises from fun pimps that will never deliver!

Sign the petition today so we can get the ball rolling on the fun pimps and put a fire under there ass for once instead of snails paced production. They are backed by some of the biggest names in gaming. If they would put there pride aside and work with another company that could get the job done. 

They would rather fill there pockets with our hard earned cash on tshirts and bull @%$# rather than giving the gamers what they deserve and that's better than this steaming pile of garbage placed on our laps 

Petition link! Sign today and join the cause.

Enough waiting. Time to get answers! 

Have you not heard of the whole telltale publishing debacle? Have you been living under a rock? Fun pimps only just got the rights back to the console version. I'm sorry but you'll just have to either give it some more time or join the pc master race. I won't give you my signature but I will flip you the bird.

TFP had no inkling of Telltale's closure until it was announced in the press conference where the whole world learned about it. When a company is in danger of failing it certainly doesn't broadcast that fact. We were as surprised as anybody and believe me when I say that they were not exactly returning phone calls that first day either.

It took months for TFP to get the rights back and the cost was very high. During all that time there was no way to predict the future or speak plainly to the public about plans or make promises. All they could say was that they were trying to get the rights to publish on console and that they would like to continue updating if it could be possible. That it turned out to not be possible does not make their initial desires to try and make everyone happy a lie.

At this point, please make no mistake. Regardless of any petition, there will never be another update for the current version of 7 Days to Die on console. It is in its final form forever. If you've played it out completely as it is, then add it to the pile of other games in your library that you've played out completely. If you are like any other normal gamer, you have a stack of old games from 3-4 years ago that don't get updated and you don't really play any longer. The console version was never going to be the same game as the PC version-- even if Telltale had continued on. The consoles just could not handle what this game has become. Hopefully the next gen consoles will be able to do it.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

The console version was sold as a complete game in its own right. It was a game based upon the Alpha 14 PC version. Updates to the console version were not further development updates but were simply standard bug patches and DLC updates to that game. Not one single update even attempted to bring the console into parity with the PC version. Instead, bits and pieces from A15 and A16 were added as additional content that would not break previous saves as that is the unbreakable rule handed down by Sony and Microsoft.

So the console version was definitely not considered early access. It was a finished product that got some software support updates and some content updates post launch just like many games do out there. There was never a promise of continued updates until it was just like the PC version or just continual extra content forever. Maybe people assumed it would  be like that since Minecraft has continued to evolve and grow. But Minecraft is the exception and not the rule in the video game industry.

Even the PC version will eventually come to end with updates. It is not going to be continually updated for the next couple decades. There is no promise of updates in perpetuity for any platform.

You know what, i changed my mind.

Moderators, dont lock or delete this topic. Its way too satisfying to see the OP being demolished and dismantled like this. Pure joy. Thank you guys 👌

I think im going to print this and get it @%$#ing laminated for posterity.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

TFP had no inkling of Telltale's closure until it was announced in the press conference where the whole world learned about it. When a company is in danger of failing it certainly doesn't broadcast that fact. We were as surprised as anybody and believe me when I say that they were not exactly returning phone calls that first day either.

It took months for TFP to get the rights back and the cost was very high. During all that time there was no way to predict the future or speak plainly to the public about plans or make promises. All they could say was that they were trying to get the rights to publish on console and that they would like to continue updating if it could be possible. That it turned out to not be possible does not make their initial desires to try and make everyone happy a lie.

At this point, please make no mistake. Regardless of any petition, there will never be another update for the current version of 7 Days to Die on console. It is in its final form forever. If you've played it out completely as it is, then add it to the pile of other games in your library that you've played out completely. If you are like any other normal gamer, you have a stack of old games from 3-4 years ago that don't get updated and you don't really play any longer. The console version was never going to be the same game as the PC version-- even if Telltale had continued on. The consoles just could not handle what this game has become. Hopefully the next gen consoles will be able to do it.

The console version was sold as a complete game in its own right. It was a game based upon the Alpha 14 PC version. Updates to the console version were not further development updates but were simply standard bug patches and DLC updates to that game. Not one single update even attempted to bring the console into parity with the PC version. Instead, bits and pieces from A15 and A16 were added as additional content that would not break previous saves as that is the unbreakable rule handed down by Sony and Microsoft.

So the console version was definitely not considered early access. It was a finished product that got some software support updates and some content updates post launch just like many games do out there. There was never a promise of continued updates until it was just like the PC version or just continual extra content forever. Maybe people assumed it would  be like that since Minecraft has continued to evolve and grow. But Minecraft is the exception and not the rule in the video game industry.

Even the PC version will eventually come to end with updates. It is not going to be continually updated for the next couple decades. There is no promise of updates in perpetuity for 

11,741 as of today! If there are about 22k on pc and 20k on console and I'm sure half of the ppl on  console are pc players also  That's what almost 1/2 of the people who paid for the game are supporting the petition. 

Bash all you want I could careless about it. It's your opinion your intitled to it. So voice it! I'm glad to hear what you fine people have to say about it. 

