Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

This is why I play WITH my other half in this game and truth be told...I despise zombie games and even moreso hate crafting games - but look at me with over 2k hours in this game plus another 1k in mods.

^_^

Hehe.. Well, I wouldn't be able to get my wife playing this game (any videogame, for that matter). Once she took a look over my shoulder, but screamed when a zombie popped up.

I told her not to worry and that it's not a zombie, it's just the face of the forum moderator.

Hehe.. Well, I wouldn't be able to get my wife playing this game (any videogame, for that matter). Once she took a look over my shoulder, but screamed when a zombie popped up.

I told her not to worry and that it's not a zombie, it's just the face of the forum moderator.

ya..heheh...stupid Oz....

FYI the new special harvest tags are in. With a perk, book etc you can harvest unique resources from an object that without the know how, is impossible. Its pretty cool, once you get the right books you can harvest brass from the household doors.

Awesome! This opens up some really interesting possibilities.

Had the same Horror factor as walking in on your grandparents :puke::faint:

horror?!?

been there done that. they were both 80 plus.

first thought was "yeah!!!! i got those genes!"

second thought was "i suppose i should have knocked..."

There was already one, but it might not be 100% realistic. We'll see its coming together really good now. I finished up all the new short names for all attribute ranks and perk rank names as well as their new long description today so now I can focus on the remaining book perks and once that is in, its mainly playable aside from some unfinished new weapons, but those should be closer. I can play a few attributes already, like Agility and Strength characters could be tested right now.

Pleeeease, do some gameplay videos :)

I'd rather not see the traders inventory clogged up with curved iron pipes, an T sections, and whatnot. Instead I was thinking of a radial menu with a timer and the player must collect all these goodies at pois. You want a full set of bar stools? Go find them or steal them from another player who has one. Press E for a radial menu, see the hand icon show up, click on it, wait a few seconds to grab it, and its yours. Then you don't see "Press E to take" on every chair in the game and we can make decorating your base more of a find and bring home event instead of buy at a trader, and the radial option would allow redecorating your base, theft of most blocks, etc.

That's actually a really neat idea. It gives a whole new incentive to go to POIs, you can just grab the stuff you think would look cool in your crib. Kinda like zombie ikea lol

This was like 4 weeks ago but I thought it was such a cool idea, I went and did it: IZEA Furniture Store - Another Dungeon POI

With that in mind @Madmole, is the "Radial menu/hand icon" idea (as quoted above) for taking decor from POI's something that will be executed on? If so, I'd definitely like to update this prefab for A18 with any new potential decor items.

Chunky Beef Stew Recipe:

<recipe name="foodChunkyBeefStew" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="foodCanBeef" count="2"/>

</recipe>

Chunky Chicken Stew Recipe:

<recipe name="foodChunkyChickenStew" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="foodCanChicken" count="2"/>

</recipe>

Chunky Lamb Stew Recipe:

<recipe name="foodChunkyLambStew" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="foodCanLamb" count="1"/>

</recipe>

Cats Pajamas Recipe:

<recipe name="foodCatsPajamas" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="foodCanCatfood" count="2"/>

<ingredient name="foodCanSalmon" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="foodCanTuna" count="1">

</recipe>

Dogs Breakfast Recipe:

<recipe name="foodDogsBreakfast" count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="foodCanDogfood" count="2"/>

<ingredient name="foodCropPotato" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="foodCropCorn" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="drinkCanRiverWater" count="1"/>

</recipe>

just a few (some rather silly) off the top of my head. (yes, some inspired from valmod to give credit)

Really need extra uses for all those cans of food.

Yes, the murky water from for the Dog's Breakfast. (we dont' have toilet bowl water) :D

I have two friends who show them the game and were so delighted that they bought it they played from the A14 and they fell in love with this game to date, but the only thing they do not forgive me is that the game does not have an AR-15 or the M16 ( or both weapons) being a very used weapon in the USA and as it can not be absent in a game of Zombies, @Madmole we hope to see the AR-15 or the M16 in the A18? it's the strawberry that the cake is missing

@madmole please add the grenade launcher, (we already have the physics of the explosive bolt) :peep:

Madmole, that leads my curiosity to the next question: ؟There is different tiers of the rocket launcher?

Maybe something like:

Tier 1: Very primitive, A big pipe (Like a hand-cannon, with a very low reloading time, shoots home made cannonballs with gunpowder inside.

Another idea for Tier 1: A 3 pipe contraption, that shoots 3 mini-cannonballs, also low reloading time. Ammo = 5 rocks + 3 gunpowder per cannonball (easy to craft early game).

Tier 2: Maybe the grenade launcher, from II World War era.

TIer 3: Good old rocket launcher.

Madmole, that leads my curiosity to the next question: ؟There is different tiers of the rocket launcher?

Maybe something like:

Tier 1: Very primitive, A big pipe (Like a hand-cannon, with a very low reloading time, shoots home made cannonballs with gunpowder inside.

Another idea for Tier 1: A 3 pipe contraption, that shoots 3 mini-cannonballs, also low reloading time. Ammo = 5 rocks + 3 gunpowder per cannonball (easy to craft early game).

You know, I actually like the idea to have all weapons of the same class to have the same damage.

Higher classes should rather have more reliability (miss fire), resistance (until repaired) and maybe better aim.

You know, I actually like the idea to have all weapons of the same class to have the same damage.

Higher classes should rather have more reliability (miss fire), resistance (until repaired) and maybe better aim.

Mmhh.. I don't know, imagine someone shoots your house with a homemade hand cannon IRL... Now imagine someone shoots your house with an RPG... so...I don't really know about the same damage idea.

Grenade Launchers and Rocket Launchers.

Maybe something like:

How about:

Tier 1: Grenade round for hunting rifle( really this was fit unto an M1 )

Tier 1: M79 ( Vietnam Era )...then became the M203 attached to M-16 / M4 )

Tier 2: Milkor MGL ( Modern Era multi-barrel )

For actual Rockets

Tier 1: Bazooka

Tier 2: L.A.W( or Dragon, but those were wire guided and might be harder to implement ).

Tier 3: AT-4...this would be 'laying around' after an apocalypse, but locked up most likely in a military depot.

Mmhh.. I don't know, imagine someone shoots your house with a homemade hand cannon IRL... Now imagine someone shoots your house with an RPG... so...I don't really know about the same damage idea.

Same class I mean the same weapons of different tiers.

Having the same damage allows lower tier weapons to still have a functional purpose and raw power later in the game. They just dont have all the bonusses as the higher quality ones. But the are not totally obsolete.

Same class I mean the same weapons of different tiers.

Having the same damage allows lower tier weapons to still have a functional purpose later in the game. They just dont have all the bonusses as the higher quality ones. But the are not totally obsolete.

Oooooh now i get it, i thought you were referring to "explosive weapons" in general.

Yeah, the thing is that most players want a little bit more damage with every tier, just to feel the progress. (Not my case, I love the complexity of range, reload time, accuracy, etc. in all the games I played)

Chicken Tikka Masala recipe:

<recipe name="foodChickenTikkaMasala count="1" craft_area="campfire" craft_tool="toolCookingPot" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="foodCanChickenRation" count="2"/>

<ingredient name="foodCanChilli" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="foodCornCob" count="2"/>

<ingredient name="drinkBottledWater" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="foodPotato" count="4"/>

</recipe>

ROFL

Archived