was the super corn gimp intentional?

GeckoAddict

as the subject, i got the update today and did they mean to make super corn useless now? with 19 I'm having to constantly eat so keeping a stack of super corn made life a little easier. but the food value went from 20 to 3 and the health from 10 to 1 point. its no different than regular corn now.

i seem to be one of those hit with the food consumption bug so it was really useful for that part. but not now. and I say it's a bug bc I have timed it, just running around a city. no fighting or anything else like that. but i went from 100 food to 50 in seven min. that seems a it off.

Hate to see the nerf because glue has become comically easy to obtain now with the bazillion animals out and about.  Our "hunter" player (perked into animal tracking and 3/5 on the meat harvesting perk in Fortitude) single handedly got about 2 stacks of bones from all the animal kills in a span of 2 hours of play.  Not to mention the mountain of raw meat also obtained...lol

I think it is a good change, because it made rest of farming and food acquisition useless. The glue part is nice especially if you use lot of dynamite like I do. It makes building moats so much easier. You use moats to funnel zombies into a choke point and there you just blow them up with grenades.

I think this was a huge mistake. When I read the patch notes, I thought to myself, " Ya its a little OP, I bet they like halve the stats" got into the game and looked at one of the stacks I had in my box, and my jaw dropped. I was like, "oh they dont want anyone to use this at all, I see".

At 3 hunger and 1 hp this is now literally worse than regular corn since it cant be cooked into other meals. There is literally no use for it at all, so if this is the way its going to stay may as well rename the stuff "Super S**t Corn" because the idea of farming this, or even harvesting it from the POI is a total waste of time. If you are cooking enough meat for feed a 4 person crew, you have SO many bones its obscene. the idea of farming this for glue is just stupid. 

Honestly I loved the idea of something like this in the game that was only obtainable if you knew how to get it, now it feels like "Taza's Stone Axe" why the hell even have it in the game? 

THe right way to deal with the issue of this being op was to make other foods better, more fun, more appealing, etc. 

Oh well. 

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

My memory is a little fuzzy but super corn  every system in the game is one of those unfinished ideas that didn't pan out or is still incomplete in design.  Hopefully it gets a more meaningful role at some point.

FIFY

I I hated supercorn when it first came out. 20 food and 10 health was completely overpowered. It made getting any other food completely useless and even made medical supplies useless, plus it stacked to 25 units per stack. A stack of supercorn was better than having a stack of painkillers, medical bandages and aloe cream as it either healed more per stack or it can be used in quick succession.

its not even endgame though, I got supercorn on day 1-2 and not that living off the land changed to three tiers, u can craft the seeds at level two. I could easily make seeds before the first day 7.

but the nerf was way too far. They need to make slight adjustments to buff it. Make it substitutable for normal corn, buff it’s stats to 5-7 per corn or something rather than 3, or have it be cooked like supercorn on the cob for even better stats, and give it a perk if they want.

5 hours ago, Gr.o.m. said:

Either 1 or 2 recipes for good food should be addetto the game.

Or a recipe to turn 3 super corn into either 2 potatoes, 2 corn or 2 mushrooms.

the first will likeyl happen, something to be done with it. The second no. They've kept pretty realistic in how we get food, an exchange would break that and would be odd.

Well this one hits home, seeing as I wasted all the points trying to spec into make super corn seeds (which turned out to be a mistake on the tooltip) because my hunger was dropping out ridiculously..... I was delighted to finally get a Super Corn seed recipe within an IRL day of the new patch.... THEN to see how nerfed it actually was.... Needless to say I wasn't a happy survivor.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:32 AM, ROSSO_D said:

Well this one hits home, seeing as I wasted all the points trying to spec into make super corn seeds (which turned out to be a mistake on the tooltip) because my hunger was dropping out ridiculously..... I was delighted to finally get a Super Corn seed recipe within an IRL day of the new patch.... THEN to see how nerfed it actually was.... Needless to say I wasn't a happy survivor.

its a bug that you suffer from or you dont. i was on a server that had a few people with no issue and a bunch with the issue. its so random. i completely uninstalled the game and reinstalled and it didn't do anything. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Junuxx said:

Yeah as stated before you can make glue out of it without bones.

Other than that, crappy corn would be a better name for it currently.

I mean its an infinite source of glue, doesnt seem to crappy to me :p I can piss through glue like its nothing.

2 hours ago, Junuxx said:

Yeah as stated before you can make glue out of it without bones.

Other than that, crappy corn would be a better name for it currently.

The nerf from around 20 food* was definitely needed but yeah I think they overdid it. Using it to make glue is fine. IMO, at the minimum it should also be used in food recipes just like normal corn. Since it is 'super' then it should be able to give more nutrients. Say, 1.5 to 2x nutrient when used in meal recipes. When raw it should have the same nutrients as normal corn. Heat (eg. cooking) unlocks its potential.

* - Don't remember if it was 15 or 20 but it was OP for a single RAW food.

On 7/13/2020 at 3:46 AM, ihatefallout said:

I I hated supercorn when it first came out. 20 food and 10 health was completely overpowered. It made getting any other food completely useless and even made medical supplies useless, plus it stacked to 25 units per stack. A stack of supercorn was better than having a stack of painkillers, medical bandages and aloe cream as it either healed more per stack or it can be used in quick succession.

its not even endgame though, I got supercorn on day 1-2 and not that living off the land changed to three tiers, u can craft the seeds at level two. I could easily make seeds before the first day 7.

but the nerf was way too far. They need to make slight adjustments to buff it. Make it substitutable for normal corn, buff it’s stats to 5-7 per corn or something rather than 3, or have it be cooked like supercorn on the cob for even better stats, and give it a perk if they want.

Wasn't mutated seed crafting level 5 living off the land before this alpha?

Archived