Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Has the door collider been looked at, or was/is it one of the MF bugs?

I found it annoying/disappointing that in MMs hordenight vids, zombies glitched through the vault door every once a while, because there were so much of them outside, squeezing each other to the door.

By the way, it think it would be cool if lower tier doors (wood/scrap metal) had a chance to completely break off the hinges when a certain amount of zombies push against it (or single fat zombies like big mama or cop).

That would add some scary moments, when the door is blown through the room instead of slowly geeting damaged.

It could even be used by the player (maybe as perk/book) that you're able to enter a shed by running/crashing right through the closed front door...and then jump-escaping through the next window again because the shed is full of radiated sleepers :-)

There are people that are happy to help to fix the game they love, 7 days to die has the most active community than any other indie game out there, so why not let the people help? If you don't want to play with bugs so play the 17.4 public and wait. You are not Forced to play experimental.

I kinda miss the point where you are actually answering to my points. All I see is a strawman argument, since I never said I would feel forced to play experimental and I never said people wouldn't want to help. My most important point is that the to do list (filled with MF bugs) is already filled to the brim, so even if we make bug reports, TFP wouldn't even have the time to go after them yet. So why not let them clear their MF bug list first and release the experimental afterwards? Also with less gamebreaking bugs it would be even easier for us to find new bugs and make reports.

I'm as eager to play A18 as everyone else and I wouldn't mind (gamebreaking) bugs, but it makes sense to take the most efficient path.

Hahah, yep, and wife would flip out to find our girl(yep, confirmed yesterday finally) playing 7d, but it would be sooo worthy to see her reaction. :-D

grats on girl... we had an early in-site as well on my first one and i won on a $10 bet with mother-in-law and her womans Intuition... :)

I wish there's a forum achievement for keeping up with this thread over phone, heh.. :-)

So, seems like A18 will release either around my birthday, or around when my wife's delivery date. xD I envy youuuu guys so much as I doubt I'll join for some time after we bring baby home, so please don't break it. :-D

Anyway, @madmole , what is your suggestion for 1st A18 playthrough? Any tips, favorite builds etc? :-)

Good luck and stay strong. I'm barely getting time back to play again and my 3 kids are 3, 3 and almost 2 lol ..

grats on girl... we had an early in-site as well on my first one and i won on a $10 bet with mother-in-law and her womans Intuition... :)

Nice :-D I have yet to tell my mother-in-law that it won't be a boy she was cheering for, for months, but instead a girl who me and my wife can't wait to meet finally. ^^ But hey, first child, she may be right in the future, and I need to remember to place a bet with her. :-D

Congratz!

And I shall now predict your wife's reaction to your future daughter playing 7D2D...

"This is outrageous! How is this possible?!"

:p

Yeaaa, she played 7dtd, but really can't stand zombie sounds, so imagining her face where me and daughter are playing it = priceless, it put a biiig smile on my face now. :-D :-D

I kinda miss the point where you are actually answering to my points. All I see is a strawman argument, since I never said I would feel forced to play experimental and I never said people wouldn't want to help. My most important point is that the to do list (filled with MF bugs) is already filled to the brim, so even if we make bug reports, TFP wouldn't even have the time to go after them yet. So why not let them clear their MF bug list first and release the experimental afterwards? Also with less gamebreaking bugs it would be even easier for us to find new bugs and make reports.

I'm as eager to play A18 as everyone else and I wouldn't mind (gamebreaking) bugs, but it makes sense to take the most efficient path.

I think that bugs are ordered by priority so what you are saying have no sense. Maybe there are MF bugs that are hidden yet because no one find them.

So. Do you prefer Arlene or Darlene for a name? Is your wife still open to suggestions?

Well, I would pick Jen, but that deep voice reference that scared my wife few times would be an end of me. :-D

And some distant relative of my wife is called Arlene, and I can't tell if TFP took her as a model reference. xD Although her voice is annoyingly high pitched one..

Well, I would pick Jen, but that deep voice reference that scared my wife few times would be an end of me. :-D

And some distant relative of my wife is called Arlene, and I can't tell if TFP took her as a model reference. xD Although her voice is annoyingly high pitched one..

Just don`t name her Screamer :) It will attract stuff.

I don't think your wife needs to know the source of the name any earlier than your daughter. Until then Jen will be already sanitized (sadly but inevitably) to a female voice.

Jen is rather conventional though in comparison to the man-eating furies Arlene and Darlene.

Archived