madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

one word.....boats

oh and scuba gear....wait that is more than one word

i think that in the game there should be swamps.

you can get mushrooms and yucca and cattails there

a few animals spawn there that live in lakes , rivers and swamps

Gator's they are very deadly and can go on land but they stay near water and eat animals , zombies and people

and the "Lake lurker" this mutant catfish that has sharp teeth and acts like a shark they are strong and deadly. they drop a nice bit of meat tho!

and some special zombies that spawn there.

I was just sitting here wondering about the RWG road problem. Is there any sense of how complicated the problem is? I ran into this

A18.0_2019-10-19_11-50-31.thumb.jpg.75ba2821c697aa49912d2f54df31b61b.jpg

and started thinking... what happens when I get a vehicle? Should I start again? I should probably wait though until the problem is fixed. That's how I arrived at 'How complicated is the problem?' Is this likely to be weeks? A month? Anyway... I know folks don't give out dates for releases or anything, but I just thought I would ask whether this was a simple-ish fix or a majorly complex issue.

Also, I did look a bit through postings and didn't see anything regarding this... so apologies if this has already been answered.

I know this. I was asking whether the range would compensate for the smaller world. In classic horde mode they would only fall within the local arena.

well that pilot does a poor trying to help people in the wasteland when it lands on a large apartment full of zombies. lol

at least if i dropped it off. i would drop it on some farmland not in the middle of a lake or a skyscraper lol

I was just sitting here wondering about the RWG road problem. Is there any sense of how complicated the problem is? I ran into this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30049[/ATTACH]

and started thinking... what happens when I get a vehicle? Should I start again? I should probably wait though until the problem is fixed. That's how I arrived at 'How complicated is the problem?' Is this likely to be weeks? A month? Anyway... I know folks don't give out dates for releases or anything, but I just thought I would ask whether this was a simple-ish fix or a majorly complex issue.

Also, I did look a bit through postings and didn't see anything regarding this... so apologies if this has already been answered.

looks like a sinkhole destroyed the road lol

I went in like Rambo and a tier 3 still took a day. Actually it only took a good chunk of the day but because we cant leave and come back I didnt have enough time to do another. Yea maybe it doesn't actually take a whole day but failing when you leave a poi makes it 1 per day.

What settings are you using? 60 minute days? Since the player investment is higher the rewards need to scale as well. Hopefully TFPs can address this eventually. Seems like a no brainers. The question is how to do the scaling. 🤔

All polls created in general discussions were simply fun polls for the community to see how other players were landing on different issues. They never should have been taken as official queries by TFP to drive development. If you saw the poll as an understanding between TFP and the community that they could take all the time they needed to work on RWG as long as in return the map sizes would end up being huge (20k or bigger) then that was simply your own assumption because that was never the purpose or intent of the poll.

Being that only moderators and TFP can create the polls, it is no wonder to me that just about everybody would assume this.

it would be like if madmole came in here asking, "Hey guys, what do you want added to the game, canned yams or canned coconut milk?"

Then a week later, a thousand posts later, came back and said, "Oh, I was just wondering... we're adding sardines."

What settings are you using? 60 minute days? Since the player investment is higher the rewards need to scale as well. Hopefully TFPs can address this eventually. Seems like a no brainers. The question is how to do the scaling.

Some of the quest rewards definitely need tweaking.

Complete Tier 6 and get 3 options

1. Steel Purple Sledgehammer

2. 28 shotgun shells

3. Orange Military Gloves

Gee wonder which one I picked...... lol

looks like a sinkhole destroyed the road lol

Just one example. I've run into a number of roads that go straight up or straight down for 50 yards. You can't walk up them at all. You can sort of jump up them little bits at a time and you can certainly fall down them. Just speculating, of course. I have never taken a lot of damage from that fall. Nope never. ehm!

Some of the quest rewards definitely need tweaking.

Complete Tier 6 and get 3 options

1. Steel Purple Sledgehammer

2. 28 shotgun shells

3. Orange Military Gloves

Gee wonder which one I picked...... lol

shells DUuuuu lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just one example. I've run into a number of roads that go straight up or straight down for 50 yards. You can't walk up them at all. You can sort of jump up them little bits at a time and you can certainly fall down them. Just speculating, of course. I have never taken a lot of damage from that fall. Nope never. ehm!

oh man iv just played Navezgane

ill play Random gen when i get home

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30049[/ATTACH]

What happens when you get a vehicle? You drive around it. Not that big of a think here

Higher stats, an extra mod slot and an extra effect is underwhelming?

