Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

The only comment I have on rage, is I would love it to be XML controlled.

Example... from a modding standpoing (but could be good for vanilla).

I have "weak" daytime zombies that I don't want to rage. So I would turn it off on them. Then the "vanilla" zombies I would give a low chance of rage, ferals a higher chance and the rads an even HIGHER chance.

The reason I mention that is because it could be good for vanilla too, so the "normal" zombies don't rage often, ferals do (and since there's no move speed cap, they could go super sonic), the rads are almost guaranteed and you guys could do interesting stuff with it on the legendary zombies as well. :)

One of my dogs passed away a few days ago.... :( <snip>

It sucks losing a dog that is part of the family. 2 months ago our family cat died that has been with the family for 15+ years, thankfully we have not lost a dog in many many years. You have my condolences Joel.

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's" -Mark Twain

As expected, a lot of .50 caliber rifles were mentioned but... they really only look cool in movies where you don't see the guy with the wheelbarrow carting all the ammo.

100 rounds of 7.62mm weigh around 2.5 kg.

100 rounds of .50 cal weigh around 12 kg.

While we don't actually model weight in the game it gets hard to maintain suspension of disbelief at this level of crazy. =)

If it must be a bigger round, the .338 Lapua has already been suggested. This round was developed specifically for roles like a military sniper and it's been around long enough to not be a highly exotic caliber.

There are plenty of "cool looking" rifles that use it, like the

Ruger Precision Rifle,

AXMC,

Noreen Firearms Bad News.

How is your disbelief suspended when you pickup your jeep to swim it across the river? ...asking for a friend :p

And on another note... I am somewhat stumped that the obvious weapon mod or perk bonus for the double barreled shotgun is not made yet ... fire both barrels at once! (I am sorry if it actually exists but I couldn't find one in 18.3 atleast) :p

Would also be nice to see a selector for different fire modes for weapons that support it or is able to be modded into it. Could work nice if added to the radial menu. Fire modes in an arc in the bottom and ammunition selection in an arc on top for instance.

How is your disbelief suspended when you pickup your jeep to swim it across the river? ...asking for a friend :p

And on another note... I am somewhat stumped that the obvious weapon mod or perk bonus for the double barreled shotgun is not made yet ... fire both barrels at once! (I am sorry if it actually exists but I couldn't find one in 18.3 atleast) :p

Would also be nice to see a selector for different fire modes for weapons that support it or is able to be modded into it. Could work nice if added to the radial menu. Fire modes in an arc in the bottom and ammunition selection in an arc on top for instance.

that's nice I see what you mean ands it balanced so you could fire both shots and risk missing as a consequence but then you can hit your target for high damage that would be nice in-game good suggestion

The only comment I have on rage, is I would love it to be XML controlled.

Perhaps it can be?

There are a couple properties in entityclasses.xml that you might be able to tweak to get rid of rage settings: "MoveSpeedAggro" and "MoveSpeedPanic". I think the first controls the speed range between day and night, so might not be what you want. But I don't know what "panic" means in terms of zombie psychology, so maybe that's rage speed?

I'm just guessing, but if you really want, you could try messing around with those settings to see what happens. (I'm not going to do it because I have no interest in removing zombie rage. :smile-new: )

I am somewhat stumped that the obvious weapon mod or perk bonus for the double barreled shotgun is not made yet ... fire both barrels at once! (I am sorry if it actually exists but I couldn't find one in 18.3 at least) .

have you ever pulled both triggers on a double barrel shotty? it hurts. i did it it once with one in each hand. ie 4 bangs in one action. never again. ouch.

got 7 birds though so it was super funny

so there is a concept for the devs. big bang and all that but you loose hp as a result... not so great when your back is against the wall.

by the way, if someone says to lean back against a tree and pull the trigger on an 8 gauge tell them to fark ov. they got serious kick. it really hurts.

really really hurts

Well the double barrel shotgun fires so fast you can actually release both shots at once by clicking really fast. This however is the same hack I used when I added a double barrel shotgun. Actual firing of two barrels at once would be nice, as well as the model not being sawed off and being able to add the sawed off mod to it.

have you ever pulled both triggers on a double barrel shotty? it hurts. i did it it once with one in each hand. ie 4 bangs in one action. never again. ouch.

got 7 birds though so it was super funny

so there is a concept for the devs. big bang and all that but you loose hp as a result... not so great when your back is against the wall.

by the way, if someone says to lean back against a tree and pull the trigger on an 8 gauge tell them to fark ov. they got serious kick. it really hurts.

really really hurts

I do own a similar shotgun to the one they have modeled as the double shotty but I cannot say that I have, nor want to, pull both triggers at the same time. Nor do I see what relevance it would make if I have tried it or not, or even how much it hurts as I am not a digital protagonist in a computer game. My point is that with the model they have this is, and imho, should be a possibility as the real weapon actually allows that to happen. Preferably through a perk or skill book as the weapon really doesn't need a mod for that to be possible.

It would be a really powerful attack, but at the cost of spending all ammunition at once. Could play a short screen effect as a result of the character being "staggered" by the kickback and as thus leave a slight increase in reload time and/or take away some stamina but it shouldn't penalize more than that I think or it would become too much.

And I agree with Haidrgna that a long barreled model with the possibility of adding the sawed off mod to create the current model would be very nice.

