Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Yeah I don't think so. One bug and there will be crying and lamenting. We get one chance to release this and make some noise, it needs to be good noise.

Hey, take all the time you need, I'm super anxious to play, but I know the more I wait, the better product you gonna hand us. I wish all the success in the world to you, the team, the company and the game. :couch2:

I'm not sure where you're getting this notion of the new audience being intolerant of bugs. Do you mind explaining your reasoning?

You are gutsy poking the bear, this close to stomping the last few remaining bugs...this close to release. I'll be stepping back out of range of the new electric wire/nail mod for the club with 180 damage...Confirmed in A18! (after the bugs are fixed of course).

I'm not sure where you're getting this notion of the new audience being intolerant of bugs. Do you mind explaining your reasoning?

ikr, it is weird the way they separate "experimental" from "stable" releases, treating the former more as the latter. I get wanting streamers to have a bug free show, fine, so why bother with experimental phase and title in the first place? Save that higher MF threshhold for stable release, like pretty much every other game I've played in experimental mode.

I mean, you do you, just think it is weird, and fuels too much disappointment and frustration from more players than not.

I'm just growing tired of spending all my time in the forums, even though I enjoy it, it can certainly drag on too long. I guess the WotW mod finally came out, maybe I'll go play that until release, as interesting as all this has been, and continues to be, my patience is wearing thin, especially since I won't have much free time once they finally do release experimental.

Reality is driving me nuts at the moment, I need an escape, now, not later. So I'm aware of my own bias on this, just admittedly wearing thin on patience, and sure that's on me. Ok.

"no, I will have to dye my cloths now? How bad to worst this game is gonna go from now on, disaster ! Bad Pimps, bad. "

This is why 7DTD is going down the crapper. TFP refuse to stop dumbing it down and taking out critical features that 100% of the players enjoy. I mean, there could have been such a deep, meaningful choice between wearing a black duster and a duster painted black. It was rewarding pressing "w" to wear the duster after finding it in the trash can, not to mention the insane range of two colors of duster that you could find. This variety gave an intense yet fun link between looting and the clothing system, and now it's gone. The game's over, it's ruined. God, first the hoe, and now the duster? What is with this dedication to making the game lack so much complexity that it's brain dead easy? What are TFP gonna do next? Make us spawn with guns because we can't have noobies dying?

Not just new but even old players will complain. Anyhow we're trying to have a soft landing, not a rough one like 17. That might take a ton of time more than what people are accustomed to, and what we're able to accurately predict.

The less we launch with the faster we can address the things you guys find and get on with the next alpha, if we release something that takes 6 months to get right, well thats not good for anyone.

This is why 7DTD is going down the crapper. TFP refuse to stop dumbing it down and taking out critical features that 100% of the players enjoy. I mean, there could have been such a deep, meaningful choice between wearing a black duster and a duster painted black. It was rewarding pressing "w" to wear the duster after finding it in the trash can, not to mention the insane range of two colors of duster that you could find. This variety gave an intense yet fun link between looting and the clothing system, and now it's gone. The game's over, it's ruined. God, first the hoe, and now the duster? What is with this dedication to making the game lack so much complexity that it's brain dead easy? What are TFP gonna do next? Make us spawn with guns because we can't have noobies dying?

Don't poke the bear.

-A

Way to dumb down the game!

#screwthekraken

:)

Yes we removed a unique item, and streamlined. God forbid you drag dye into a cosmetic slot, you should have a complete new mini game to prepare the dye in a bucket slot in your campfire, and collect various colored herbs to mix the dyes, then stir them with a the back end of a hoe or sharp stick. Then put the item in and hang it to dry for 12 hours.

Yes we removed a unique item, and streamlined. God forbid you drag dye into a cosmetic slot, you should have a complete new mini game to prepare the dye in a bucket slot in your campfire, and collect various colored herbs to mix the dyes, then stir them with a the back end of a hoe or sharp stick. Then put the item in and hang it to dry for 12 hours.

Now we're talking! Hoes with painted sharp sticks in A18 confirmed!

God forbid you drag dye into a cosmetic slot, you should have a complete new mini game to prepare the dye in a bucket slot in your campfire, and collect various colored herbs to mix the dyes, then stir them with a the back end of a hoe or sharp stick. Then put the item in and hang it to dry for 12 hours.

good idea actually *starts modding*

So like, u knew i was joking right? Lol..

ikr, it is weird the way they separate "experimental" from "stable" releases, treating the former more as the latter. I get wanting streamers to have a bug free show, fine, so why bother with experimental phase and title in the first place? Save that higher MF threshhold for stable release, like pretty much every other game I've played in experimental mode.

MF is short for MFFE or must-fix-for-experimental. There are supposed to be a lot of sub-MFFE bugs in the game. They might be must-fix-for-stable or must-fix-for-gold or even redeclare-as-feature.

(if you are wondering, this is :cocksure:, but basically true as far as I know)

Not just new but even old players will complain. Anyhow we're trying to have a soft landing, not a rough one like 17. That might take a ton of time more than what people are accustomed to, and what we're able to accurately predict.

The less we launch with the faster we can address the things you guys find and get on with the next alpha, if we release something that takes 6 months to get right, well thats not good for anyone.

You take your time, sir. I'm very hyped, but I rather you guys at Fun Pimps maintain a standard of release that you are comfortable with. The same guys complaining now, will do so again next A as well. So actual release date won't make any difference to that :)

God forbid you drag dye into a cosmetic slot, you should have a complete new mini game to prepare the dye in a bucket slot in your campfire, and collect various colored herbs to mix the dyes, then stir them with a the back end of a hoe or sharp stick. Then put the item in and hang it to dry for 12 hours.

Heh...says the fellows who had us forging re-bar frames, placing them, and then nailing plywood forms together before pouring concrete (you did mix concrete, right?) and waiting for the plywood to drop off after the cement dried.

-Morloc

Archived