Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Yes those will come in the future and be loot or buy only for sure. 20 or 30k? What do you guys think a legendary should cost at a trader?

Or nothing, i'd rather not see them at the trader. But more like a chance of finding one, and that chance either be locked or unlocked based on our actions as we play the game.

Examples: If i never eat meat, there will after day 21 be a chance i'll find a legendary hoe. But if i eat some meat, it will never be on my loottable.

If i never use a gun, i'll lock my chance to find a legendary gun, but also unlock the chance to find a legendary bow/xbow.

edit: A side effect of this, it might add replay value to the game for someone to have "unlocked" every legendary item.

Cheap deaths are stupid, does everyone agree? You are driving full speed at night, start taking radiation damage, don't know which way is out, die, your 60,000 duke jeep and all your modded gear is lost there forever. You think that is cool? I'm hardcore, but that is just a bad design, so we made an island for now, at least its a choice to die.

When I first started 7 Days I died several times to the radiation. Not once did I think it was a cheap death. I thought I went somewhere I shouldn't and I learned to avoid it.

I was hoping that eventually the radiation gear would allow me to explore some of that zone. But instead of it being an incomplete mechanic(which was my hope) it was just another danger to be taken out of the game. By the way, I also think if you blindly drive your 60k duke jeep into the water it should be gone for good. Doing something stupid in a survival game should have consequences.

I'm not sure they should even be simply for sale. Traders having all the best things for sale is meh.

I'd rather have demolishers drop quest notes. =P

I agree with you here Gazz, they shouldn't be at traders. Very least, make it to where they won't show up at all at them until after like day 50 or so, i ncase RNG doesn't like you. Cost should be way higher than 20 or 30k, I'd say 100k base sounds fair.

When I break a block, I have strange particles that appear. I feel that it dates from the last update. I modified some settings but it doesn't change anything. Nvidia 1060 6go. Did anyone else notice that ?

90B3BE79EB8955E8FE861D1061227CE7B9A48DAE

Same thing for glass :

DC578F6AABDCF9A01C02CD102D9017D22B79950B

I seen this effect but in the desert. It's much bigger, looks like a whole sand storm in the distance.

Was this already discussed at some point:

Now that we can pick locks, would it be possible to add lockpicking to regular POI doors? Would be a nice addition for the stealthy players.

As a primarily stealth focused player since day one, I would really love to see this added into the game. I don't mind busting down doors with an axe, but it would be so much better (more immersive) to be able to pick locks, especially as a stealth character trying not to wake up an entire POI at once when moving through.

Correct. But let's say you're at the trader, and you have 80,000 dukes on you. You could either, A) Purchase a Motorcycle, tons of ammo, some resources, and save/smelt the rest of your money, or you could purchase a Legendary Weapon. Even if it does 25% more damage than your current weapon, and you will save bullets over time, often, you have to think about the next one or two horde nights from then, not the horde nights 6+ weeks from now. Plus, current high-end T6 weapons are beasts already. In order to justify that exorbitant price, either TFP would have to nerf regular weapons into oblivion, or they would have to make Legendary's so powerful that any other type of weapon could be considered "garbage" by comparison. But if it were balanced to the current system (again, let's say they do 25% more damage than the highest end T6 weapon ever could), would you really spend 60k+ on it? Could you say that most people would?

We were gonna buy a gyro for an insane amount of monies. Decided not to because not worth it. But yea, if there was a legendary m60 for 100k I'd have bought the ♥♥♥♥ out of it, and im sure many many others would do the same. I mean..its legendary. Just look at real life. People might drop thousands of dollars on a baseball card right? It's a piece of cardboard...but if its legendary its worth a whole lot more than a piece of cardboard and if people have the money they WILL buy it just to say they have it.

I agree with you here Gazz, they shouldn't be at traders. Very least, make it to where they won't show up at all at them until after like day 50 or so, i ncase RNG doesn't like you. Cost should be way higher than 20 or 30k, I'd say 100k base sounds fair.

We also have to consider, "What kind of Legendary Weapons are we talking about here?" Are they considered a small upgrade to level 6's with some unique buff/ability attached, or they do make level 6's look like a commoner's weapon?

I also believe they should be exclusive to loot, but if they have to be found at the traders as well, I'd rather them be balanced than unbalanced.

Oh I was saying how it should be, it is how you describe it, we need to fix it.