I do own a similar shotgun to the one they have modeled as the double shotty but I cannot say that I have, nor want to, pull both triggers at the same time. Nor do I see what relevance it would make if I have tried it or not, or even how much it hurts as I am not a digital protagonist in a computer game. My point is that with the model they have this is, and imho, should be a possibility as the real weapon actually allows that to happen. Preferably through a perk or skill book as the weapon really doesn't need a mod for that to be possible.

It would be a really powerful attack, but at the cost of spending all ammunition at once. Could play a short screen effect as a result of the character being "staggered" by the kickback and as thus leave a slight increase in reload time and/or take away some stamina but it shouldn't penalize more than that I think or it would become too much.

And I agree with Haidrgna that a long barreled model with the possibility of adding the sawed off mod to create the current model would be very nice.

I hope it won't be too OP though so we won't feel forced to use it exclusively because of how strong it'll be.

If you don't like that stuff, then you are really not going to like the running, dodging, leaping, hiding, healing bandit AI (but difficulty will modify that behavior).

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or it just went under the radar, but as someone who's been looking forward to the bandits for a long time this pleases me greatly.

Any rough idea on how much priority does this have on the overall roadmap, or how soon'ish can we expect some teasers?

I hope it won't be too OP though so we won't feel forced to use it exclusively because of how strong it'll be.

The downside is it is a two shot so it is not viable as a weapon for when you’re overrun even if a it takes out a zombie in one shot as it will reload too slow. I see it as a burst solution where you burn it then swap to another weapon. Would also be nice with breach slugs for instance.

Hey was just sitting here waiting for a server i play on to finish up the horde night, since i just recently joined and not ready for any type of fighting, and thought an option to opt out of horde night on multiplayer servers might be an decent idea. I like playing multiplayer, but since days keep rolling when I'm not playing, I'm usually logging out at horde night because I'm not ready. And if i try to stay in and mine or something, I'm just sucking zombie counts off others who were ready for the fight.

Like maybe you get (2) get out of horde nights available too you per server, and can continue your build, mining, etc. and not have to log just to wait to get back in.

Forgive if this has been suggested already and shot down, thanks.

_7_

Perhaps it can be?

There are a couple properties in entityclasses.xml that you might be able to tweak to get rid of rage settings: "MoveSpeedAggro" and "MoveSpeedPanic". I think the first controls the speed range between day and night, so might not be what you want. But I don't know what "panic" means in terms of zombie psychology, so maybe that's rage speed?

I'm just guessing, but if you really want, you could try messing around with those settings to see what happens. (I'm not going to do it because I have no interest in removing zombie rage. :smile-new: )

I don't think panic is even used. Old value.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or it just went under the radar, but as someone who's been looking forward to the bandits for a long time this pleases me greatly.

Any rough idea on how much priority does this have on the overall roadmap, or how soon'ish can we expect some teasers?

Don't know. Probably sometime in 2020 is about as accurate as I can get.

Think it was mentioned the blunderbuss will make an exit and maybe replaced with a grenade launcher.

Maybe it could be a 9mm Flobert smooth bore shotgun instead.

Could be a good tier 1 weapon and use 9mm rimfire.

Grenade launcher sounds cool but not really a tier 1 gun.

Think it was mentioned the blunderbuss will make an exit and maybe replaced with a grenade launcher.

Maybe it could be a 9mm Flobert smooth bore shotgun instead.

Could be a good tier 1 weapon and use 9mm rimfire.

Grenade launcher sounds cool but not really a tier 1 gun.

ik i think it may be classed as "explosive" class like the RPG

We know quest's and objectives will make the game more enjoyable and the introduction of bandit's will also help from game fatiuge.

But as the story is unknown as yet (for good reason as the game could fizzle for some players if its known too early).

Maybe it would be cool if they plotted 3 of the transmisson tower poi's around the map and you have to keep them running.

They could need all sorts of parts that already exist and you would need to fuel the generators.

In return you get a zombie apocolypse radiostation with adverts and all kinds of information.

Not expecting ciphers or morsecode coordinates to loot stashes but maybe tier 3-4 quest building locations or increased/improved airdrops.

Maybe traders wont open there doors and/or give there location until the station is setup.

Its something that could start off small and then be developed.

What do you think ?

Would a wacky radio station be out of place and not fit with the dynamic music or could it make it more entertaining.

Perhaps it can be?

It doesn't, unfortunately. It's all DLL controlled.

It was the first thing I looked into before harmony patching it. ;)

Joel, when will you remove the ability of the zombies to respond to the sight? This is a zombie, he does not understand that a weapon is pointed at him. He is only interested in the flesh of the survivor. You worry about not having moments in the game that annoy the players.

But this situation, when the zombie leaves the line of the shot, is very annoying !!!

Sometimes it even happens that zombies just teleport to the side to avoid damage ... I'm not talking about vultures who, moving away from a shot, sharply change the direction of flight, sometimes even fly their tail forward)))

I really would love to see seasons in the game. Like in a 40 day rhythm with ten days per season, so you have to prepare for them, adapt with new clothes etc. Maybe with smooth transitions so there will be higher and higher probability for e.g. snowfall until it maxes out and then degrades again. If it can be done: maybe snow can cumulate so you can get snowed in. Would be awesome.

Seasons in the game sounds good. Adds more to it the game. I think most people would just move to there winter homes when it get's cold though. :)

But it would be a bit different to exploring though. I mean wait till winter to go through the desert.

The snow biome could turn into the plains biome during the warmer days.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived