Drones in the Alpha 19 are terrible!

Fitchkrause

11 minutes ago, Fitchkrause said:

2) Drones do not fit into the post-apocalypse. What is this Cyberpunk 2077?

Gyrocopters and automatic SMG turrets with IFF sensing are totes legit, tho.

Even taking this at face-value, post-apocalypse there will be discarded drones everywhere. It was the must-have Christmas gift of 2018 & 2019!

20 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Gyrocopters and automatic SMG turrets with IFF sensing are totes legit, tho.

Even taking this at face-value, post-apocalypse there will be discarded drones everywhere. It was the must-have Christmas gift of 2018 & 2019!

one is a thing invented in the early age of flight, the other is a hightech, selfflying car that shoots lasers...

And good lord i must have missed that. That looks bad! I thought the drones would shoot like everything else! Why do drones have lasers? o_o
I hate to be the bad guy every time... but there had to be a better idea than a laserstream! Simply shooting laserbeams like in starwars. Can behave like bullets with a long tail and this... whatever it is is gone.
I will obviously wait to see it ingame. But that does not look promising, tbh!

7 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

one is a thing invented in the early age of flight, the other is a hightech, selfflying car that shoots lasers...

And good lord i must have missed that. That looks bad! I thought the drones would shoot like everything else! Why do drones have lasers? o_o
I hate to be the bad guy every time... but there had to be a better idea than a laserstream! Simply shooting laserbeams like in starwars. Can behave like bullets with a long tail and this... whatever it is is gone.

Mmmh, SMG, yes, but he also said the words "automatic" and "friend-foe detection".

I agree the shown effect graphics were too much of everything. Work-in-progress, lets wait until it is in the game.

1 minute ago, beHypE said:

Gotta say I disliked the visuals aswell. Can totally live with the concept but it needs to be like the junk turret, a drone that shoots believable bullets; a laser beam really feels off in this game.

maybe it would be cool if it had a syringe and it few at you and stabbed you with it!

personally i don't care

18 minutes ago, beHypE said:

Gotta say I disliked the visuals aswell. Can totally live with the concept but it needs to be like the junk turret, a drone that shoots believable bullets; a laser beam really feels off in this game.

Didn't they say that was a placeholder?

I like the idea of adding kind of a supporter. I would prefer a living one though. Maybe a wolve or an npc or something like that. But I can live with a tech drone too.

In my opinion the laser doesn´t fit very well into the game. But we will have to see how it looks after its done. Its still a wip and things still can/will change.

What sets me off a lot more is that terrible battlemusic. I can´t imagine listening to that music for more then a couple of minutes before I  feel like opening my window and jump out just to escape ... 😅

3 hours ago, Sellsents said:

I like the idea of adding kind of a supporter. I would prefer a living one though. Maybe a wolve or an npc or something like that. But I can live with a tech drone too.

I think they chose a flying drone because the pathing is easier. It doesn't get stuck on every rock, every trash bag.

19 hours ago, beHypE said:

It's weapon in a shock, like the baton.

It was said that the effects are basically placeholder for now. Their main focus on the functionality of the drone before its visual effects.

Don't quote me though, the end product could end up even more flashy lol, who knows?

Every time something is shown that is a work in process there are those who suddenly forget that this is an alpha game and assume that everything released is somehow representative of the developer's final vision and intention. There is a reason the drone isn't making the release--it isn't done yet and everything about it is WIP.

A19 is not a DLC for a finished game....

And now, someone with hurt feelings will point out that we are SUPPOSED to give feedback to which I will preemptively say that telling someone that something they are in the middle of working on doesn't look finished isn't ever welcome feedback. It's just annoying as hell. And I know everyone here has experienced this in rl-- especially if you're married so don't pretend otherwise.  It is a universal experience to have a SO walk by when you are in the middle of something and let you know that what you have so far looks substandard...

They haven't included it in A19 yet because they acknowledge it isn't ready. No need to come on here and say essentially, "That @%$*#! doesn't look like it's ready!" :)

3 hours ago, Roland said:

[...]

but why not give that feedback? Yes they might already know it... but they might not!

Remember the first burn zombie? Remember the first bear model?
Yes maybe the feedback was a little too harsh, but WE don't know what is in A19 and what isn't! It was on a dev stream for A19 so it might as well have been!
As long as they continue to work on it, all is good!
And I can even say, I'm sorry for beeing too harsh, but that was because I thought this was the implemented drone.

But I will not say sorry for giving feedback on something WE don't know if its in or not.

I guess do a bit of research before reacting-especially if you’re going to go harsh style. Did you not watch the dev streams?  It was pretty clearly stated that the drone isn’t in A19 experimental because it isn’t done. If you’re going to be part of this process and comment then be part of it and watch and read dev communications so that your feedback makes sense. 

In the case of the fire zombies they said that that was their intended art style and they did listen to the feedback—and changed it almost immediately. In the case of the bear it was stated that it was still being worked on soooo many times and yet people couldn’t clue in— much like this one has been. Difference is they didn’t pull it from the game like they did this. Joel got quite frustrated with the bear comments and got sick of having to keep saying it was WIP. 

