was the super corn gimp intentional?

GeckoAddict

Just now, pApA^LeGBa said:

MP/SP doesn´t matter, crack a book is a quest POI. It respawns when you start the quest.

True, but super corn still valuable. I am glad I can harverst 300 super corn and craft 150 glue -> duct tape without need leave my base. Then I can focus on mining/building. I dont need hunt animals, I can live eating vegetable soup. I can craft paper inside the safety of my base to craft my dynamits and shotgun (to be honest I dont like shotgun...).

Well, it is nice we have one more source of glue and paper. So, why bother?

We have plenty of food recipes, why bother about super corn?

It´s fine for glue. I would never use glue to make paper tough. You play PvP i guess, then it´s understandable if you stay inside. At PvE the questing is way more effective and faster. Also you get a lot more than just paper.

It´s just a nice to have tbh, so you don´t have to hunt animals and harvest carcasses during your whole game. If you don´t find super corn early on, you propably have a ton of bones, paper and glue already when you get it.

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It´s fine for glue. I would never use glue to make paper tough. You play PvP i guess, then it´s understandable if you stay inside. At PvE the questing is way more effective and faster. Also you get a lot more than just paper.

It´s just a nice to have tbh, so you don´t have to hunt animals and harvest carcasses during your whole game. If you don´t find super corn early on, you propably have a ton of bones, paper and glue already when you get it.

There is another small reason to prefer super corn. If you need to collect bones you also get animal fat, meat and rotten meat, 4 items wasting space in your inventory. Sure, you can always drop what you don't need or store it in the bike, but all of this takes time and clicks. In the end game I prefer to simply ignore animals and dead bodies and keep my inventory clean. Super corn allows me to still get the one resource I need of the four even in end game.

Well, all that counts if you find it very early on. At the stage i find it usually, i don´t care anymore if i have to carry stuff or not because i have a vehicle already, time isn´t that precious that i can´t take care of some extra stuff. I think my earliest super corn was like day 13 or something like that. Really not lucky with finding bob´s boars. I do plant it tough if i find it. But it takes ages until you get a decent amount of seeds so you can fully switch to glue made from super corn. You get exactly 9 ears of super corn at bob´s boars, wich is one short for two seeds. Is there any other POI that has it?

55 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well, all that counts if you find it very early on. At the stage i find it usually, i don´t care anymore if i have to carry stuff or not because i have a vehicle already, time isn´t that precious that i can´t take care of some extra stuff. I think my earliest super corn was like day 13 or something like that. Really not lucky with finding bob´s boars. I do plant it tough if i find it. But it takes ages until you get a decent amount of seeds so you can fully switch to glue made from super corn. You get exactly 9 ears of super corn at bob´s boars, wich is one short for two seeds. Is there any other POI that has it?

Yes, bob's boars after you got a quest for it 😇

If you don't want quality-of-life improvements that is perfectly fine. In late game I don't want to do any more inventory management than the necessary minimum. That includes shoveling stuff into the car and out again and into boxes in the base.

I really detest organizing crates/inventory so I hear you. I've significantly curbed my Bethesda game pack rat tendencies just out of pure laziness. Once you get established it's fine but there's always that point on like day 6 where you have to turn your 8 secure storage chests that you have been using as a giant junk drawer into something usable and it's brutal. ("Why do I have 10 engines? What can I even do with this now? Ugh.")

I haven't played this week yet but I'm looking forward to the new inventory tweaks more than anything.

@meganoth Well i do use it. It´s just really nothing more than a nice to have that takes ages to be usefull. I regulary do the hospital usually so bones aren´t really a problem usually. And until T5 quests i usually need to hunt anyways and several quest POI´s have loads of bones also until that. With the new stamina drain, the vegetable stew doesn´t do it anymore. It´s more of a must if you play on crowded servers. Also with the new inventory buttons it´s really not much of a hassle to put things in crates. 

