Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

2 minutes ago, faatal said:

Which was a complete guess. ALL dates by us are guesses and to think otherwise is to invite disappointment.

Shhh!  You're raining on my parade!  Let me have the hope!  

Until 11:59pm on the 15th I can still hope it's coming.

7 minutes ago, PurgatoryWolf said:

I guess that's where we got it from

And in the same response he also said this....

"Everything takes 2-3x longer than estimated..."

...so yah....but i hear ya....😅

2 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

I asked Lathan about the solar panel lag on servers and he said he couldn't re-create it. Didn't sound convincing that he tried but it is what it is I guess.

Do you have a repro? If so please submit a bug report as it will ensure it gets fixed faster.  If you don't want to, please keep the sparky comments to yourself lol...

31 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Ok I thought americans said huh? canadians say eh? stereotype.

We Americans are horrible trolls and copy whatever dialect we want, while also being so sarcastic and or ironic that even we are not sure if we are being serious or not most of the time... just as god intended. 

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Do you have a repro? If so please submit a bug report as it will ensure it gets fixed faster.  If you don't want to, please keep the sparky comments to yourself lol...

If I come across it again in my playing I definitely will as usual.....post a video, you already know my stance on bug reports. Not my job.

Still haven't fixed the one's I did from A16 so I beg to differ 😄👍

5 hours ago, hiemfire said:

I sure as heck can't jump a meter straight up while carrying 1 cubic meter frames made of wood or iron 2x2s or that much 1/2" rebar shaped into a box. Much less do so and stack them under me. Thankfully its a game and not irl. (Heck, my 300lb+ fat @%$*#! would probably shatter or bend the frames when I landed, not to mention what it'd do to my ankles) 🤣

What are you talking about?

It's part of Bavarian culture.

@faatal, when you were talking about playing I flashed way back to a vid MM posted where he was playing w pocketninja and he kept getting distracted by visual things. (I think he was actually taking notes)

So I pictured you playing after you'd merged some AI tweaks (no worries, you were fully clothed and the lights were on. ha!),

Faatal sees a zed headed his way, watches to see if said zed is zig-zagging or pathing straight.

Sees a car in the path, where going one was will be shorter, waits to see if zed takes best path.

Zed jumps over car & bonks Faatal on the nose. :biggrin1:

"oh yeah, forgot I added that"

Kidding, but I can imagine that it must be a bit difficult to not find yourself distracted, watching how the game is behaving, and that it might bite you in the butt from time to time. 🙂

8 hours ago, STyK_ said:

you guy are going to get me in trouble, I didn't want to start another debate, it was an interesting fact that we share the same opinion.

It's not really surprising. Jonah and you are both hardcore players. So there is a high probability that you both have the same opinion in many things.

But it also means that you are not the kind of players this game is balanced for. Most of us have so many hours of play in this game that we are no longer the kind of players this game is balanced for and this includes me as well. We should always keep that in mind when making suggestions.

1 hour ago, PurgatoryWolf said:

But we need hope!

1 hour ago, Pegasus said:

Shhh!  You're raining on my parade!  Let me have the hope!  

Until 11:59pm on the 15th I can still hope it's coming.

Can’t you guys just treat the latest 180 as stable and go full in. It’s pretty much all in there now and nothing stood out negative wise whilst playing since it’s release.

I say build 180 is pretty much it, and even if a few tweaks sneak in it’s not I imagine going to be to radical. 

11 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

If those cubes are 1 meter cubed then Bavarians are taller than the mythical Goliath...

I dunno, 30 of those crates stacked on top of each other is comparable to what we do in game so I think its a fair comparison LOL....

2 minutes ago, Jay_ombie said:

Can’t you guys just treat the latest 180 as stable and go full in

Just guessing but I know a few of the fequent fliers here are also good bug hunters, and you can't submit bugs for stable if you continue a game from an experimental build (other than the last exp becoming stable). Also from what Faatal posted it seems possible that there will be some AI changes added, so another small build before stable. Or could be waiting for stable because they play on public servers, majority of which I'd guess will restart once stable lands.

Or, for some of these sick puppys (:biggrin1:), it's the anticipation of the opening of the 'Alpha 20 Dev Diary' that's got their knickers all damp. :laugh:

10 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

You mean stipulations such as "Insane difficulty, Nightmare zombie speed day and night, horde every night, 10 minute days, maximum amount of nighttime, nomad lifestyle, the No Crafting Challenge on top of it, 300% AI block damage, 25% loot, 64 max alive, etc."? ;)

Well sure, if you want to do the little baby sissy girl mode!

