Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Firstly, this is awesome! Thank you for the change. Secondly, if that means you can craft L6 items again with full points into the perk, that is even more incredible. Here's hoping that is the case! I truly love the direction the game is going in, and all the changes have made the game immensely better (technical issues aside). Fixing the disparity between looting and crafting would be a terrific addition.

I agree with all of this. Curious though, does anyone on the staff think it would make sense to move Hunstman to Agility, seeing as how they have no "harvest" perk, and are already specialized into blades? I'm fine with whatever the answer is, but I personally feel it would make sense to move this one perk.

Yes you will be able to craft purple items with random stats. Since its a lot of parts you won't be able to spam craft. Stone tools will still be mid range so players do not try to spam craft the best ones.

We can think about moving it to agility.

I had posted about this before that cooking didnt feel right right in strength, but when you explain it this way it makes you look like you might have know what you were doing when you put it there! :D

I slowed down with my decision making and spent weeks in a spreadsheet looking at all the perks visualizing how they would play, how this guy would heal, how does every perk he has access to compliment his build, what his strengths and weaknesses would be, etc.

Hour and a half days help I would imagine. I think I'd go bananas in the dark that long though, and those longer hordes will be insane once he gets to a high gs.

Well, not as much as you might imagine. I've never spent a full day mining stone - only several in-game hours at the most. Most of my base was cobblestone until day 19, and then I found an auger which has allowed me to mine a ton of stone in a course of an in-game night and part-way through day 20 and day 21. After the horde, I found a blue steel pickaxe, which has allowed me to build that extension of my base in only four days. Like I keep telling everyone, having higher-end tools makes all the difference. ;)

Edit: I never mine stone during the day; only during a (large) portion of the night.

eh, legendary items will be the items you can only find. Crafting needs a little bump.

dont get me started on those ideas. I have a whole notebook full of those!

- - - Updated - - -

Scopes on compound Crossbow! - thank you!

So now I need a mag option so I can make this the Van Helsign crossbow :)

so a repeating crossbow?

i kinda like that purple is only found/bought!

Nah, it really takes away the fun in crafting. I can dump all my points to craft level 5 knuckles, but before I even get close to there my friend is dropping me high damage level 6 ones anyways :p As long as it takes a lot of parts, you still have to go out looting all the parts. So its a solid mix of you cant just sit in base and get the best stuff, but you also feel good about putting the points in to make the top end items you really want to use.

No they should leave you alone unless injured or blood moon.

Ok, well, informal bug ticket then since I can't reproduce the incidents at will. Health 100% at least a couple of the times, 95%+ the other times, riding bicycle in desert, kamikaze vulture suddenly crashes into me and keeps attacking. Had it happen half a dozen times in my current game on different days. Has been on a different segment of road each time but all of them were desert gravel roads.

I suspect it's really a case of it spawns with "move to player position" and the "attack" is it getting into a fender bender because they fly faster than I can pedal. It must spawn pretty close though because in these incidents I've never seen a shadow before the initial impact. Once it's impacted the player I think it goes into real attack mode and continues to.

Yes you will be able to craft purple items with random stats. Since its a lot of parts you won't be able to spam craft. Stone tools will still be mid range so players do not try to spam craft the best ones.

We can think about moving it to agility.

I'm so excited to hear we will be able to craft top-level items! I think the randomization adds a great layer of replayability / depth to the itemization. Take a gamble on crafting, and if you get a low-end roll, scrap it and keep farming up new parts to try again.

Looking forward to seeing if Hunstman gets moved into Agility. Crossing my fingers!

I slowed down with my decision making and spent weeks in a spreadsheet looking at all the perks visualizing how they would play, how this guy would heal, how does every perk he has access to compliment his build, what his strengths and weaknesses would be, etc.

It really shows. I think the different stat trees and perks, in their current form, feel great. They really allow diversity while making you truly think about your choices. The schematic system allows you to continue progression alongside leveling and perks without being "punished" by your choices. It really gives it that RPG class feel without discouraging either specialization nor diversity (jack-of-all-trades).

Thanks to all the staff for their hard work and communication. You have a great game here, and it keeps getting better with each iteration!

I had something similar. Was in a party and I was doing a quest in the shotgun factory. The rest of the guys came up and helped me finish it. I had the guy with LL 5 and googles open up the final chest and every single item was level 1. We had also cleared the factory once before in a party just to clear it in general. But we actually got good loot the first time. Not sure if that played into it at all.

Yep thats the bug.... drop party and try looting that same type of chest.

See @MM im not the only one. i'll post a video of it tonight when i get home from work.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll check it out.

Sweet thank you!

Concerning my post about weird particules (screenshots : https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111778-Alpha-18-Dev-Diary!!&p=1037222&viewfull=1#post1037222), in fact it's related to shadows settings : no shadows, no particles. Seems like particules are the shadow of the smoke that appears when you break wood. It's easier to see them when you wear a frontal light. With shadows set as "far" it's barely noticeable.

Archived