10 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@meganoth Well i do use it. It´s just really nothing more than a nice to have that takes ages to be usefull. I regulary do the hospital usually so bones aren´t really a problem usually. And until T5 quests i usually need to hunt anyways and several quest POI´s have loads of bones also until that. With the new stamina drain, the vegetable stew doesn´t do it anymore. It´s more of a must if you play on crowded servers. Also with the new inventory buttons it´s really not much of a hassle to put things in crates. 

Ok man, Super Corn is useless for you. Ok, nice for you if you can get resourcers from quests. But for me, who dont like stop building and manage my 10 furnace producing concrete, bullets, smelting stacks of 5 radiator, it is very nice to have a plantation of glue/paper in my on base. I dont need: Leave my base, go to a trader, take a quest, go to the POI, start quest, go inside the POI, fight zombies, farm, leave and go back to base.

I just need... Go to my plantation, harvester. END.

Your gamestime is good and functional, but super corn is still very valuable to ppl like me. 

2 hours ago, Biscoitoso said:

Ok man, Super Corn is useless for you. Ok, nice for you if you can get resourcers from quests. But for me, who dont like stop building and manage my 10 furnace producing concrete, bullets, smelting stacks of 5 radiator, it is very nice to have a plantation of glue/paper in my on base. I dont need: Leave my base, go to a trader, take a quest, go to the POI, start quest, go inside the POI, fight zombies, farm, leave and go back to base.

I just need... Go to my plantation, harvester. END.

Your gamestime is good and functional, but super corn is still very valuable to ppl like me. 

Where do you get your radiators when you don´t leave your base? Also i prefer doing quests, so i don´t have to smelt any brass other than coins. It´s so annoying to smelt the different brass items for me, especially radiators, necessary in early game tough.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:23 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

MP/SP doesn´t matter, crack a book is a quest POI. It respawns when you start the quest. @myrkana

if you get the quest. Also it has to be close enough to the trader to even be picked. An infinite source of glue is still amazing, even if paper can be easy to find the uses for glue are huge. 

On 8/7/2020 at 5:39 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Where do you get your radiators when you don´t leave your base? Also i prefer doing quests, so i don´t have to smelt any brass other than coins. It´s so annoying to smelt the different brass items for me, especially radiators, necessary in early game tough.

Sometimes I leave my base to mine or scarp things. The point is: I dont need leave for glue and paper.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:26 AM, Onarr said:

I think it is a good change, because it made rest of farming and food acquisition useless. The glue part is nice especially if you use lot of dynamite like I do. It makes building moats so much easier. You use moats to funnel zombies into a choke point and there you just blow them up with grenades.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:32 PM, bjurney said:

You can make glue from it, which seems like its primary purpose now. 

It is now two super corn for one glue. What that means is that with a point in living off the land, each super corn crop is one glue. Each cotton crop is now two cloth. 

You now have duct tape farms. For dynamite folks this is great. I used the dynamite for tunneling. I dig tunnels to the traders now. Having a giant tunnel network to the traders and the cities is great! it saves time and gas to be able to straight away bike everywhere safely. 

@Biscoitoso you gotta have a totally different way to play this than me it seems. If i go out and come back with stacks of radiators, i usually also have bones with me when coming back. But hey, each to it´s own. Not judging anyone here.

That said, i don´t even loot brass anymore. Coins are so easy to get in huge amounts, in only use coins for casings these days. The habit of wrenching brass things is still strong tough, catching myself wasting time with it regulary. 😛  

On 8/9/2020 at 11:04 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Biscoitoso you gotta have a totally different way to play this than me it seems. If i go out and come back with stacks of radiators, i usually also have bones with me when coming back. But hey, each to it´s own. Not judging anyone here.

That said, i don´t even loot brass anymore. Coins are so easy to get in huge amounts, in only use coins for casings these days. The habit of wrenching brass things is still strong tough, catching myself wasting time with it regulary. 😛  

You are making a huge mistake, don't melt the coins, use them to buy brass and ammo. also rotate your guns a bit. bows and shotguns don't need brass, so are an important alternative to the other weapons. 

Archived