Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I know right.... but did ya notice some things in the back ground in the video? ;)

Nah mate not enough time left in the video to look at the game. Still trying to figure out how someome can have so many icons on his or her taskbar..

I had to keep the control overlay active just to partially cover it. I counted 9 new decor items! Already started putting together some recipes for them to bridge the gap until we get collectible decorations. My base is going to start looking better than my house.

Honestly, let the people who think INT build stink have their opinion. Personally it means I get to stand out my own way during gameplay. Int isn't meant to an in your face playstyle, it isn't run and gun, and it isn't snipe from afar. What does do is... not gunna say because maybe people just ain't INTELLIGENT enough to use it :fat:

Madmole had said there was hope to release it for streamers and a few select others around the 20th. Even if they open up the expermental branch then, it will be probably another 2 weeks before it is publicly released. The folks here seem to be very good at finding game-breaking bugs.....

well hey as long as they don't have to do a server restart a few months after it comes out, like in 17, i'm fine with them finding bugs, i have some giant build plans for 18, the biggest yet!

Honestly, I don't think a pure Int build - where you only use Int-based weapons - is viable.

This would block you from using fists (brawling perk, not under Int), a wooden club, bow, stone axe, any shovel, pick, or axe, etc...

Who would want to play like that?

Roland, with his minimalist UI mod.

As far as all the changes I'm aware of that A18 will bring, there is only one that really gives me pause for concern.

Farming? Nope. As long as I can still make my garden flush with the ground I don't care about the process involved to grow crops.

Random outdoor zed numbers? I was concerned at first until MM explained it. As long as I still have a few now and then follow me in to a POI I'm good with it. I won't know for sure until I've played it awhile though.

INT build? Won't know until I play an INT build.

Now for the thing that concerns me the most that nobody has mentioned yet... and it will negatively affect us higher hour veterans more than noobs irregardless of preferances or playstyles. The new item icons. I like them from what I've seen so far, and they look good... but they are going to seriously screw with my visual muscle memory for quite awhile. I know they're going to be the death of me more than once as I open a cabinet and have to think, "what is that?" with a Big Momma only a few seconds away from being able to hit me.

Of course this concern is tongue-in-cheek... but, I just thought I'd bring up the thing that I think will be the hardest for me to adjust to.

@MM Just spit-balling here on the spear. What if the thrown spear gets spear marker like the vehicle marker? If you throw 2 spears then only the most recent one shows. This way you’re using an already existing mechanic and we don’t get the cheesy glow mechanic. In reality, for myself, I don’t want a marker but if tfp is determined to have a marker, then I think the vehicle marker system is the cleanest. Even further, make the marker(whichever system you choose) an xml edit like the airdrops.

@MM Just spit-balling here on the spear. What if the thrown spear gets spear marker like the vehicle marker? If you throw 2 spears then only the most recent one shows. This way you’re using an already existing mechanic and we don’t get the cheesy glow mechanic. In reality, for myself, I don’t want a marker but if tfp is determined to have a marker, then I think the vehicle marker system is the cleanest. Even further, make the marker(whichever system you choose) an xml edit like the airdrops.

The issue isn't that he doesn't know where on the map it is. The issue is he can't see it when he knows where it is. Imo the glow isn't any more cheesy than the durability marker, hit marker, animal tracks, or "press E to _____" prompt.

Archived