Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

4 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Yeah, you SHOULD drown.. When I first started playing I avoided the water, because I thought I WOULD drown.. Imagine my shock when I found out I could do a jesus thing and walk on water...

We can always put that in. Until water and RWG gets fixed those details don't matter that much IMO. I've yet to see a lake deep enough to swim in, let alone get fully submerged, are you guys playing Navezgane or something?

Just now, Laynie said:

I think @Demandred1957 is forgetting that dead bodies don't really get up at all. If they cant think outside of "Realistic" then they really shouldn't be playing Horror fiction games, reading horror fiction books or watching horror fiction movies :) But some people just can't see outside their tiny box they find so comfy ❤️ 

Ohh, the sting on that one... not.

My point is, there is a wide and deep lore already surrounding zom's

That's the exact reason I didn't invest my time in the "walking" dead.. Because THEY COULD RUN..

Don't criticize my viewpoint with your equally narrow one.

1 minute ago, madmole said:

We can always put that in. Until water and RWG gets fixed those details don't matter that much IMO. I've yet to see a lake deep enough to swim in, let alone get fully submerged, are you guys playing Navezgane or something?

my rng has a few lakes in it, though i wish it would generate more, swimming i generally avoid, one thing i would enjoy is if we could over time have it so filling jars does drain lakes not connected to the outer water area, would be interesting to say the least, and when it rains i wish we could have a water collecter

Just now, Demandred1957 said:

That's the exact reason I didn't invest my time in the "walking" dead.. Because THEY COULD RUN..

My view point can see that all lore starts somewhere. :) Each creator makes up their own lore. This is 7 days to die. The lore is what they say it is! 

Just an opinion from a narrow minded person :) 

2 minutes ago, madmole said:

I was yeah. That little house out on the lake is the only reason I found out I could walk on water.

But if you do that, take away the swimmers.

After all no need for them if you can't walk on water forever.

2 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

dude, you gotta chill, i watched a movie where zombies got created from some modified crack, but seriously u gotta chill out, its a game, its fun, and plenty to see in the future, as much as some aspects of realism could amp it up, im fine with it as is and looking forward to more

10 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

dude, you gotta chill, i watched a movie where zombies got created from some modified crack, but seriously u gotta chill out, its a game, its fun, and plenty to see in the future, as much as some aspects of realism could amp it up, im fine with it as is and looking forward to more

Another good one is Zombeavers PMSL. The out takes were 🤦‍♀️too funny 🤣

1 minute ago, Jay_ombie said:

20200815201951-1.jpg

Any reason that trucks and the bus do not break down like the cars in stages  ?

i actually wish all cars didnt break down, its cool but not needed, with the exception that stage 2 your more likely to get engines and batteries, its neat in the long run, less hp would be ok lol

Just now, Laynie said:

Another good one is Zombeavers PMSL. The out takes where too funny 🤣

the one i mentioned is called Zombies, Zombies, Zombies and takes place mostly in a strip club lol, ive seen zombeavers and it was amazing

5 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

I would like to point out that the only lore and viewpoint that really matters is the one the pimps have for their game.  They said they will be releasing their lore eventually.  It's their world.  The zombies can swim ... they could dance the hula if the devs thought that was part of the lore.  

@madmole There are plenty of lakes deep enough to fully submerge in the pregen worlds and on random maps.  My current one is actually built on a tiny island ... and I don't know if it's intended or not ... but i avoid the swimming zombies by sinking to the bottom and walking on the bottom ... i can hold my breath long enough to make it through.  Although, I haven't tried it with this latest 2 patches, been busy with work ... so maybe that's been fixed and they can swim down now.

4 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

i actually wish all cars didnt break down, its cool but not needed, with the exception that stage 2 your more likely to get engines and batteries, its neat in the long run, less hp would be ok lol

the one i mentioned is called Zombies, Zombies, Zombies and takes place mostly in a strip club lol, ive seen zombeavers and it was amazing

"Those b*tches are crack wh*re zombies!!!" hahahaha 🤣

2 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

I would like to point out that the only lore and viewpoint that really matters is the one the pimps have for their game.  They said they will be releasing their lore eventually.  It's their world.  The zombies can swim ... they could dance the hula if the devs thought that was part of the lore

Meh, you can only stray outside of the lore pool so far before it becomes something else..

1 minute ago, Demandred1957 said:

Meh, you can only stray outside of the lore pool so far before it becomes something else..

Which even if that was true (it's not, variety is the spice of life, new takes are awesome and different ect..), the pimps didn't do that yet, so their good :)

27 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Yeah, you SHOULD drown.. When I first started playing I avoided the water, because I thought I WOULD drown.. Imagine my shock when I found out I could do a jesus thing and walk on water...

Please remember TFPs Creed: Gameplay trumps realism. This is not a reallife simulater. Zombies are fiction. In order to make the game fun, rewarding, challenging or <insert adjective here> reality or immersions has to be bent.

And mate, there is no ultimate Truth in Zombies and their behaviour so TFP can do anything they want if they see it fit in the game.

And the every increasing Playerbase seem to consent overall with the Devs decisions, alltough i dont want to throw guesses of other players opinion around here.

There is really no need to discuss this over and over and over again.

6 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Now that would be a matter of opinion.

And I say to that, yours or even my personal opinions on this game mean zero! You can have an opinion sure, its probably a free country where you live :) But it doesn't matter to the game. The game will be made however they want to make it. The lore is the pimps lore. The idea is theirs and theirs is the only opinion that matters on this game. They have to be proud of the game they put out. That's it really plain and simple. So if in their lore zombies swim like a speedboat, fly like a bird and jump like an Olympian on steroids, its really up to them. You don't have to like it and you have that right. You also don't have to play it.

@madmoleone question, in the future and down the road, will you guys be adding in working computers that we are able to read in the pois explaining things that happened during the downfall of society, and little notes found in the trash that we can read to get more lore?  Don't get me wrong the telling through visualization in the pois is amazing, but having references we can read, that would be amazeballs, just curious if someone else has thought of this or is working on stuff on the side.

1 minute ago, Laynie said:

And I say to that, yours or even my personal opinions on this game mean zero!

I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. Our opinions matter because we are the target audience of the product. The devs are making a game that caters to the creators and to the players as well. They made this game so that people that are interested in a serious zombie survival game could buy it, play it and enjoy it.

Like Demandred1957 said, you can only stretch your lore and additions so much before your product becomes something else. If the devs do that, I'm not saying it can't be good, but it won't be the game they've spent 7 years developing anymore.

Like you said, so far it isn't the case. Let's hope it never is.

I mean people do float though... You usually drown because you can not swim and you panic and force yourself down by your movements, or because you are shifted to where you are taking in water.  Then you get lungs full of water and can probably sink for a while. 

Even if you are exhausted, just about everyone can turn on their back and just float around... unless it is the ocean and there are lots of waves, you should be fine. 

Archived