was the super corn gimp intentional?

GeckoAddict

3 hours ago, Dracula said:

Verified yesterday evening; the first time I've played A19 in weeks due to having nothing worth doing in it, it seems the only point of "super" corn is glue.

Another useless item in the game.

No, it is situational now.  If you play perception and need lots of explosives super corn is the end game alternative to hunting.

If you don't use a bow, feathers are useless as well. It doesn't mean feathers are generally useless.

1 minute ago, meganoth said:

No, it is situational now.  If you play perception and need lots of explosives super corn is the end game alternative to hunting.

If you don't use a bow, feathers are useless as well. It doesn't mean feathers are generally useless.

This^

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

Well, excuse me for getting bored with the current progression to where I haven't noticed that if I don't put points into a specific category that it doesn't have TWO uses.

I doubt I'll play more until a stable version of 19 comes out that can be modded to not suck.

10 minutes ago, Dracula said:

Well, excuse me for getting bored with the current progression to where I haven't noticed that if I don't put points into a specific category that it doesn't have TWO uses.

THREE uses, I think explosive arrows and bolts need duct tape too. Oh, and you don't really need points in the explosives perk or bow perk to have fun with explosive things in the game

15 minutes ago, Dracula said:

I doubt I'll play more until a stable version of 19 comes out that can be modded to not suck.

I doubt you will care much to know that I will play the sucky version 😉

Never ate or farmed it. When i get supercorn i always have already a farm running and no food worries (I am always unlucky with finding bob´s boars early on. Meh, could use it for more than just supercorn) Now i can at least use it and can ignore animals and carcasses. Veggie stew and the new foods ftw. The nerf doesn´t bother me at all.

I think the new super corn is good, because the old one was very powerfull and render normal food useless, even medical stuff was useless too!

But the new supercorn is almost useless, OK, it is nice have a glue plantation, but how about some food recipes with that? Maybe it can be added to Sham Chowder. Cham Chowder is very OP, its give 53 food, 53 water and 80 healling! The Can of Sham is made of rotten meat, bones and acid, why not add supercorn, a cancerous glue food?

😆 

1 hour ago, Dracula said:

Dude, super corn is situational. If you play as a grenadier and rocket launcher like me, you will use lots and lots of grenades and rockets, what just bones can't supply.

Now I can have plenty of explosives and I am very happy. Now I can drive my 4x4 or Gyro without the need of stoping to hunt down a random animal. I dont even need hunt anymore, I dont need bother chopping carcaces. Now I can live a full vegan life and can save my time with another matters.

I dont need the stupid animals and carcaces, because I have 300 super corn planted to feed my explosive arsenal of armageddon. I am a God now!

I AM A GOD NOW! A GOD WITH 200 FRAG ROCKETS AND 200 CONTACT GRENADES! BOW BEFORE ME!

27 minutes ago, Dracula said:

Do you mean glue's value for duct tape?  From your implication, I thought it was an ingredient in explosives.

I've had an abundance of bones for glue; with them being easier to acquire than super corn.

Yes, each explosive arrow needs one duct tape, slightly less once you can make bundles. Mines and rockets too, but not thrown explosives, I was wrong about that.

You also need glue for paper which you need for shotgun ammo. A miner might possibly have a paper shortage.

Usually I have enough bones too, but I would guess this might change if I seriously used explosive arrows on horde night.

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Paper shortage? Nope. Paper mill and the big crack a book (the paper rolls there are now actually paper. I doubt you can use all that paper you get there)

I am not talking about single player, I am talking about multiplayer server with many hardcore players like the one I play. =)

Ah; so it's not a required ingredient for explosives, it just expedites the process.

Once I found the M60, brass, lead, and gunpowder became my only focus as I could strafe an entire horde and a "clamshell" defense point was all I needed.  Then the game becomes:  "find brass and lead, do trader mission to loot every bit of brass from respawning buildings, repeat"

15 hours ago, Biscoitoso said:

Dude, super corn is situational. If you play as a grenadier and rocket launcher like me, you will use lots and lots of grenades and rockets, what just bones can't supply.

