Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Number 11 on steam charts and 89% positive reviews the last 30 days!

So you're going to ignore my question , in fact half the forum posts that hate the balance of this patch and act high and mighty?

I should have known better. The developers of this game give no 2 cents about what the community thinks unless it favors their decisions.

Not a bad idea, although the recipe would have to be identical for each item. I'm not sure what balance implications that would have.

Having all identical recipes on the other hand, this would constitute a dire lack of variety in my book. It's a mere personal opinion, but this is too much streamlining in my opinion.

Congratulations! One of those positive review was mine:tickled_pink: A18's doing very well, and I see good things ahead with legendary items, bandits, and a story line. I'm seeing a lot of positive reviews on twitter as well.

Rightly so. A18 was a huge step in the right direction. A17, even though it blended in new mechanics, actually felt like a step backwards from a decent A16.

A18 just feels right in many ways.

So Gazz... first off, kudos to the team for continuing to hammer this RWG issue out. I am curious why it is that roads are such an issue wrt the whole "looks wonky" or out-of-place instances I am still seeing in the latest build. (having lots of fun btw!)

IRL we just lay it on top of an existing ground layer with a sub roadbed layer. I guess like most things PC, it just ain't that easy, eh?

So then, have you ever scraped iron ore?

If yes, wold you say the total number of iron ore you scraped in all your time playing 7D2D was a single digit number, two digits, three digits ... ?

The only time I scrapped iron ore would be the first day to make an iron reinforced club from resource boulders iron ore. As for a number? Is that the number of times I've scrapped ore or how much ore I've ever scrapped? hmm.....................2 digits I would guess for times I've scrapped ore. Amount? No clue. That's with me currently sitting at 1968 hours played. After that I always had both iron ore and scrap iron as standard everyday slots in inventory as I would both be wrenching/breaking stuff during the day for scrap and also smacking the odd boulder for ore. A18 the ore portion is the nodes and not a daily thing, just when I run across them and still get a ton of scrap from all other sources.

So you're going to ignore my question , in fact half the forum posts that hate the balance of this patch and act high and mighty?

I should have known better. The developers of this game give no 2 cents about what the community thinks unless it favors their decisions.

Now say that without crying.

You do know he isn't obligated to respond to you right? Especially when your question was pretty snarky to begin with.

Funny, they just added that exact "feature" of constantly needing to compare weapon stats to 7dtd. Thanks for making my point even more obvious. My opinion stands, they are moving towards looter/shooter.

Hey, you're the one who likes to be in your inventory a lot. Apparently you want more of that in this game.

"Mining is a focused expedition". Maybe in your playstyle it is. Do you think we all play the same? Personally with the iron nodes being everywhere I chop them off the surface as I am out doing other things and rarely even have any need to dig down for more. I do have a mine location marked out close to base for when I start going deep but I am not going to run past those easy to grab chunks without grabbing em.

Well, there's your dilemma! Do you stop and pound this iron node, mark it on your map, or just hope to stumble upon it again later? TFP hasn't taken away your dilemmas. You should be very happy.

The only time I scrapped iron ore would be the first day to make an iron reinforced club from resource boulders iron ore. As for a number? Is that the number of times I've scrapped ore or how much ore I've ever scrapped? hmm.....................2 digits I would guess for times I've scrapped ore. Amount? No clue. That's with me currently sitting at 1968 hours played. After that I always had both iron ore and scrap iron as standard everyday slots in inventory as I would both be wrenching/breaking stuff during the day for scrap and also smacking the odd boulder for ore. A18 the ore portion is the nodes and not a daily thing, just when I run across them and still get a ton of scrap from all other sources.

Wait, so you never had much of a dilemma over this? With the way you take every side of the argument, I'm starting to think that you just like to complain.

I fixed that today. It turns out vehicles were getting bleeds and infections from zombie hits. At max infection the vehicle is set to 0 health, so repairs would be zeroed out.

Glad that was resolved! I really hate having to cheat in a replacement for a bug, but its still experimental, so I'm not too concerned. Its a big deal though for people who on't know how or just can't for some reason.

Now say that without crying.

I am not crying. I am however very sad . Despite providing some extensive analysis and constructive criticism on balance issues the developers (namely Gazz) decided to respond to them with vulgarity and hostility. Either the community is wrong or the devs are right. There is no middle ground.

And as the game slowly descends into the stupendous oblivion that is post modern watered down fallout 76 esque to appease to the average Joe, I hope the devs realise this mistake and try to undo the changes on realism, building and crafting. There is still time to fix this before the game stops being what it used to be: more of a survival zombie base building crafting game and less of a shooting looter simulator.

Archived