a19 b163 OMG THANXS...more animals, stars in the sky and grafix feel like O YEAH

7daysOfFun

i played 1/4 of my 120min day

>8 eagles, 4 wolfes, 1 baer...oh yeahh so much So cool

>the sky was full of stars (was to before 2? i dont noticed , now its so cool to se)

>grafix feel like they have changed a thing.. the feeling from 7 days has come back...more sharpness 2 ?

when u know can put the cry woman more often, then its the perfect daily chaos XDDDD

have u all noticed that 2 , or its just my happiness from the animals?

I do like more more animals. I'm a little concerned with the amount of wolves spawning in broad daylight though for new players. Some may enjoy the added challenge, but others may find it frustrating when you run across 6 different dire wolf spawns in about 20 minutes. Maybe some of it is tied to game stage? Or it might be possible they spawned at night and since I was still in the area they never despawned? I don't even know if that's a thing though. I could also be confusing regular wolves for dire wolves, I just assumed the big black wolves were dire wolves.

I do like the added bears as a challenge. I've seen several in a short amount of time and chosen a different route to go around them when on foot. I can no longer walk around town and not pay attention because there is nothing I need to worry about, and I like that. And now I actually have a reason to have an "oh sh*t weapon" on me at all times in case I get cornered by one. Those things have a lot of health 😆

in my limited play with the new version.... way too many animals.   I played 1 day so far (day 3) and killed 7 or 8 wolves (and some other animals) and harvested about 300-400 meat.   Food is no longer an issue

56 minutes ago, Kalen said:

in my limited play with the new version.... way too many animals.   I played 1 day so far (day 3) and killed 7 or 8 wolves (and some other animals) and harvested about 300-400 meat.   Food is no longer an issue

I can confirm. Im on day 4 and i have 3 stacks of meat in my chest. Thats too much

A friend of mine and I managed to convince another friend to try the game.  Day 2, I've seen 3 bears, (2 killed by Z's and harvested by me, 1 avoided due to no Z's in the vincinity.)

6 wolves.

Deaths 1, 2, 3, and 4 were by wolves, on both of our parts.  I killed one wolf by standing on a rock and throwing 3 spears into it.  (I had 3 spears due to deaths 1, 2, and 3.)  The 4th death was by the 2nd wolf that came up from behind us while we were killing wolf # 3 an climbed up the rock to eat us.  Fortunately I spawned on my bedroll nearby and made another 2 spears and killed that one while our friend said it was time for him to take a break and logged out.

We used to play EVE Online together, so dying a few times isn't an issue for him, but it can be frustrating.  Don't get me wrong, I *LIKE* more animals, but maybe ease up on the wolves and bears until after day 5ish?

They also removed sickness from water, boosted the stamina on canned food and added a new bonus to veggies.

If it wasnt for modding I would honestly have stopped playing and moved on. Im not sure who their target audience is but these changes over the course of the past year almost make no sense. 

Im all for going the easy route. I enjoy survival but if they want to take it in a more casual direction then great, but then its like 5 different teams want five different things and other things are made unusually more punishing. Im failing to see who there end game target audience is.

Just now, JaxTeller718 said:

They also removed sickness from water, boosted the stamina on canned food and added a new bonus to veggies.

If it wasnt for modding I would honestly have stopped playing and moved on. Im not sure who their target audience is but these changes over the course of the past year almost make no sense. 

Im all for going the easy route. I enjoy survival but if they want to take it in a more casual direction then great, but then its like 5 different teams want five different things and other things are made unusually more punishing. Im failing to see who there end game target audience is.

Well lots of people, (myself included), were complaining about food shortages, imo, they went too far in the other direction.  (You can't please everyone)

I think they were listening to the complaints, who knows maybe even from their own team members.  It's a balancing issue, and they've got some time to get it balanced up a bit.

i find its a good balance...

u find a lot of water (dirty water u can cook)

food was a problem..now u have meat a lot BUT u need water the makes cooked meat (that give water and for hungry)

when u want cook better, u must collect eggs / corn / potatos / animaloil (dont know the word , this white thing) / and so on

u can escape from all animals...bears react only when u are near...wolves middle and dogs are super pissed when u r and their area

i think that are a lot of animals, but for a zombie village...its nice...so the game is more harder and u must watch all the time for zombies or animals (yes..i died to 4 times from a bear XD)

I'm about to start my first A19 game today. I was pretty happy about scarce food, it seems this new patch went a bit overdrive with the animal spawnings. Does anyone have both the b157 and b163.values so that I can find a decent middle ground as a modlet before I start? 

4 hours ago, beHypE said:

I'm about to start my first A19 game today. I was pretty happy about scarce food, it seems this new patch went a bit overdrive with the animal spawnings. Does anyone have both the b157 and b163.values so that I can find a decent middle ground as a modlet before I start? 

