Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Night time is low risk, zombies can't see for crap in the dark. I harvest cars all night if I'm not mining.

I've always thought it would be cool if there are certain vendors that only open after dark. Maybe it would be like a motorcycle shop and you it was the only place that you could buy parts for motorized vehicles. Of course you could still loot them too. Another cool thought might be special items at regular vendors that only appear after dark. Just some random ideas.

Keep up the good work I can hardly wait until A18 drops.

Just a thought, but the spear as a polearm was incredible for it's simplicity at making melee attacks from a safe reach.

Wouldn't it make more sense of left click made a standing thrust, and right click would be a power throw? It would drastically reduce the chances of losing the thing and it would be a unique weapon that does both melee and short range depending on use.

Madmole. if you have found a stun baton, would you be willing to do a little vid with it clearing a poi or a wandering horde? would love to see it in action. I keep seeing the crown affect from the stun batons in the movie Demolition man in my head.

I'm not perked into it at all and I'm like level 25 so that might be a little dumb. I'm getting my perception jacked up first then I'll mess with it. I have a q4 one in a chest already. Turrets are broken now too so I'm not pushing points into broken gear.

I'm not perked into it at all and I'm like level 25 so that might be a little dumb. I'm getting my perception jacked up first then I'll mess with it. I have a q4 one in a chest already. Turrets are broken now too so I'm not pushing points into broken gear.

I think the video is more to show the stun baton in action. Not so much that you change your current play style.

Since there's still a couple weeks before Alpha 18 hits the streets, will we be shown a few more book videos or will the rest be left for the players to discover on their own? I'm particularly curious what the Urban Combat series is about.

Maybe, I'll look through them and see what stands out.

I think the video is more to show the stun baton in action. Not so much that you change your current play style.

I'm just saying it might not be a good idea carrying around a tinker toy when you have leveled up zeds to deal with. As I said, specialization is very important or you'll be on the wrong end of the shovel.

Hi. I'm here to ♥♥♥♥ up this thread. :)

...mm, whatchu playing lately besides 7days...

I've been having lots of fun lording over my thriving colony(Dearthstar) in Oxygen not Included since it went g-spot.

But mostly I've been playing a lot of... 7DtD. -_- Learning how to make some prefabs, learning more in xml and working on a compact(fits inside 1 LCB including tough walls) industrial concept endgame base I'd like to build in survival sometime.

Left is the cement factory, right water treatment

https://imgur.com/a/b9ndGnq

Working on oil refinery currently- here's the diagram I made in game to help

https://imgur.com/a/2YuU9rg

Or I've just been making silly and fun stuff to go in the "research lab" like this guy.

https://imgur.com/a/bgiMzM2

I'm ready for the Kraken release!

Just bought surviv3, a vr version of 7days... Hoping to finish work this week so I can check it out. :)

You do any vr?

Na, I can barely stand headphone for a few minutes without my ears hot flashing for 2 hours, no way can I do a big headset. I mean, I tried Skyrim VR and it was neat, but at the same time low res graphics, vanilla, etc so it wasn't anything more than a novelty. I can't see it every being mainstream until they lose controllers and get movement figured out, dizziness, etc. Its probably 10-20 years out from being awesome, right now its asteroids. Augmented reality though seems like it could be pretty cool and interesting a lot sooner.

Archived