But at least consider looking over the petition support or oppose. It's worth a look at it's not even my petition. But I do support its 

Petition page is here (link below)

12 minutes ago, Younotus said:

11,741 as of today! If there are about 22k on pc and 20k on console and I'm sure half of the ppl on  console are pc players also  That's what almost 1/2 of the people who paid for the game are supporting the petition. 

Bash all you want I could careless about it. It's your opinion your intitled to it. So voice it! I'm glad to hear what you fine people have to say about it. 

But at least consider looking over the petition support or oppose. It's worth a look at it's not even my petition. But I do support its 

you put link to this petition few times xd you know this petition will do nothing? 

To whom you want sent this petition? to TFP? they say they can't do anything.

13 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

you put link to this petition few times xd you know this petition will do nothing? 

To whom you want sent this petition? to TFP? they say they can't do anything.

To who ever the OP of the petition has it sent it. I'm just raising awareness on a topic of discussion. Besides seems like it filled your guys day lol ranting and raving to me when it's not my petition just looking for more supporters of the same cause. 

How many of you actually looked at the petition befor you commented?  

Maybe we weren't promised anything or weren't told we were getting anything on console. But its heavily implied. @%$# drop some dam DLC for us or at very min a patch to fix the bugs.  Like constant blood moon.  And witch respawning making it an endless wave of zombies.  Not that it really 100% bothers me because I'm down for some endless zombies. But other people aren't exactly into it and consider it unfinished. And I can kinda see why. Considering things happen to me aswell.

I note this is only on console. 

To who ever the OP of the petition has it sent it. I'm just raising awareness on a topic of discussion. Besides seems like it filled your guys day lol ranting and raving to me when it's not my petition just looking for more supporters of the same cause. 

Maybe we weren't promised anything or weren't told we were getting anything on console. But its heavily implied. @%$# drop some dam DLC for us or at very min a patch to fix the bugs.  Like constant blood moon.  And witch respawning making it an endless wave of zombies.  Not that it really 100% bothers me because I'm down for some endless zombies. But other people aren't exactly into it and consider it unfinished. And I can kinda see why. Considering things happen to me aswell.

Sorry, I won't be clicking some random link from the internet.  No thank you.  I have heard of one such petition in the past and it was promoted by some youtuber as it was a hot topic that would net them more views/subscribers.

The owners are already aware of the customer demand on the console end and all this petition does is reaffirm that.

Richard and Roland have been very clear and forthcoming with how we ended up where we are at and what intentions there are for the future of the game on consoles so there has been no misinformation.

Good day to you and hope 7d2d will arrive on next gen consoles for console players to enjoy.  

23 minutes ago, Younotus said:

I haven't bashed you. I only explained the realities of the situation. I'm glad you feel passionate about activism and  grass-roots campaigns such as petitions. I'm sure it feels good having discussions with like-minded people and dreaming about what possibly could happen if your efforts pan out.

I read the petition. I think it accurately states TFP's position in those first two paragraphs. I'll respond to the parts that I think are inaccurate and/or misguided:

1. Reduce the price of current gen 7 days to die from £27.99 to the same as pc £18.99 . the current console version does not match up with a 30 quid purchase. add more info on store pages on exactly what and what it doesn't have ie what stage updates it is closest too! - currently the game is misleading purchasers expecting the full pc experience.

The price setting is not TFP's decision alone. You would also need to petition the Playstation Store/Microsoft Store because they have quite a bit of say in the price and when sales happen etc. The manufacturer gives a suggested retail price but ultimately the retail store decides the price point and at what point stuff goes into the bargain bin. If the game is still selling well then Sony and Microsoft are going to want their percentage from the higher price rather than the lower price and they aren't going to lower their prices. Companies like Nintendo have a huge amount of influence and can dictate to retail locations that if they undervalue Nintendo merchandise they will be cut from distribution. That's why Nintendo games stay at $60 for years. But most manufacturers don't have Nintendo's clout. TFP certainly doesn't.

I agree with the petition's second point here that there is customer confusion and it would be good for some differentiation between the console and PC versions to be explicitly stated.

2. Find a reputable publisher and cut a deal to work on the current game. funpimps have had experience and now could better find a suitable deal just like stranded deep devs did who also were negatively effected by tell tales demise.

The problem with this is that reputable publishers aren't just standing around ready to  jump at the bit to take projects. Most already have their line-ups already planned and either in production or about to be. Most console publishers are looking ahead now to the next gen consoles and when pitched the idea "Take this five year old title and fix its bugs and add a couple more updates" vs "How about Valheim!?!?!?!" -- one of those options is going to sound like a sure thing to the marketing execs at that publishing company. Businesses like to strike the iron when it is hot and 7 Days to Die is definitely a bit cooled when compared to the newer titles people are excited to play. Remember that a publisher is going to pay a studio to get up to speed and fix bugs and add new content and then expect a return on that investment. Most publishers are going to choose a new popular game on a new console over an old popular game on an old console every single time. Even if TFP agreed to this demand, there is no guarantee they would even find a willing partner. Even at the time Telltale went out of business the game was not often seen on the new games racks of Gamestop, Target, or Walmart any longer. Newer fare had replaced it.