I have had this game for years and I think I've fired less than 10 rockets ever. They've always just been dukes that take up another inventory slot to me because they are not really practical to use in POIs and by the time I can make them in bulk my base is covered in turrets and I don't need them. That's a crazy playstyle and I need to try it.

47 minutes ago, Dracula said:

Ah; so it's not a required ingredient for explosives, it just expedites the process.

Once I found the M60, brass, lead, and gunpowder became my only focus as I could strafe an entire horde and a "clamshell" defense point was all I needed.  Then the game becomes:  "find brass and lead, do trader mission to loot every bit of brass from respawning buildings, repeat"

You know that you can smelt the coins to brass? Lootable brass is just a nice little add on for bullet casings.

49 minutes ago, wizard puke said:

I have had this game for years and I think I've fired less than 10 rockets ever. They've always just been dukes that take up another inventory slot to me because they are not really practical to use in POIs and by the time I can make them in bulk my base is covered in turrets and I don't need them. That's a crazy playstyle and I need to try it.

Currently in my SP game I play perception/explosives guy for the first time, I expect to use lots of explosives and eventually the rocket launcher. I'm not at all sure ATM whether I build my horde base more for explosives or sniping and penetration though

Slightly off-topic: Once our co-op game has run its course and our group wants to start a new world I give out explosives, gas cans, rocket launchers and rocket ammo and we wreck a few buildings (often skyscrapers, sometimes also our horde and crafting base) as a sort of farewell party to the world.

@wizard puke Rocket launcher with frag ammo and contact grenades are great vs demolishers. Also now that you need the demolition skill to bulk craft gunpowder, it´s inviting to use explosives.

Just don´t use the atomic junkies candy during horde night. They also boost the block damage of explosives. Not recommended.

16 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Paper shortage? Nope. Paper mill and the big crack a book (the paper rolls there are now actually paper. I doubt you can use all that paper you get there)

wanna bet? xD irc the shells for the shotgun turrets take paper and I dont always find a paper pile building within a close distance to me.  

On 8/4/2020 at 8:35 AM, Dracula said:

Verified yesterday evening; the first time I've played A19 in weeks due to having nothing worth doing in it, it seems the only point of "super" corn is glue.

Another useless item in the game.

I mean, I can go through glue like its nothing sometimes. I fix armor and weapons before I sell them because its can double or triple the value depending on how broken they are. Glue is needed to do a lot of stuff in game, an infinite source is of huge value.

7 hours ago, Dracula said:

I kill 10-20 zombies with just a single shot of my rocket launcher. How many bullets you need to do the same thing? 😃

And, just because YOU dont use rockets, dont mean rockets not are used, I play as a grenadier and rockets, my friends aways talk about that "Ohh Biscoitoso aways have explosives, he is crazy, it is imposible play stealth with him near.".

6 hours ago, wizard puke said:

Too bad for you. I aways have 20 rockets HE (To destroy walls and open my way) and 20 Frag Rockets (to kill entire groups of zombies with a single shot). I fell bad for you because you dont know how marvellous is the power of a rocket launcher!

Try it: Rocket Launcher 6 + Reflex Sight, Laser, Criple, Rad Remove + Candy + Frag => BOOOOM!

Anyway, if you dont need lots and lots of duct tape, ok, but I need and for me, Super Corn is very important! I am glad I dont need stop my vehicle every time I see a animal, because now, I dont need bones anymore.

1 hour ago, wizard puke said:

Do you play sp or do you have other people backing you? That might explain our difference in playstyle. Either way with this update I'm just going to lean into explosives and see how it goes.

Both in MP and SP I play in the same way. Actually I am playing in a MP server, but I am alone in my base. I all own, I have farmed, looted and built by myself.

What I am trying to tell is: Super Corn has its uses, it is an alternative for glue. It is like brass, we can obtain brass from many things, so why not with glue? If you dont like super corn, dont plant it, if you dont like arrows, dont collect feathers, if you dont like shotgun, dont collect paper and there we go.

I am glad the game have options.

Archived