Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

This is why 7DTD is going down the crapper. TFP refuse to stop dumbing it down and taking out critical features that 100% of the players enjoy. I mean, there could have been such a deep, meaningful choice between wearing a black duster and a duster painted black. It was rewarding pressing "w" to wear the duster after finding it in the trash can, not to mention the insane range of two colors of duster that you could find. This variety gave an intense yet fun link between looting and the clothing system, and now it's gone. The game's over, it's ruined. God, first the hoe, and now the duster? What is with this dedication to making the game lack so much complexity that it's brain dead easy? What are TFP gonna do next? Make us spawn with guns because we can't have noobies dying?

Game is rising as we speak, nothing is going in the wrong way. Hope this was sarcasm :)

This is why 7DTD is going down the crapper. TFP refuse to stop dumbing it down and taking out critical features that 100% of the players enjoy. I mean, there could have been such a deep, meaningful choice between wearing a black duster and a duster painted black. It was rewarding pressing "w" to wear the duster after finding it in the trash can, not to mention the insane range of two colors of duster that you could find. This variety gave an intense yet fun link between looting and the clothing system, and now it's gone. The game's over, it's ruined. God, first the hoe, and now the duster? What is with this dedication to making the game lack so much complexity that it's brain dead easy? What are TFP gonna do next? Make us spawn with guns because we can't have noobies dying?

Why so much hate? I mean most of the "dumbing" down was done for you.......

j/k sorta lol ;)

Yeah I don't think so. One bug and there will be crying and lamenting. We get one chance to release this and make some noise, it needs to be good noise.

Yeah, and people who say they are your biggest fans and that they do not care about the bugs are ALWAYS the first ones to pick up the pitchforks and scream about your demise.

I have seen it so many times in the numerous alphas and betas i have participated in, lol.

Yeah, and people who say they are your biggest fans and that they do not care about the bugs are ALWAYS the first ones to pick up the pitchforks and scream about your demise.

I have seen it so many times in the numerous alphas and betas i have participated in, lol.

Can I complain if A18 is released with no bugs? I like finding bugs and if there are not any to find ima be pissed, thats half the fun! :)

So, instead of offering us the choice between a black and brown duster that can both be painted anyway, you're giving us a generic duster that can be painted with any of the paint textures available? How sweet is that! Yellow puke wallpaper dusters in A18, confirmed!

Um I'm a fan of 7DTD and I genuinely don't care about bugs that much. Honestly the only one that actually got under my skin was the bug where people would drown despite not being in water when on multiplayer servers, that was really annoying. Other than that, I'm a happy camper. I think people who are already crying doom on the forums are the ones who'd complain. And why would you want to appease the unappeasable?

Joking and sarcasm aside;

There are some who do actually complain about this....and it may well feel that way for us that's been playing since cubes...., but thing to keep in mind is, perhaps it felt more challenging because we had so much less to work with. No tutorials, or streamers with years of experience, or detailed wikis.

We just find it a lot easier now, because we have all the base knowledge and know how, and now we get all these tools and features to do so much more than before.

Joking and sarcasm aside;

There are some who do actually complain about this....and it may well feel that way for us that's been playing since cubes...., but thing to keep in mind is, perhaps it felt more challenging because we had so much less to work with. No tutorials, or streamers with years of experience, or detailed wikis.

We just find it a lot easier now, because we have all the base knowledge and know how, and now we get all these tools and features to do so much more than before.

^ Words of wisdom

I think "Smeef" is smurf meat.

A fair attempt, but Smeef is what you find in those cupboards of the wasteland--smelly beef. It's a reference to Olan Roger's "Death is a Silent Wave" video on youtube. I don't watch him anymore but I like this username so much that it stuck. Mostly because of people incredulously asking me what the hell smeef is :D

The kraken has a hex head or torx bit so he's hard to screw with.

Screws confirmed for a18

- - - Updated - - -

Means I'm like a hybernating grouchy bear and if you wake me up I'll eat your children after I eat you.

hibernating bears in caves confirmed A18

- - - Updated - - -

Yes we removed a unique item, and streamlined. God forbid you drag dye into a cosmetic slot, you should have a complete new mini game to prepare the dye in a bucket slot in your campfire, and collect various colored herbs to mix the dyes, then stir them with a the back end of a hoe or sharp stick. Then put the item in and hang it to dry for 12 hours.

Mini games and herbs confirmed in a18

you should have a complete new mini game to prepare the dye in a bucket slot in your campfire, and collect various colored herbs to mix the dyes, then stir them with a the back end of a hoe or sharp stick. Then put the item in and hang it to dry for 12 hours.

Looking forward to crafting some clothespins.

Archived