I confirm this, I walked through the desert with 112 health and I was attacked by 2 vultures, what I could notice was that they attacked when my blue bar was below 30, I think they have to see it, but I still like aggressive vultures

We also have to consider, "What kind of Legendary Weapons are we talking about here?" Are they considered a small upgrade to level 6's with some unique buff/ability attached, or they do make level 6's look like a commoner's weapon?

Yeah even still though, with a little leveling, skills and mods, the guns are doing a wallop of damage as it is. Any slight increase makes them exponentially more powerful imo. My level 4 AK is popping heads as it is lol. Just dont want the game dipping into A16 easy when it comes to loot. Legendary gear at traders kinda jumps it up there, and tokens are easy to get - especially at the point in the game where you're buying legendary items from traders. 20 / 30k is about 2 nearby POIs or just stuff sitting in your stashes at that point.

The plan was just to make an invisible border that says you can't go that way when you get there, like every other game does.

I hope you don't do that... I like the radiated zone. I like that in previous alphas you could protect yourself enough that you could survive there. Made a great place to stash stuff on MP servers.

Yeah even still though, with a little leveling, skills and mods, the guns are doing a wallop of damage as it is. Any slight increase makes them exponentially more powerful imo. My level 4 AK is popping heads as it is lol. Just dont want the game dipping into A16 easy when it comes to loot. Legendary gear at traders kinda jumps it up there, and tokens are easy to get - especially at the point in the game where you're buying legendary items from traders. 20 / 30k is about 2 nearby POIs or just stuff sitting in your stashes at that point.

Speaking of which, I think the loot at traders needs to be nerfed, at least early on in the game. Even since day 1, I've been seeing level 6 weapons (usually AK's for some reason) at the 3 traders I visit every single time they restock. Obviously, I bought a few of them.

True. I play on 90 minute days, am on day 28, but I have 80k. (I was 120k a few days ago, before I bought a motorcycle and lots of ammo.)

@MadMole (Anyone)

I have started a Alpha 18 General 'Guide' to try and consolidate various issues that get discussed multiple times in the Developer's Diary.

Alpha-18-General-play-answers-ideas-and-or-concepts

Currently:

It has a general section covering New Forum Users, General 7D2D info, links Sylen Thunder's great computer/server/game support guide, the Bug Reporting thread, and expectations for posting here in the Dev Diary.

It has a Death/Zombie section that covers the Death Penalty, Rage, higher level Z's at times, and Z/Horde GPS. (Plan to add Demolition Z soon.)

The various section currently has Food Poisoning and Item Repair, and plans to add Farming (and plots), and a couple perk/skill items. (Like moving this there, etc.)

There is also a section on things that have been removed (Behemoths, Hoes, LBD (Learn By Doing), Procedurally Generated Caves, and Zip Lines.)

The verbiage is mostly my own (intended to be clear and impartial, and some thanks/credit to Roland) but I am going through posts and linking to supporting posts that are TFP voiced (MadMole, Faatal, Gazz, etc.)

And thank you to the people who have responded favorably helping my motivation.

Exactly. Should be end of the huge POI-ending rewards (like shotgun messiah factory), idk. If they're at traders they should cost a lot. A lot doesn't start until 100k lol

I agree. A bare minimum would be half our inventory filled with stacks of dukes. Although, it could depend on the actual usefulness of the item. If it is balanced, i don't mind 100k since then it's probaly just 1% better then other stuff.

Yes those will come in the future and be loot or buy only for sure. 20 or 30k? What do you guys think a legendary should cost at a trader?

Honestly, I would prefer they not be available on traders.... only found by looting.

I hope you don't do that... I like the radiated zone. I like that in previous alphas you could protect yourself enough that you could survive there. Made a great place to stash stuff on MP servers.

yeh I dont mind the water. Maybe either random borders like one game play thru you will have rad zone other game play thru have water. OR vary the borders like have 1 side water, another side rad zone, another side unwalkable terrain like mass piles of rubbish and destroyed buildings that are inaccessible and the last side something else.

@madmole

What do you think about Diablo3 style items with many different random stats. Every item would be different and finding the perfect makes looting always some interesting.

The actual system with just quality class is kinda boring and at the end there is purple only everything.

You should try Alpha 18.

Please no buy, loot only. Buying something powerful like that takes all the joy out of finding it yourself.

That's eventually their plan for Wasteland though. Radiation in there so if you want to clear POIs there you need meds or rad suits.

Archived