I don't believe it changed between 18.4 and A19 b157. I've got those handy. Left is A18.4, Right is A19 b163. And yeah, desert appears in the opposite order in the spawning.xml file in A19 for some reason.

Pine Forest

EnemyAnimalForest respawndelay="14" -> respawndelay="7"

FriendlyAnimalForest respawndelay="21" -> respawndelay="10"

Desert

FriendlyAnimalsDesert respawndelay="21" -> respawndelay="10"

EnemyAnimalsDesert respawndelay="10" -> respawndelay="7"

Wasteland

No Change

Burnt Forest

EnemyAnimalsBurntForest respawndelay="14" -> respawndelay="7"

FriendlyAnimalsBurntForest respawndelay="21" -> respawndelay="10"

Snow

EnemyAnimalsSnow respawndelay="14" -> respawndelay="7"

FriendlyAnimalsSnow respawndelay="21" -> respawndelay="10"

It´s from one extreme right into another extreme. They do everything to cater new players in A19  and now you get 4 wolves and a bear before noon of day 1? And food is again no concern anymore in a survival game. That sucks.

And yes i know balancing isn´t easy, but testing this for a few hours would have shown that it is way too much now.

@Ranzera I don´t know anything about XML, but i have never seen that many animals at 7:30 on day one already since 2013. 2 Stags, 1 deer, 1 boar, 2 rabbits and a chicken. In 30 minutes.

I was enjoying the new food balance, for once I was struggling and I was enjoying it, granted I wasn't going to new areas of the map so animals stopped spawning. I also didn't have any points in any of the food related perks except for living off the land, I had just started getting a small farm running.

I have a stock pile of canned food which I am saving up for later so it's not like I didn't have any food. The food game felt great for me personally, it was perfect (for SP at least)

Then I played b163 and in only 2 hours, I got more meat than I had managed to find in the previous 13 hours. Now food is a non-issue again and all food related perks are redundant again, I can live off charred meat and boiled water without any risk.

2 hours ago, Ranzera said:

I don't believe it changed between 18.4 and A19 b157. I've got those handy. Left is A18.4, Right is A19 b163. And yeah, desert appears in the opposite order in the spawning.xml file in A19 for some reason.

Pine Forest

EnemyAnimalForest respawndelay="14" -> respawndelay="7"

FriendlyAnimalForest respawndelay="21" -> respawndelay="10"

Desert

FriendlyAnimalsDesert respawndelay="21" -> respawndelay="10"

EnemyAnimalsDesert respawndelay="10" -> respawndelay="7"

Wasteland

No Change

Burnt Forest

EnemyAnimalsBurntForest respawndelay="14" -> respawndelay="7"

FriendlyAnimalsBurntForest respawndelay="21" -> respawndelay="10"

Snow

EnemyAnimalsSnow respawndelay="14" -> respawndelay="7"

FriendlyAnimalsSnow respawndelay="21" -> respawndelay="10"

Thanks but I guess there's something else than the respawndelay at stakes here. From all the feedback I'm reading, it doesn't look like people found that many animals early on, so I doubt it's only about the respawndelay, since it wouldn't have changed anything Day 1. They probably @%$*#!ed up the new build by misplacing a comma somewhere.

1 hour ago, beHypE said:

Thanks but I guess there's something else than the respawndelay at stakes here. From all the feedback I'm reading, it doesn't look like people found that many animals early on, so I doubt it's only about the respawndelay, since it wouldn't have changed anything Day 1. They probably @%$*#!ed up the new build by misplacing a comma somewhere.

The maxcount didn't change as far as I can tell. I gave you the full change of the lines.

Here's what a full block looks like in the current A19 b163

<biome name="pine_forest">
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="4" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesNight" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="10" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
	</biome>

And here's the same block in A18.4

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="14" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="21" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
	</biome>

I have a junk sledge turret guarding the entrance to my base, kind of a double back on itself hallway. The base is located across the street from Trader Jen  in PREGEN01. Before the latest patch dropped, I  never found any animal near the base, and I even hunted down a wolf on day two just to get some meat. I played three game days, 60 minute days, with b163 and in that time, the sledge killed three chickens and one doe that wondered by. I appreciate them trying to fix the food issue, thank you Fun Pimps, but maybe just dial it back a bit. 

Yeah food is basically infinite now. If it weren't for the other non-food benefits there would be no reason to even bother going for better food items now, because you can get a week's worth of meat in a single day of passively hunting any animals you see while looting or questing. I definitely think animals (and food overall) were a tiny bit too rare before (and in multiplayer animals might as well have been removed from the game), but this is insane. There needs to be playercount-based scaling for animal spawns and overall rates need to be toned back down some, especially for rarer, more dangerous (but more valuable) animals like bears.

