Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

So... I know we're at a staggering 500 POIs that will be spawned in RWG. In A18, there were only 3 POIs that spawned for T5 quests. Were the other POIs that existed all added to RWG? I believe there were 2 towers and a hospital? Were any others added? This is actually one of the big questions for my group. We're really hoping for some more variety in the T5 quest POIs. :)

23 minutes ago, Darinth said:

So... I know we're at a staggering 500 POIs that will be spawned in RWG. In A18, there were only 3 POIs that spawned for T5 quests. Were the other POIs that existed all added to RWG? I believe there were 2 towers and a hospital? Were any others added? This is actually one of the big questions for my group. We're really hoping for some more variety in the T5 quest POIs. :)

in all of my random worlds, i have never gotten the crack a book hq, dishong tower, higashi pharmacutical, the hospital spawns more often and i always get the factories, honestly i would not mind actually more tier 5 pois to be made and added, sure they are long but fun and very resource heavy, i hope to find a seed that spawns all the tier 5 without being navezgane

6 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

in all of my random worlds, i have never gotten the crack a book hq, dishong tower, higashi pharmacutical, the hospital spawns more often and i always get the factories, honestly i would not mind actually more tier 5 pois to be made and added, sure they are long but fun and very resource heavy, i hope to find a seed that spawns all the tier 5 without being navezgane

That's what I'm really hoping for. I want some of these. The 6 floor apartment, shotgun messiah factory, and shamway factory are cool... but a bit more variety would be appreciated. I was hoping that the hospital, dishong, or higashi were added to RWG. I wasn't aware of the existence of crack a book hq.

5 minutes ago, Darinth said:

That's what I'm really hoping for. I want some of these. The 6 floor apartment, shotgun messiah factory, and shamway factory are cool... but a bit more variety would be appreciated. I was hoping that the hospital, dishong, or higashi were added to RWG. I wasn't aware of the existence of crack a book hq.

They do exist in RWG, they're just incredibly rare.

5 hours ago, pregnable said:

Is there a reason some of the blocks you can make from wood frames can not be upgraded?

Not that it really matters, but I am using that one corner piece as a small ramp, because it works well with my base exit when the base is only 4 high, so I do not have to crouch going inside. 

I do not really need to upgrade it, but I can see it bothering some of the people I play with and their OCD, lol. 

To alleviate the OCD part, you could just paint them over. ;-)

25 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

To alleviate the OCD part, you could just paint them over. 😉

Good call, I totally forgot that was a thing, lel. 

Although that one pole with the square on top would be nice to upgrade, because then dogs and zombies would not glitch through the pillars if I stack them. 

39 minutes ago, noob_Lurker said:

To alleviate the OCD part, you could just paint them over. 😉

When it comes to building, my OCD is so bad that I'm bothered by knowing its a painted block instead of what I wanted it to be.  :)

8 hours ago, pregnable said:

Yeah, it just got to where I can kinda use melee in multiplayer now. 

If the range gets much shorter, and if the zombies range is not decreased a lot, I would have to go back to only using ranged in multiplayer. 

A while back there was just no way to melee without getting hit a lot in my multiplayer games, which is why I started liking the blunderbuss. 

The main point would be to decrease the zombies hit range a good amount. Decreasing the player's range say 10% or 20% is not going to gimp you if the zombie's was 25% less. There are incremental changes to reach a balance.

14 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Any hints on what we can expect in the .1 and .2 patches for A19?    Only reason I ask is that I still may hold off on starting a game for a bit if the .2 patch as a semi big feature like the junk drone or a big balance change.    I am in no rush, I don't care... I just would rather start a real game when the big things are more set in stone.  Like if the .X patches will just be various small bug fixes and optimizations (which im fine with) I'll start a new game up today.  

Sooner than later???

Today I fixed the bug I hated most in the game! I like 2m high "jump" ladders and this would get me quite often.

Fixed player jumping to a ladder block after having used a ladder would not attach unless jump was still pressed after entering the ladder block (and then have to release jump before you fell out of block).

These are nice too:

Fixed player or AI moving down from air to a ladder would fall 1m.
Fixed player moving down to ground while in a ladder block would keep you attached (slow).
Added player side stepping while on ladders.
Increased player horizontal move speed on ladders and running boosts.

The new melee range feels a lot better than previously while crits make the game significantly harder. Really great work.

Seeing a visual bug where sometimes blocks don't change visually when upgraded and sometimes bushes don't disappear when picked, ect. Not sure if I can send logs or something

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

I wish there was a perk that allowed you to dual wield sledgehammers, but alas, these are both pipe dreams.

lol duel wielding pistols and knives is not too much of a pipe dream, and trading damage for speed on the sledge isn't too bad of an idea in terms of is it what someone wants, but duel wielding sledge hammers, sounds hulky lol

2 minutes ago, Tmodloader said:

You mean like, using a club?

kinda, but using the sledge, its attack is so slow, yet so powerful, i would be totally cool with a perk to allow a trade off, id even take it as a perk where you need like level 8 strength just to pull off

2 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

kinda, but using the sledge, its attack is so slow, yet so powerful, i would be totally cool with a perk to allow a trade off, id even take it as a perk where you need like level 8 strength just to pull off

I'm just wondering like, what's different between that and a club besides what I'd imagine is a little more range?

4 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

lol duel wielding pistols and knives is not too much of a pipe dream, and trading damage for speed on the sledge isn't too bad of an idea in terms of is it what someone wants, but duel wielding sledge hammers, sounds hulky lol

Come on? ;) Don't tell me you've never wanted to smash a zombie's skull in between two giant steel sledgehammers? ;)

2 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Come on? ;) Don't tell me you've never wanted to smash a zombie's skull in between two giant steel sledgehammers? ;)

Oh I have, i think anyone has, and that makes it a beautiful dream to be sure.

I want a pipe rocket launcher - A Potato Gun - That would be fun for so many hours in game once you get a potato farm going

19 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

Oh I have, i think anyone has, and that makes it a beautiful dream to be sure.

I want a pipe rocket launcher - A Potato Gun - That would be fun for so many hours in game once you get a potato farm going

For myself I either want a marshmallow gun or a paint gun. 😛

5 hours ago, Darinth said:

I tried out about 8 maps for A19 so far, NEVER had that Higashi Tower spawned.

Either the chances are reaaaally low, or its bugged.

I mean they said all would be spawned before the first prefab gets a second placement if i understood correctly but i saw plently of smaller prefabs spawned allready multiple times (still a lot of improvement, ca 1 per town, never duplicate in the same city)

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

I wish there was a perk that allowed you to dual wield sledgehammers, but alas, these are both pipe dreams.

A Perk or a Candy that lets you go berserk for 10 minutes ! Sign me up !

5 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

I tried out about 8 maps for A19 so far, NEVER had that Higashi Tower spawned.

Either the chances are reaaaally low, or its bugged.

I mean they said all would be spawned before the first prefab gets a second placement if i understood correctly but i saw plently of smaller prefabs spawned allready multiple times (still a lot of improvement, ca 1 per town, never duplicate in the same city)

I'm going for bugged now, back in i believe a17 i did have it spawn in an RNG world, only time i got to see it, same with dishong tower, i so want them to appear again in a world someday

1 minute ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I'm going for bugged now, back in i believe a17 i did have it spawn in an RNG world, only time i got to see it, same with dishong tower, i so want them to appear again in a world someday

Gotta admit im kinda obsessed with it.
I think in A16 it was introduced and boy did i have some fun there exploring and raiding it with my former girl friend. Long nights where spent there. Good times :D

Archived