Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

There could be a “tripple shot” option for the bow, shooting 3 arrows at the same time, low accuracy, with a similar effect as the shotgun.

Make the bow more useful when shooting into a crowd.

Or just use the exploding arrows? Explosions actually work now so I think they will gain popularity in A18.

Interesting, that I decided to test as I'm in-game now, and only now do I notice that the it does drain stamina when drawing it. Now simply aiming down, but actually drawing it. I think the problem though is that it differs from the crossbow, with the crossbow just by simply aiming down sights, the stamina goes down and quite fast I'd say compared to the wooden bow and compound bow.

Crossbow has definitely lost its appeal with its slow draw. Removing stamina penalty altogether would be a start in making it worthwhile again.

Crossbow has definitely lost its appeal with its slow draw. Removing stamina penalty altogether would be a start in making it worthwhile again.

It's still a good weapon for stealth. With Boom Headshot and Hidden Strike at maximum I can kill even the most radioactive zombies with a targeted head shot from my fully modded Q6 crossbow. The advantage of the crossbow over the bow is that you can attach a 2x scope to the crossbow. So the crossbow is much more accurate.

It's still a good weapon for stealth. With Boom Headshot and Hidden Strike at maximum I can kill even the most radioactive zombies with a targeted head shot from my fully modded Q6 crossbow. The advantage of the crossbow over the bow is that you can attach a 2x scope to the crossbow. So the crossbow is much more accurate.

At that point in the game Id rather a sniper rifle

You might want to do a little research on that.

Longbows and crossbows have many differences but when it comes to range and power they're pretty evenly matched.

The longbow should be harder to aim without putting points in the archery skill and drain more stamina when drawn. This is balanced by the crossbows terrible rate of fire.

I didn't put much thought into it, but what you suggest would work, but people might have a cow if drawing the bow took stamina, but I like the idea of it. Skyrim's does.

I'm not sure this will help any. But I for one really like this idea! Makes a lot of sense!

The pen is mightier than the pick!

Depends totally on your time frame.

On short time frames, the pen is really not that powerful.

Unless its situational or somthing like a signature.

On long time frames though. The written word, and even images, can be very powerful indeed.

At that point in the game Id rather a sniper rifle

I have also tried it but the sniper rifle is in my eyes no better than the crossbow and even with silencer the rifle seems to me to be louder than a crossbow. In addition, I have no problems with the ammunition consumption. In contrast to 7.62mm ammunition, I have never had to make crossbow bolts myself.

I'm very curious about the random zombie speed thing.

The description reminds me of Dying Light, where zombies are normally slow, but can suddenly make a dash for you, which really keeps you on your toes.

That describes it pretty well IMO.

I'm very curious about the random zombie speed thing.

The description reminds me of Dying Light, where zombies are normally slow, but can suddenly make a dash for you, which really keeps you on your toes.

since this is working now... i have spent more time spawning on my bedroll standing on my toes! :) died 3 times before the 1st BMH.

SICK! That's a great idea. I loved that skill in Horizon and this would actually be a good balance for having the bow do less damage per arrow than the crossbow.

Crossbow would have superior accuracy and damage at range, and while bow could have good ranged accuracy with perks it would also have an advantage up close and with crowds. Especially if you could fire 3 flaming arrows into a group every couple seconds!

Or make a new clothing item location for a Quiver that would allow for faster bow firing. If a person doesn't use a quiver then allow that spot to be used by a satchel bag for a quick change in toolbelt items for example.

Maybe turning it off and on when you want/need to?

No. Guys can mod it out if they dislike it IMO. The average guy will want to know the spread. I'd rather see a variety of crosshairs so its a grouping size instead of a crosshair so it doesn't interfere with iron sights.

Archived