Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

We have that brief iteration where snow was north and desert was south... It was good.

I liked it too. It made the most sense to me. I think all it needed was random rotation, so that snow wasn't always North and desert always South. This way you had to explore in some direction at least. Other variants like desert at the borders, snow in the center, with forest in between (or vice versa with snow at the borders, desert in the middle) would be fine too.

Yeah we're going to revisit that, we need just a big ol red X with no text so I can mark pois I've cleared.

I'd like this too. Maybe someday a way to hide icons on the compass but keep them on the map? The compass can get pretty cluttered, especially if you're trying to mark up a city. It would be nice to be able to keep my compass clear except for my bedroll, my vehicle, and whichever POIs I want to visit that day. Little things to help us wanderers focus. :smile-new:

I'd like this too. Maybe someday a way to hide icons on the compass but keep them on the map? The compass can get pretty cluttered, especially if you're trying to mark up a city. It would be nice to be able to keep my compass clear except for my bedroll, my vehicle, and whichever POIs I want to visit that day. Little things to help us wanderers focus. :smile-new:

Yes that would be a great addition to the game. I am one that marks everything. Eventually I have like 40-60 places marked and once you get high up in numbers, it can be hard to tell whats what and whats where in the compass.

Well the first version of RWG for A17 actually put snow biomes in the north and desert in the south. I was so happy, then they changed it, and so I avoided RWG after that. Could at least make it a generation option or something, patchwork biomes are dumb, and with the temp being so broken it was extra ridiculous.

I agree, but still think they were onto something with the biomes in bands.

I had posted this as a dream biome scene once before:

attachment.php?attachmentid=28496&d=1558753585

I liked it too. It made the most sense to me. I think all it needed was random rotation, so that snow wasn't always North and desert always South. This way you had to explore in some direction at least. Other variants like desert at the borders, snow in the center, with forest in between (or vice versa with snow at the borders, desert in the middle) would be fine too.

Remember that iteration where it was elevation based? Ah, the days... :)

Yeah the immediate change in temp when entering another biom is a bit ridiculous. Its no game breaker but is an annoyance.

I'm guessing here but I imagine a simple timer would fix that issue. Instead of an instant change in temp there should be a gradual change over a couple of minutes.

Temperature change is already a gradual process for your character, it just ticks up/down too quickly right now, I'd say.

Cold north and hot south? That only makes sense to (a geographical) half of the world. It would be nice to have a general idea of where they are, but it's also sort of fun exploring to find them. Or not, I can't decide. Trying to remember if it was more annoying or enjoying exploring and trying desperately to find a bit of aloe to get my medicine up and running in some of my playthroughs. I do agree that it's better when neighboring biomes make sense.

Agreed, we're talking about making a small 19 possibly before Christmas and push some big stuff to 20 or 21 for that very reason.

That would be a good move! Jeez...

- - - Updated - - -

Turds confirmed for A18!

A19 release confirmed for December 2020!

/s

:drum:

Love it

Hello. Just a few things.

Im super excited about Alpha 18 and the future updates. I really like the new ore textures a lot. Mining has always been a really painful activity in 7dtd for me. Finding proper resources and digging them in abundant amounts used to be painful. I have probably spent 1/3 of the game just mining hell out of the ground while my mate was wasting my resources xD. At least 2 ways of obtaining minerals/accomplishing things would be a great addition to a game. Not just by digging, but like finding scarce deposits at certain buildings in boxes or as a reward option after completing a mission.

I wont be hiding that Im a huge FPS fan. Is it possible to disable current crosshair, it feels bugged for me at this stage and kinda ruins immersion. Configuring style, size or colour would be a great addition, or making it non-dynamic while shooting from rifles thats a great deal too. Please, think about sorting this out in in the future updates.

I really the concept of mods both for weapons and clothing which exceeded my expectations and draws me into the game for hours. Have you guys thought about laser pointers (red, green) that could be switched on and off same as flashlights and attached to weapons, crossbow and stationary turrets as well. So yeah, I wouldnt have to use crosshair and that would look more esthetic and add more immersion for some people like me. Blinding other players might be annoying if done the wrong way - twilight guns lmao.

Im really excited about double barrel shotgun and M60. Adding fire modes like single or auto fire to AK and SMG rifle would be great - I dont know if that feature already is implemented. My dream rifle of choice would be single fire, burst (3-bullet mode) M16A2 or 4 version of the carabine or something similar for this idea. Powerful SCAR-H like assault rifle would be a cool addition - could be some sort of ultimate tier assault rifle. Mods like 20, 30, 40 and 50 mag size would be cool for shooter fans. For me that would be enough rifles because oversaturating 7dtd with automatic weapons cant be a good idea in my humble opinion.

Lets presume that M16 is very accurate while in burst mode and does 100% of damage. AK stays less accurate and does 1.5x of M16s damage. M60 and SCAR H top tier weapons that would do 2x as much damage as M16. Its just the idea and nobody has too agree on what Im dreaming of.

Since there grenades are being introduced so how about incidienary grenade that may be a great addition too Molotov coctail, how about impact grenade that explodes right away after a contact with the object? How about making a simple trap just by placing a glass bottle with explosive and a wire attached to it. Claymores would be probably and overkill seeing them in the game. But we have C4 already!

How about better tier bandages and med packs that would have limited time effects after use - decreased chance of bleeding. Healing nearby players somehow would be a great addition, or even reviving them in certain circumstances, so You could keep going instead of being punished always after death.

I love farming perks. How about some more like timed bonuses to cold heat resistance after nutritioning yourself properly - I know its around but could be more creative, so the farming/cooking could be even more important. MRE, nutricious ready to eat meals found in military camps, so much of immersion. Some advanced stoves included except for fire camps. So much potential and possibilities.

Thank You. Keep up the good work pimps!

Madmole, I found a bunch of typos. Wrench perk (salvage operations), apparently in all 5 ranks? couldn't check but 2 from the video.

It says: "Wrenches harvests x% and gets x% resources"

Correct form:

Junk collector: "Harvest" 20% faster and "gain" 20% more resources instead of "Harvests" and "gains"

Scavenger:It should be Wrenches "harvest" 40% more resources and "gain" 40% more resources instead of "harvests" and "gains"

Salvager: It should be Wrenches "harvest" 60% more resources and "gain" 60% more resources instead of "harvests" and "gains"

Parts collector: It should be Wrenches "harvest" 80% more resources and "gain" 80% more resources instead of "harvests" and "gains"

Master scavenger: It should be Wrenches "harvest" 100% more resources and "gain" 100% more resources instead of "harvests" and "gains"

I understand it might've been a copy paste situation, so all ranks of Salvage Operations are affected. I hope that helps! cheers!

I fixed that up, thank you.

To be clear, you're actually a lot closer to my vision than you used to be.

I was for crafting level 1-3 (hand made), skipping 4, and only *rarely* finding 5-6 (factory made).

...couple this with degradation, and books to learn how to fix (while dropping a level, so a 6 to a 5, a 5 to a 4), and you got it.

You cannot craft q6, only up to Q5, Q6 is loot only.

Archived