2 hours ago, Ranzera said:

The maxcount didn't change as far as I can tell. I gave you the full change of the lines.

Here's what a full block looks like in the current A19 b163

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="10" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
	</biome>

And here's the same block in A18.4

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="14" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
		<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="21" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
	</biome>

The important changes are in entitygroups.xml

For example this:

A19 B157:

<entitygroup name="EnemyAnimalsForest">
!               <entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="6"/>
!               <entity name="animalWolf" prob="0.4"/>
!               <entity name="animalBear" prob="0.05"/>
!               <entity name="animalDireWolf" prob="0.05"/>
!       </entitygroup>

A19 B163:

!               <entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="80"/>
!               <entity name="animalWolf" prob="10"/>
!               <entity name="animalBear" prob="5"/>
!               <entity name="animalDireWolf" prob="5"/>
!       </entitygroup>  

If I read this correctly, previously an unfriendly animal would spawn in 1 of 12 spawn events only, in the forest. Now it is 1 in 5, that is more than doubled.

Friendly animals in forest jumped from 2 in 3 to always.

PS: It is entirely possible that I don't interpret the numbers correctly. Especially the friendly animals increase of only 30% does not seem enough to explain the observations of players at the moment.

Got almost 800 meat in 2 days on pregen02 last night. 

Just 2 on the server right now,  so it's a bit much for meats.

That's the thing though, SP vs MP, and with 4 or more ppls, yes,  would need that.

Scaling based on population would be nice.

of course, now I have to start making more bullets as it takes a full clip plus a few from the 9mm to kill a bear. (he gets to munch on me a bit)

All these bears, I may go back to the str/fort build and steel knuckles.  I soooo much fun knocking bears noggin off with 1 punch)   :D

Single player felt pretty good before. There was definite food pressure but in 50+ days I only got to the point of cooking Grilled Meat 3 separate times. Once I got a vegetable farm up and running and the proper recipes food pressure has essentially vanished as I have enough fancy meals cooked to keep my character fed for the next 50 days. A duo multiplayer world I've got going with my friend felt much more tight on the food but still doable and a week in we still hadn't had to resort to Grilled Meat. With a third player I think it might have been tighter in the first few days but then gotten easier as we'd have the skill points to have one person spec into living off the land and get a garden going much faster.

2 minutes ago, Whorhay said:

Single player felt pretty good before. There was definite food pressure but in 50+ days I only got to the point of cooking Grilled Meat 3 separate times. Once I got a vegetable farm up and running and the proper recipes food pressure has essentially vanished as I have enough fancy meals cooked to keep my character fed for the next 50 days. A duo multiplayer world I've got going with my friend felt much more tight on the food but still doable and a week in we still hadn't had to resort to Grilled Meat. With a third player I think it might have been tighter in the first few days but then gotten easier as we'd have the skill points to have one person spec into living off the land and get a garden going much faster.

That's what's making it hard to balance.  How  many people? More people, need more food.

They'll get the right balance eventually, and at least they are working on it with that in mind.

SP by day 100 I have enough to feed an army. (I tend to overdo things. 5 floors of gardens. corn.bluebeery.mushrooms.taters.the annoying sized plants. going to have to do another floor this time, just for coffee.)

:D

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

The important changes are in entitygroups.xml

For example this:

A19 B157:

!               <entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="6"/>
!               <entity name="animalWolf" prob="0.4"/>
!               <entity name="animalBear" prob="0.05"/>
!               <entity name="animalDireWolf" prob="0.05"/>
!       </entitygroup>

A19 B163:

!               <entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="80"/>
!               <entity name="animalWolf" prob="10"/>
!               <entity name="animalBear" prob="5"/>
!               <entity name="animalDireWolf" prob="5"/>
!       </entitygroup>  

If I read this correctly, previously an unfriendly animal would spawn in 1 of 12 spawn events only, in the forest. Now it is 1 in 5, that is more than doubled.

Friendly animals in forest jumped from 2 in 3 to always.

PS: It is entirely possible that I don't interpret the numbers correctly. Especially the friendly animals increase of only 30% does not seem enough to explain the observations of players at the moment.

What does the invisibleAnimalEnemy do, exactly ? The way I understand it, it's to "disable" a spawn that should have happened. If my math is right, previously the probably of spawning an enemy animal was (0.4+0.05+0.05) * 0.94 / 100 = 0,47% per chunk. After the patch, the probability seems to be (10+5+5) * 0.2 / 100 = 4% per chunk. Roughly 9 times as much.

Honestly I like the challenge with my friends, you can't really do a quest without being on the lookout all the time and building quick 3*3*2's. But holy smokes, new players gotta get rekt hard right now, and food is a non issue as soon as you perk masterchef once (there's about 2 times too many birdnests imo). I'd probably tinker the numbers so that we land roughly with a 2% chance per chunk.

Archived