Maybe that was why they pulled the bandits, behemoth and now the drone until they could be more presentable. The behemoth never made it back. Bandits are en route and the drone is TBA.

Criticize the circle on the ground all you want because that’s considered done but the drone isn’t yet. 

2 hours ago, hiemfire said:

🤨That be a messed up relationship.

Well she doesn’t ALWAYS do it. She’s a multi-faceted human being and I forgive her for the petty things that bug me and she forgives me as well for mine. I’m quite happy with our relationship but it’s not 100% apple pie. Making out relationships to be some story book happily ever after perfect thing is what social media is for...

If nobody in your life has ever bugged you about something you were working on which led you to say, “Please just hold your comments until I’m done” then good for you...

2 hours ago, Roland said:

I guess do a bit of research before reacting-especially if you’re going to go harsh style. Did you not watch the dev streams?  It was pretty clearly stated that the drone isn’t in A19 experimental because it isn’t done. If you’re going to be part of this process and comment then be part of it and watch and read dev communications so that your feedback makes sense.

Ah yes. Watching 16 hours of content, how dare I speak about a snippet of it. I even said I'll withhold judgement until I see it in game.

Basicially: I don't think everyone can be expected to watch that much content. And I just saw the OPs post and I knew that they were working on drones. That is where my "oh god that looks bad" came from. I didn't even tell them that they suck.

On 6/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, Viktoriusiii said:

I said it looks bad, gave my mind about what I think would be better and said that I was waiting to see it ingame.

I didn't say "omg thats what TFPs always do implementing @%$*#!ty effects", because that wasn't the intention behind my comment. Can't speak for all, but this thread was made to discuss this one feature/animation and it looks bad.

2 hours ago, Roland said:

In the case of the fire zombies they said that that was their intended art style and they did listen to the feedback—and changed it almost immediately. In the case of the bear it was stated that it was still being worked on soooo many times and yet people couldn’t clue in— much like this one has been. Difference is they didn’t pull it from the game like they did this. Joel got quite frustrated with the bear comments and got sick of having to keep saying it was WIP. 

Maybe that was why they pulled the bandits, behemoth and now the drone until they could be more presentable. The behemoth never made it back. Bandits are en route and the drone is TBA.

Criticize the circle on the ground all you want because that’s considered done but the drone isn’t yet. 

I'll speak for myself here but I looked forward to watching all of the dev streams... until I realised each of them is several hours long. I did quite honestly expect a maximum of 1 hour per dev stream, with all on topic questions from the forums answered; sadly I just don't want to spend 3 hours to watch a full dev stream that doesn't even answer all the questions people asked on the forums (1 and a half pages, not THAT much for 3 hours ?). Maybe reworking the format a bit to make each part more obvious so that people can watch what interests them (30 min Q&A, 15 minutes of showcasing the drone, etc etc) would help alleviate the issue of not everyone being on the same page. YouTube has that feature perfectly covered, there's no reason not to use it.

Dismissing people's opinions because they didn't dissect every part of like 15 hours of dev streams is a bit harsh, imo. Also, what's the issue with saying we don't like the visuals even though they are supposed to be placeholders ? For all we know the star wars style beam was meant to stay with a different colour and a slightly different shape, people stating they don't like the beam as a whole is a good indicator that the current placeholder is probably in more need than a simple adjustment.

1 minute ago, beHypE said:

I'll speak for myself here but I looked forward to watching all of the dev streams... until I realised each of them is several hours long. I did quite honestly expect a maximum of 1 hour per dev stream, with all on topic questions from the forums answered; sadly I just don't want to spend 3 hours to watch a full dev stream that doesn't even answer all the questions people asked on the forums (1 and a half pages, not THAT much for 3 hours ?). Maybe reworking the format a bit to make each part more obvious so that people can watch what interests them (30 min Q&A, 15 minutes of showcasing the drone, etc etc) would help alleviate the issue of not everyone being on the same page. YouTube has that feature perfectly covered, there's no reason not to use it.

There's plenty of YouTube recaps of the streams from other content creators you could watch if you haven't seen them already. :) When I forgot some info here and there I resorted to those.

7 hours ago, Roland said:

Well she doesn’t ALWAYS do it. She’s a multi-faceted human being and I forgive her for the petty things that bug me and she forgives me as well for mine. I’m quite happy with our relationship but it’s not 100% apple pie. Making out relationships to be some story book happily ever after perfect thing is what social media is for...

If nobody in your life has ever bugged you about something you were working on which led you to say, “Please just hold your comments until I’m done” then good for you...

I guess I read it as occurring more often in your interactions than it actually does. My apologies. The worse I get from my SO is apathy towards something I'm working on (to be fair it goes both ways, differing interests and tastes in some things) which is a far cry better than the absolute possessiveness they used to have towards me (so you're correct, relationships aren't the rainbows and butterflies that some like to pretend). But that was when we first started out a couple decades ago. We still do things that irk each other, but the good things definitely out weigh the annoying and we try to be supportive when the other isn't trying to do something that will destroy what we've built together.

2 questions here since the Original Topic is drones: Does anyone know if there are plans to "fix" the drones to be available in a future A19 patch (or full release of A19) and can we modify the drones like we can modify vehicles. IE: create new drones like we can create new vehicles.

Archived