Anyone been infected in A 19 yet?

Fenris

Just seems like in A 19 you would actually have to try to get infected for it to happen. I usually play stealth and shoot them with a bow when I can, so I'm sure that's part of it. But after I feel like a decent amount of the POI is cleared I get bored with that and go loud and often use a baseball bat as well. I don't get hit a lot but feel like it's happened enough times that I should have been infected by now, especially when the vultures get a surprise attack in because I wasn't paying attention. In past alphas I'd be careful with melee attacks, now I just wade in with a baseball bat with no real fear of anything negative happening other than maybe being hit once.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that infection was tied into the critical hit chance, so maybe rng has just been nice to me, dunno. Also I'm only at game stage 43, so maybe the radiated zombies have a higher chance?

Yep. Get in a bad situation and hit 4 or 5 times in quick succession and you are highly likely to get infected. The first hit at full health will never get your infected. I really like the new condition system. It feels way more fair and far more interesting than it did in 18.4.

Ok, sounds like I have just been lucky with rng then. I'm not complaining that I haven't been infected. I was just worried that it may have been nerfed to the point of not even being a threat anymore, kinda of like dysentery. I'm sure I'll get infected eventually then remember I forgot my healing supplies back at my main base. 😆

Thanks,

My first week, I was a walking injury. If a zombie breathed heavily on me, I got an abrasion or laceration. I used several sewing kits, bandages and splints(lucky find). I had to cheat in some antibiotics. All stumps empty, none in POI's and trader had none. I never found any honey or anti's until, I think, day 12. 

I've been infecting a lot of people, just that no-one cares about a little sniffle anymore... :(

But seriously, not that much, once over 30 hours or so.. not taking a beating in either of my playthroughs though, so not that many chances for it either. Seems to be working, just a little rare if you're cautious.

Yes, early and often. So often that I get giddy when I see a tree trunk that I haven't chopped yet, and I was crazy excited that on my most recent save, my closest trader is Jen. I try not to leave the house with less than 3 honey in my inventory. I'm playing melee and still need to get better at keeping an eye on my stamina while in active combat, so I'm getting smacked more often than I'd like. 

18 minutes ago, Roland said:

Whaaaaat?  I always get dysentery!

roland we are discussing here about dysentery ingame 😂

jokes aside, dysentery is still a threat. I think nothing changed about this.

3 hours ago, theFlu said:

I've been infecting a lot of people, just that no-one cares about a little sniffle anymore... :(

But seriously, not that much, once over 30 hours or so.. not taking a beating in either of my playthroughs though, so not that many chances for it either. Seems to be working, just a little rare if you're cautious.

I hear there is a new pandemic possible influenza in china right now...dont you worry...😅

1 hour ago, rivle said:

roland we are discussing here about dysentery ingame 😂

jokes aside, dysentery is still a threat. I think nothing changed about this.

Maybe I'm misremembering then. I seem to recall a lot of cooked foods having a 4% chance to give dysentery, which is why in the past I'd get level 4 Iron Gut so I could eat most stuff without worrying about it. And make nothing but golden rod tea to drink up until reaching level 4.

Archived