madmole

Alpha 19 Dev Diary

14 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Do you want me to do the next play though just building from scratch? Will that solidify the point? Cause it is totally realistic to hold up in strong already some what fortified structure, look at walking dead. You don't have to be great like I said or play permadeath just pick a difficulty that works for you and don't use the frame like your life depends on it, like it were any other survival game.

Eh? Use the frame a certain way? My response had nothing to do with using frames. I was just talking about the overall game.

If you are talking about nerd poling, I don't really care one way or the other. I use it sometimes, but not that much. I prefer ladders up the sides of buildings.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, faatal said:

Chunks are multiple byte arrays of the different parts of data. Yes it can be hard to read/change/improve and the programmer who wrote most of that is no longer with the company, so I just keep it maintained for now. It gets the job done.

Ouch. I'm sorry.
I bought a few more copies of 7D2D and handed them out. Treat yourself to some 15-yr old cans of green beans on me.

So is anyone else anxious for a stable release?  I still have my fingers crossed that maybe it'll come out tomorrow so I can have some uninterrupted time to play.  Work systems are down tomorrow so I can have play time without feeling guilty. :)

• Like 2

Just now, Pegasus said:

So is anyone else anxious for a stable release?  I still have my fingers crossed that maybe it'll come out tomorrow so I can have some uninterrupted time to play.  Work systems are down tomorrow so I can have play time without feeling guilty. :)

For sure. I figure they're going to do what they did the last couple of releases and just roll the current experimental into stable

I thought that they had announced it was coming out the 15th was that changed?

2 minutes ago, faatal said:

Eh? Use the frame a certain way? My response had nothing to do with using frames. I was just talking about the overall game.

If you are talking about nerd poling, I don't really care one way or the other. I use it sometimes, but not that much. I prefer ladders up the sides of buildings.

are you Canadian too?
Ok I though that was at me and this argument.

Just now, PurgatoryWolf said:

For sure. I figure they're going to do what they did the last couple of releases and just roll the current experimental into stable

Maybe ... they've mentioned some more bugs though, so I'm a little less hopeful... but I still have hope! There's always a chance, right?  At least until the big Kahuna comes in and says it's not happening.

That's what I come on here hoping to find out. I know sometimes they like to do their releases at midnight so

3 minutes ago, PurgatoryWolf said:

I thought that they had announced it was coming out the 15th was that changed?

All stable versions should come from an experimental version, since they get more testing than a non released build.

I have not seen us announce any dates.

5 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

are you Canadian too?
Ok I though that was at me and this argument.

Definitely not. Born, raised and live in Indiana, USA.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, faatal said:

All stable versions should come from an experimental version, since they get more testing than a non released build.

They did last week on the steam discussion boards as a tentative release of the 15th.  They were very clear about the word tentative ... and all that.  But heck, I've been hoping for a stable release for about 2 weeks now.  LOL

And it's already after midnight here so it's technically already tomorrow ... so it might be Christmas soon!  

But i don't think it's midnight there yet ... time zones confuse the beejezus out of me ... so while it's tomorrow now here i don't think it's tomorrow yet there.

Edited by Pegasus (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, faatal said:

Definitely not. Born, raised and live in Indiana, USA.

Ok I thought americans said huh? canadians say eh? stereotype.

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, faatal said:

I guess that's where we got it from

Posted (edited)

unknown.png

From the steam discussion boards late last week, early this week, something or other in there.

1 minute ago, PurgatoryWolf said:

Which was a complete guess. ALL dates by us are guesses and to think otherwise is to invite disappointment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PurgatoryWolf said:

According to that post, the devs have had one cool idea per second for the last 137 years.

• Haha 1

I asked Lathan about the solar panel lag on servers and he said he couldn't re-create it. Didn't sound convincing that he tried but it is what it is I guess.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, faatal said:

Which was a complete guess. ALL dates by us are guesses and to think otherwise is to invite disappointment.

Shhh!  You're raining on my parade!  Let me have the hope!  

Until 11:59pm on the 15th I can still hope it's coming.

Someone should make a video and show it. Better yet, include it in a bug report. It's been reported before, but you know... lack of info.

7 minutes ago, PurgatoryWolf said:

And in the same response he also said this....

"Everything takes 2-3x longer than estimated..."

...so yah....but i hear ya....😅

2 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

I asked Lathan about the solar panel lag on servers and he said he couldn't re-create it. Didn't sound convincing that he tried but it is what it is I guess.

Do you have a repro? If so please submit a bug report as it will ensure it gets fixed faster.  If you don't want to, please keep the sparky comments to yourself lol...

31 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Ok I thought americans said huh? canadians say eh? stereotype.

We Americans are horrible trolls and copy whatever dialect we want, while also being so sarcastic and or ironic that even we are not sure if we are being serious or not most of the time... just as god intended. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Do you have a repro? If so please submit a bug report as it will ensure it gets fixed faster.  If you don't want to, please keep the sparky comments to yourself lol...

If I come across it again in my playing I definitely will as usual.....post a video, you already know my stance on bug reports. Not my job.

Still haven't fixed the one's I did from A16 so I beg to differ 😄👍

Edited by STyK_ (see edit history)
  • Poop 1

5 hours ago, hiemfire said:

I sure as heck can't jump a meter straight up while carrying 1 cubic meter frames made of wood or iron 2x2s or that much 1/2" rebar shaped into a box. Much less do so and stack them under me. Thankfully its a game and not irl. (Heck, my 300lb+ fat @%$*#! would probably shatter or bend the frames when I landed, not to mention what it'd do to my ankles) 🤣

What are you talking about?

It's part of Bavarian culture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

@faatal, when you were talking about playing I flashed way back to a vid MM posted where he was playing w pocketninja and he kept getting distracted by visual things. (I think he was actually taking notes)

So I pictured you playing after you'd merged some AI tweaks (no worries, you were fully clothed and the lights were on. ha!),

Faatal sees a zed headed his way, watches to see if said zed is zig-zagging or pathing straight.

Sees a car in the path, where going one was will be shorter, waits to see if zed takes best path.

Zed jumps over car & bonks Faatal on the nose. :biggrin1:

"oh yeah, forgot I added that"

Kidding, but I can imagine that it must be a bit difficult to not find yourself distracted, watching how the game is behaving, and that it might bite you in the butt from time to time. 🙂

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, STyK_ said:

you guy are going to get me in trouble, I didn't want to start another debate, it was an interesting fact that we share the same opinion.

It's not really surprising. Jonah and you are both hardcore players. So there is a high probability that you both have the same opinion in many things.

But it also means that you are not the kind of players this game is balanced for. Most of us have so many hours of play in this game that we are no longer the kind of players this game is balanced for and this includes me as well. We should always keep that in mind when making suggestions.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)