Try turning off the monitor and sound and go by your spider sense only!

I'm so good at it, that I can play for hours that way (hell, I can play another game AT THE SAME TIME!), walk away from the computer, take a nap and come back and play some more, only then will I die (probably because I took my ninja hands off the keyboard to turn on the monitor).

I've been politely staying out of the 'how hard can you make it' thingy... (partially because of that exact sentence)

But I'm really starting to wonder about you good folk.

'Mericans used to be tough! What's all this nonsense about using your own hands and feet??

I trained my kitty cat to play 7dtd on the hardest settings, but I also modded it so only Demolishers, rad Soldiers, zom-Bears & Dire Wolves spawn. Was a bit of work to simulate Kittys Claws for weapons, but that I did, and that's all he gets.

I'm not cruel, I don't whip him if he dies, I just don't feed him for a couple days until he gets better. His current game he's on day 230+, zero deaths.

Only unintended consequence was I forgot to lock him in a couple nights ago (in the real world), and when I woke up there were six shredded dog carcasses in a pile at the foot of my bed and kitty was looking at me with what I can only characterize as an appraising gaze...

I may have taken things too far...

9 hours ago, pregnable said:

One of the things I like about playing a miner build is just doing POIs totally wrong for fun. 

I just start where I feel like and knock holes all over the place. 

It is extra fun when you are a duo and the other guy is like, "did you just knock a hole in the wall, right next to a unlocked door?"... and I am like, "Oh, you are right", then I break the unlocked door as well. 

Don't talk to me about knocking stuff down at the side of unlocked doors/gates, lol. It happens to me all the time haha.

Just now, Toban said:

Don't talk to me about knocking stuff down at the side of unlocked doors/gates, lol. It happens to me all the time haha.

I'm obviously too smart for all that. I wait for To an to knock the holes in @%$*#! while I wait to be let in. 🤭😆

5 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I'm sorry... 😂 But that part cracked me up.

I wholeheartedly agree with you though.

I agree too. If they took away nerd poling. I know Madmole has said they won't. But if they did, it would please only a small percent of people and the rest would be very unhappy. If it is so upsetting to the people who hate it. Don't do it! No one is forcing you.

I use nerd poling to build like many others and not to cheat to the roof of poi's to get things. I can imagine most do the same.

People asking for it to be removed because they don't like it should use restraint, or continue to use restraint.

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:

It's not really surprising. Jonah and you are both hardcore players. So there is a high probability that you both have the same opinion in many things.

But it also means that you are not the kind of players this game is balanced for. Most of us have so many hours of play in this game that we are no longer the kind of players this game is balanced for and this includes me as well. We should always keep that in mind when making suggestions.

So put an option in the setting for us. Same content, more options, different ways to play. I've got 1555 hours in, I'm told these are rookie numbers yet I'm pretty much getting told I'm too good for this game. Its not just three of us D1G, Guru, who knows who else could do this and moved on to other games because the game lacked the survival challenge to keep them anymore. Why would we want to go on to play multiplayer with people who nerd pol in everything they do. It wouldn't just be us either, eventually people would come around and actually play the game to be like them.

I started reading the post indirectly aimed at me but I all I kept reading metaphorically speaking is "I'll never be ready for the deep end of the pool, these water wings are staying on forever, I'll just mock the big kids that swim there to make me feel better about it."

How the hell have some of you got double and triple my hours and not evolved? But instead become so stubborn and closed minded that you will fight to the death to stop any kind of change.

29 minutes ago, Toban said:

I agree too. If they took away nerd poling. I know Madmole has said they won't. But if they did, it would please only a small percent of people and the rest would be very unhappy. If it is so upsetting to the people who hate it. Don't do it! No one is forcing you.

I use nerd poling to build like many others and not to cheat to the roof of poi's to get things. I can imagine most do the same.

People asking for it to be removed because they don't like it should use restraint, or continue to use restraint.

You can't use restraint on multiplayer, self-control doesn't work there, you're saying 'we' have to limit our game to singleplayer because of this. I can exercise all the will and restraint needed in my singleplayer game but multiplayer lacks the uniform rules and balance, I can't control other peoples will and restraint and asking them nicely doesn't work either.

Archived