3. Announce that any future game on next gen, all existing 7 days owners of the game on console will get a free upgrade (as so many games companies are doing using microsoft smart delivery for example) it is not OK to expect console players to purchase a game twice when pc is cheaper and receives all content for free, regardless of current console limitations.

This is something that would certainly be a nice gesture but I disagree completely with the conclusion. The games will be completely different. The petition admits it is so in their first demand. You can't say that the games are different so the price should be dropped on one hand and then say that the PS5 game that will be based on the finished PC game is exactly the same as the PS4 version so owners of the PS4 version should get it for free. When compared to A14, even A19 looks and plays like a full sequel. Add to that fact that the original console game was NEVER going to be the same as the PC version anyway. No, there is zero legitimate entitlement for anyone to get the next game for free. Madden 2021 is closer to Madden 2020 and Madden 2019 etc... and customers who bought earlier Madden games don't get free upgrade passes to the new year's game. When the game comes out on PS5 there will have been at least five years between games, the second game will play differently with new mechanics that are completely changed from the first one, and its on a completely different console. Nintendo isn't giving anyone free upgrade passes for Skyward Sword just because they bought it for Wii and they shouldn't have to buy it again for Switch. 

4. To help facilitate this, organise dlc skins pre-order much like the walking dead ones on console, add this as dlc as a way to generate money for any future development, also try and arrange xbox games pass or psn plus with microsoft and sony respectively to generate more money.

Drop in the bucket, man. You think that doing what the petition demands can be financed by skins? Look, if you are honestly willing to pay some money for TFP to upgrade the game, then just spend $40 for the new game. Done deal. You paid and feel good as a philanthropist helping to finance the full 7 Days to Die experience on console and TFP and some unnamed future publishing company goes the only viable route that will be profitable and realistically executable. Let's be honest. By time the game comes out on console you're going to have one of the next gen consoles. That expense is your own to have access to all the new games. When 7 Days is released, you can do your part to help out by purchasing the new game. TFP gets the money you are willing to throw their way for an upgraded 7 Days experience and you get...an upgraded 7 Days experience.

Also, skins of licensed properties like The Walking Dead are very expensive so they are not lucrative. Its one of those marketing things you do to make your own property more appealing but you don't really make a bunch of cash from doing it. Like adding a pool to your backyard.

5. Hire a console specific manager/port team to do the work and save money versus deals with other companies - even if this takes a substantially long time at least show the community on console you are not abandoning them.

Managing the outsourcing porting work to another studio is a field of work in and of itself that Telltale games devoted an entire division of its company to doing that and TFP is not in that line of work. They are busy working on programming PC games. THAT is their line of work. So they'd have to partner with a firm to manage the port team anyway and then we are back to finding a partner that is willing to do that. But again, if you are willing to throw money at TFP for an enhanced play experience and here all 11k+ of you say you are willing to wait a substantial long time-- then whats wrong with buying the new game when it comes out? Isn't the creation of a new game on the next gen consoles an indication that TFP is not abandoning console gamers?

I do not agree in asking for refunds, as majority of players have experienced and enjoyed the console version even with its limited capacity and issues

Well....this is a huge step forward. If 11k+ of you signed your name in agreement to THIS statement then I have hope you'll all come around eventually to accepting the truth about the rest:

1) There are no refunds

2) There will be no new updates.

3) There will be a new game released on next gen consoles based on the full PC version once it is done.

4) Just like any sequel, everyone who wants to play it will have to pay for it-- even PC game owners.

They say the first step is the hardest.

2 hours ago, Younotus said:

yes i looked , read what @Roland wrote. this is what i mean. BTW paste everywhere link sound like you want to send of fake page : so in future send link only in 1 or 2 post ok? if you will send this same link in more posts in going to sus

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Is that thing with daily horde night a known bug on console? First time I hear about it.

lol...the console version still has daily robust wandering hordes that are based on the number of days. When the day count gets high it can feel like daily bloodmoons because the wandering hordes always head directly towards the last position of the player.

Remember when the world was full of zombies for PC players? 11k+ players really REALLY want the empty wilderness and towns that we have... ;)

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, Roland said:

lol...the console version still has daily robust wandering hordes that are based on the number of days. When the day count gets high it can feel like daily bloodmoons because the wandering hordes always head directly towards the last position of the player.

Remember when the world was full of zombies for PC players? 11k+ players really REALLY want the empty wilderness and towns that we have... ;)

The grass is always greener on the other side. Or in lingua zombia: The brains behind thick concrete walls are always more succulent

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I do not have the console. Petitions won`t change anything or magically speed up the update process. There is plenty of other games/studios that need to be petitioned, especially those charging 70+ bucks for a broken and unfinished product. 7DTD is what it is, probably the best casual game on PC, no petition is going to change that. The console version, for now, is a lost cause. 11+ k signatures is a pretty huge fraction of a player base tbh, I wonder how many PC users already put a signature themselves...