Join this petition

Younotus

Over 11k have signed a petition against fun pimps for producing an un useable game *ergo* 7 days to die. They haven't updated console since 2017. We have been waiting way to long for there mistakes! Sign today! Donate to the cause! We want updates or our money back! We dont care about pc gold. Or finished pc updates. Console needs love and is a terrible experience on the hole. My fiancee and I are fed up with witing for promises from fun pimps that will never deliver!

Sign the petition today so we can get the ball rolling on the fun pimps and put a fire under there ass for once instead of snails paced production. They are backed by some of the biggest names in gaming. If they would put there pride aside and work with another company that could get the job done. 

They would rather fill there pockets with our hard earned cash on tshirts and bull @%$# rather than giving the gamers what they deserve and that's better than this steaming pile of garbage placed on our laps 

Petition link! Sign today and join the cause.

Enough waiting. Time to get answers! 

http://chng.it/sVxnrT2N

You're on the official discussion board of the game where ALL the info about what happened to the console version because of Telltale, why it happened and what the Pimps want to do for console version once the PC version is done is available. And yet, you come up here to insult the devs and think you'll get away with it? Real genius move.

Im so happy to tell you that this will never work in your favor, you can solidly count on it. Go away, never come back.

Edited by meganoth
language (see edit history)

I love the game. So much  I own 2 copys. PC and console.  My fiancee wont even play with me on console anymore because every time we start a game it's the same BS build a base get set up and basically game over. Once you have the ak console is basically done that's end game at level 15 tops.

Not to mention the constant blood moon every night and the dam witch zombies that respawning constantly so you can never get a moment's peice.  We have waited through all the crap and honestly we have all waited long enough. Its 2021 btw. Last update was 2017 for console well *reasonable* update anyways.

I dont let them block points of views that are legitimate. Sensoring the facts isnt good on them either. 

Time for answers. 

Over 11k people have signed. And feel the same way. Why did we pay for half a game? 

Petition link 

2 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

You're on the official discussion board of the game where ALL the info about what happened to the console version because of Telltale, why it happened and what the Pimps want to do for console version once the PC version is done is available. And yet, you come up here to insult the devs and think you'll get away with it?

Lol just sign the petition. Over 11k people already have so your like 1%. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

and thousands are playing the pc version and enjoying (but there is always going to be the exceptions) :)

even i enjoyed  XD i know most time i sound like i was hating this game but i'm kinda like francis from l4d1 XD. 

Honestly i think first we get gold on pc them console edition will gets updates and in this same time new game on pc

6 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

and thousands are playing the pc version and enjoying (but there is always going to be the exceptions) :)

bandicam 2021-08-23 09-35-40-624.jpg

On pc this game kicks @%$#ing ass!!!! Love it. We want 5he same experience on console. Do a texture update. Do a dang code update. And bam done. I know it sounds easy in a few words and I know it's not but 4 years? That's alittle rough even with the 2 year debate on who actually owns the game. At this point just hire a company like Activision or the people who made Rust, the forest,stay out. They are basically all the same with different textures. They could easily finish this game out in no time! 

19 minutes ago, Younotus said:

I love the game. So much  I own 2 copys. PC and console.  My fiancee wont even play with me on console anymore because every time we start a game it's the same BS build a base get set up and basically game over. Once you have the ak console is basically done that's end game at level 15 tops.

Not to mention the constant blood moon every night and the dam witch zombies that respawning constantly so you can never get a moment's peice.  We have waited through all the crap and honestly we have all waited long enough. Its 2021 btw. Last update was 2017 for console well *reasonable* update anyways.

I dont let them block points of views that are legitimate. Sensoring the facts isnt good on them either. 

Time for answers. 

Over 11k people have signed. And feel the same way. Why did we pay for half a game? 

Petition link 

Lol just sign the petition. Over 11k people already have so your like 1%. 

you're all outnumbered by satisfied players who are still enjoying the game.

"Time for answers"? I just told you you have all the answers here, Einstein.

@Roland, @meganoth, any other moderators, can you lock this polluting topic up? Thank you very much 🙏

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

not speaking for tfp... but yes there is a lot that could be done (maybe), but if someone gets a royal butt burning from a business deal, i'd weigh all factors and not step out on that loose plank again while trying to finish a project. but thats just my thoughts. :)

If the fun pimps where honest at the very start when @%$# hit the fan with Sony and telltale. We could and would gladly have helped cover cost of production. All they had todo was be honest at the start and let people know so the community can rally come together with a fundraiser or somthing to pull them out of the hole. And we would have gladly helped! 

