Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I wouldn't want to see them spawn in front of a player, but run in front of you so you need to swerve out of the way. I think state of decay had fat guys kind of run in front of your car and mess it up, something like that.

That's the beauty of it. You don't really need the spawn point(s) directly in front. You could have 2 spawn points offset to the sides of where the vehicle is pointing, and you just spawn the entities facing towards each spawn point.

Since it would be night, they would be running anyhow. Also they would be adjusting their path to go straight for the player already, since it is a horde night.

Plus it was just a proof of concept suggestion, to see if it was really applicable and fun to play ;)

I wouldn't want to see them spawn in front of a player, but run in front of you so you need to swerve out of the way. I think state of decay had fat guys kind of run in front of your car and mess it up, something like that.

In other words, the driver must take care of what is in front of him. This is not much different from riding a motorcycle every other night. I don't know how often I've bumped into rocks in the dark because I haven't seen them in time.

Its standard industry practice to position something in first person to feel big and meaty, realism fails and makes firearms look weak and underwhelming.

Yeah but a firearm emits a projectile so it doesn't affect your perception on what will and what won't hit. Melee weapons are another thing. The hit box can't be too far away from the visual cues or it becomes very difficult to judge and looks AWFUL.

We've talked about horde nights creating an electromagnetic storm that shuts down vehicles, or have zombies run in front of you and really damage vehicles because they are feral.

An electromagnetic storm, however, would also affect the generators in the bases if one assumes that the game behaves consistently. All electrical traps would be useless.

An electromagnetic storm, however, would also affect the generators in the bases if one assumes that the game behaves consistently. All electrical traps would be useless.

that affects everything that is not inside your reclamation block, works as waves that repel the magnetic field, then you can use turrets and generators.

“Need to swerve” is all I need to see. How faatal makes that magic happen is no concern. :)

Now in the game, any sounds cannot be heard by other players beyond 98 m. Including the sounds of shots and explosions, and the silencer on the weapon does not interfere with the radius of the noise, it simply makes it different. Are you planning to change the sound system to a more realistic one in the future? Can this make the game engine? It would be more logical if different weapons had their own shot sound and their own noise distance (also more than 98m), preferably different depending on the devices on the barrel.

We've talked about horde nights creating an electromagnetic storm that shuts down vehicles, or have zombies run in front of you and really damage vehicles because they are feral.

The best solution would be zombies attack your base even if you flee with a vehicle. So it's up to wether you want to be safe and your base gets wrecked, or stay and fight.

But I know this is probably not feasible because the world would need to be loaded even if the player isn't around.

The best solution would be zombies attack your base even if you flee with a vehicle. So it's up to wether you want to be safe and your base gets wrecked, or stay and fight.

But I know this is probably not feasible because the world would need to be loaded even if the player isn't around.

The zombies would have to know where my base is first of all. If I didn't put a sleeping bag and a landclaim block there, the zombies would have to attack every block set by the player.

Or I could simply choose a sacrificial building where I put my sleeping bag and landclaim block. Then the zombies would have a lot of fun tearing down e.g. the Dishong Tower and I watch the show from the other side of the street :)

In other words, the driver must take care of what is in front of him. This is not much different from riding a motorcycle every other night. I don't know how often I've bumped into rocks in the dark because I haven't seen them in time.

Yes but its zero risk now. Once damage is balanced players might roll their car and get hurt bad, etc.

Yes but its zero risk now. Once damage is balanced players might roll their car and get hurt bad, etc.

Then you should also install seatbelts in the car. You know "Zombieland - Rule #4 Seatbelts"

And a few airbags wouldn't be bad either. Safety first. :)

Probably asked and answered before but... can guns have a melee action? Don't care for it to hit zombies with it, but more for it to hit the paintings to see if anything is behind it.

Now I need to change to my club or something to hit it each time and change back to the gun. Especially when you are a higher lvl and have feral zombies in the poi's you need to have your gun ready.

Also, I always found it strange when I shoot a zombie with an arrow or gun, they sometimes take a sort of step forward towards you. You would expect that they take a step back or at least stay where they are, not coming even faster at you then when you wouldn't have shot them.

Just have them match the player speed when on a vehicle (not bicycle though). That turns it from either an "exploit" or "can't use vehicle altogether" to a fun and scary mini-game. So I can use my motor bike for horde night but zombies go into an enraged state at the sound of a vehicle. This means they match my speed whether I'm in a mini-bike or gyro (vultures) so I have to drive impeccably for me to survive. Imagine using free look and seeing 64 zeds on you and you know if you hit a boulder, tree, or car you're gonna be mince meat. Scary as hell fun.

So ya you could drive on horde night, if you're a madman. Would make for some good stream/youtube content too.

wait is it not possible to Melle your way through a T5 quest in any of the huge PoI's? or do people just prefer to use guns all the time?

You can do this partially but some rooms are a bit extreme for melee. The hospital and the apartment building are well suited for close combat. However, you have to be well equipped and you have to put points in Skill Crusher and Pain Tolerance.

wait is it not possible to Melle your way through a T5 quest in any of the huge PoI's? or do people just prefer to use guns all the time?

You should be really well prepared, it is not impossible. Well, don`t get into a skyscraper with a wooden bow or spiked one, your soul will drop off.

Use stealth and the proper perks to be able to clear one without the need to get your backpack back many times, when you die.

Archived