Neither Rust nor The Forest are anything like this. Even tough they use unity they are totally different. None of them have a completly destructible world for example. Also Endnight Games, who made the forest, are a very small team, they would take even longer as this game is way more complex than The Forest.

And even if they would give to another company, it´s not only that the games are pretty different. Getting familiar with the code of another company/developer team is time consuming af. Your best bet is waiting until TFP does it. Anything else will take longer.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Kyonshi said:

you're all outnumbered by satisfied players who are still enjoying the game.

"Time for answers"? I just told you you have all the answers here, Einstein.

@Roland, @meganoth, any other moderators, can you lock this polluting topic up? Thank you very much 🙏

I still enjoy this game just not console version. 

You are delusional and in denial so much that you can`t comprehend simple information.. why don`t you educate yourself on this topic before you go around insulting people and calling names? Also as @%$#ty as it is, I`m pretty sure that console sold 7days to die as complete version, not an alpha, so you got what you paid for. As for "time for answers", they have answered all your questions multiple times already.

Your arguments about consoles current build still applies to pc version... at certain point in game you get bored. 

Not gonna bother checking that link, but if 11,000 people signed it, it is just a sad, sad sign. Can`t buy common sense.  Not to mention bad rep that it gives to console players who are actually understanding and waiting patiently 

Just now, Younotus said:

If the fun pimps where honest at the very start when @%$# hit the fan with Sony and telltale. We could and would gladly have helped cover cost of production. All they had todo was be honest at the start and let people know so the community can rally come together with a fundraiser or somthing to pull them out of the hole. And we would have gladly helped! 

i will try to explain : we don't know how contracts bettwen sony , telltale and TFP looks like so we even don't know if TFP can updated console version - this problem was with sinking city. So TFP want to updated this but can't. if i'm right they can't talk about this because terms of law. 

and  2 thing : ports are mess as hell so you can't put 1:1. this a lot of work with this and need a lot of time. That's why batman on PC was mess.

please people, tfp already posted about this topic and made it clear.

"The Fun Pimps are a PC game developer and publisher…and we do not have the resources or expertise to do ports/updates to the console, so we licensed the console publishing rights to Telltale Games who hired Iron Galaxy who have done the ports with minimal TFP assistance."

this is from the announcement page - 5th paragraph - https://7daystodie.com/console-news

2 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

please people, tfp already posted about this topic and made it clear.

"The Fun Pimps are a PC game developer and publisher…and we do not have the resources or expertise to do ports/updates to the console, so we licensed the console publishing rights to Telltale Games who hired Iron Galaxy who have done the ports with minimal TFP assistance."

this is from the announcement page - 5th paragraph - https://7daystodie.com/console-news

thx for explain this good :)

8 minutes ago, Younotus said:

On pc this game kicks @%$#ing ass!!!! Love it. We want 5he same experience on console. Do a texture update. Do a dang code update. And bam done. I know it sounds easy in a few words and I know it's not but 4 years? That's alittle rough even with the 2 year debate on who actually owns the game. At this point just hire a company like Activision or the people who made Rust, the forest,stay out. They are basically all the same with different textures. They could easily finish this game out in no time! 

That last sentence, sorry, is as inaccurate as it can be. There is nothing easy about about doing an update. And neither activision nor the rust-people could do it just because you think they can. This is a very hardware-taxing full-voxel game, neither activision nor the rust-people have ANY experience with that and will need a lot of man-power to find ways to optimize that

Now sure, if you put dozens of your best programmers on the task, eventually they will produce excellent results. But what exactly should they port? The current PC game? Which is again a moving target as the development isn't finished. Which would mean you would have to pay those premium programmers for the whole time until the PC version is finished. That would not be a sensible bussiness-plan, that would be idiocy.

So the plan is to wait for the PC version to finish, then make deals with someone to port the game. And by the looks of it they already found someone with an interest. But as sensible plans go, that company will surely wait for the finished PC version.

And you will have to wait. Simple as that. You also will have to wait for Cyberpunk to be in perfect shape, you will have to wait for the successor to Skyrim, you will have to wait for the next activision game to finish, you will have to wait for Rust 2 or Rust 3 or whatever that company plans to do. And no petition will make this any faster.

And I'm not bashing anyone . I believe in fun 

7 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

TFP lied? Source please. Otherwise i am simply assuming you made that up just now.

Wait so your gonna tell me that a company didn't know about the issue way befor releasing any info? The whole business world is a shrouded web of lies. We all know it. 

Answers as in updates. Those are the answers console players are looking for. 

Yes 11k+ people is sad. Makes me fear the position of this company as a whole. Will they ever finish? When is pc gold? How long/ years till completion?. 

I feel console is basic. Yes pc has its end game moments 

You bought a game from Telltale. Not from TFP. Telltale messed up their whole company on their own. TFP was not involved in any way when Telltale went bankrupt. Why would Telltale go around and tell everyone that they are in danger of going bankrupt? You are drifting into the territory of conspiracy theories now. Again not helping your cause beeing taken seriously.

And asking again: Did you buy this game as early access on console or as a finished product? Did you get any promises on later updates when you bought it for the console? I don´t think so.

You simply assumed that the console will get updates because PC does, but you were wrong. Wich is basically your own fault, no one promised updates for console. Neither TFP nor Telltale. 

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Didn’t be Pimps get rights to the console version back?
However the big question is how many people still own and use the consoles it was designed to play on?
What I am saying is even if there was a massive patch and upgrade to the game how many would install it and how many new sales would that patch generate?
Seems to me it would be smarter for the Pimps to concentrate on whatever unannounced games they have in the pipeline.

11 minutes ago, Younotus said:

And I'm not bashing anyone . I believe in fun 

Wait so your gonna tell me that a company didn't know about the issue way befor releasing any info? The whole business world is a shrouded web of lies. We all know it. 

Not telling people internal stuff is not lying. You are not in a position to demand a look into their contract with Telltale for example. And if you are refering to Telltales bankcrupty, why should they have known it? There was no close link with the two companies so that TFP could look into the accounting tables of Telltale. Do you know if your neighbor is in debt or has a secret account in the keymans, even if he is a friend? You don't

Answers as in updates. Those are the answers console players are looking for. 

No updates were promised by TFP. YOU have promises from a defunct dead company that does not exist anymore (if they were promises at all. I think they announced they would make a patch and they were working on it until the bankruptcy, but whether that constitues a promise is the question)

Yes 11k+ people is sad. Makes me fear the position of this company as a whole. Will they ever finish? When is pc gold? How long/ years till completion?. 

I feel console is basic. Yes pc has its end game moments 

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, meganoth said:

That last sentence, sorry, is as inaccurate as it can be. There is nothing easy about about doing an update. And neither activision nor the rust-people could do it just because you think they can. This is a very hardware-taxing full-voxel game, neither activision nor the rust-people have ANY experience with that and will need a lot of man-power to find ways to optimize that

Now sure, if you put dozens of your best programmers on the task, eventually they will produce excellent results. But what exactly should they port? The current PC game? Which is again a moving target as the development isn't finished. Which would mean you would have to pay those premium programmers for the whole time until the PC version is finished. That would not be a sensible bussiness-plan, that would be idiocy.

So the plan is to wait for the PC version to finish, then make deals with someone to port the game. And by the looks of it they already found someone with an interest. But as sensible plans go, that company will surely wait for the finished PC version.

And you will have to wait. Simple as that. You also will have to wait for Cyberpunk to be in perfect shape, you will have to wait for the successor to Skyrim, you will have to wait for the next activision game to finish, you will have to wait for Rust 2 or Rust 3 or whatever that company plans to do. And no petition will make this any faster.

Your correct potential for faster production via petition isnt effective. But raising awareness is effective.  

So you people are gonna sit here and tell me that they had no idea that the company they're working with was going bankrupt don't you think that that might be something you want to know?  As a small business owner myself alpha those are the things you kind of wanna keep track of is your finances and where they're going and coming from you also wanna know that you know any of your suppliers are closing shop soon due to stuff like that it seems like a reasonable accommodation to let your buddy know Hey man we're closing . Because of blank and blank seems like something you might want to know or at least be aware of