Ummm all items have 1 less mod slot in A18. Yea we have a cosmetic slot but when it was revealed that we were getting a cosmetic slot. It was sold to us as an addition not as a cost. I feel it should be 1 slot per Quality tier starting at T2. 4 mods on quality 6 items seems a little underwhelming imo.

T1 0 slots

T2 1 slot

T3 2 slots

T4 3 slots

T5 4 slots

T6 5 slots

T7 the “legendary” items are unique and should not have any slots.

For example, A T7 steel picaxe is named “Grandpa’s golden tooth” it so strong it one hits metal and stone. But not Reinforced Concrete. And has a chance to yield gold nuggets on hit.

Obviously make the drop rate .01% chance to ensure the unique rarity. As you may or may not ever find a legendary item. This is just an example and I think it will be super easy and fun to implement. You could do similar things to all tools and weapons.

Ummm all items have 1 less mod slot in A18. Yea we have a cosmetic slot but when it was revealed that we were getting a cosmetic slot. It was sold to us as an addition not as a cost. I feel it should be 1 slot per Quality tier starting at T2. 4 mods on quality 6 items seems a little underwhelming imo.

T1 0 slots

T2 1 slot

T3 2 slots

T4 3 slots

T5 4 slots

T6 5 slots

T7 the “legendary” items are unique and should not have any slots.

For example, A T7 steel picaxe is named “Grandpa’s golden tooth” it so strong it one hits metal and stone. But not Reinforced Concrete. And has a chance to yield gold nuggets on hit.

Obviously make the drop rate .01% chance to ensure the unique rarity. As you may or may not ever find a legendary item. This is just an example and I think it will be super easy and fun to implement. You could do similar things to all tools and weapons.

that would be cool with the legendary weapons

but i like how the mods for weapon/armor is already

I wanted to reply to this specifically, because I think the problem is you've got 500 hours of single-player into this, and we're out here playing multi-player games getting stupid amounts of loot. I had a level 3 double-barrel shotgun before the end of the first day, just in loot from a tiny POI with two zombies in it. It was just past noon and I hit it on the way to the trader for finishing the starting quest.

I think at one point you said that loot is taking party gamestage into account, and most of the people involved seem to be playing co-op on private servers, where you and all your friends party up as soon as you log in. Here's the flipside to that though; if that's a bug and you fix it, then you really probably need to readjust how gamestage works for groups. We had a group of four players get SEVENTEEN demolishers on Day 28. You can't run out in the field and kite 17 demolishers around to keep them off the defenses, and there's no easy way of knowing who he spawned on.

Personally, I'd love to see you do a long game with MP co-op where you and your 4-6 buddies are playing 3-4 hours a night for a few weeks and see what it's like. Because I assure you, we're still over here getting tons of loot. We're not getting purples on Day 10 (where we're at now on this restart) but we're also not angling for it by doing lots of questing and perking into trader stuff, and we ARE getting greens and the rare blue.

Ah yes, MP is completely wrecked.

Purples are ledendaries, so we don't want people crafting legendaries. We let the craft up to blue and enabled random stats on t2 and 3 crafting, so that is a LOT of love since 18's launch.

I like A18’s crafting I also get buying maxed out perks for weapon damage and not necessarily to “craft a purple”. This might be OP but what about crafting a extra mod slot blue. Or maybe an item that adds a mod slot to the perked weapon slot. I’m no programmer so the idea may be DOA for technical reasons.

I do agree the random crafting has been a good addition. I like trying to roll for a strong weapon if it is a bust I just sell it.

Being that only moderators and TFP can create the polls, it is no wonder to me that just about everybody would assume this.

it would be like if madmole came in here asking, "Hey guys, what do you want added to the game, canned yams or canned coconut milk?"

Then a week later, a thousand posts later, came back and said, "Oh, I was just wondering... we're adding sardines."

Which is exactly why they stopped. Unless a poll is initiated by one of the developers for the purpose of officially getting some community feedback on an issue it isn't going to be happening any more. There was too much of an attitude of "Why did TFP do A when the poll said they should do B" and the developers don't want to give the impression that designing this game is determined by polls.

Yeah, I agree with you there. If I do dungeon POIs it takes, on average, 1 to 2 days. If they are huge it can take up to 4. I love wrenching but I never wrench absolutely all the stuff to the bone.

My point is. More time please. To enjoy the Pois.

There is already a time and horde night setting. (60/90/120 minute days) What is needed is loot/reward balancing for the higher tier POIs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not complaining about this, on the contrary I like rough play, but I find it very expensive to make cement right now, could that be regulated?

All yours snow...😅

- - - Updated - - -

Buffed dart traps are no joke. I wanted to make sure they were going to hit where I wanted, so I slowly got in range to see if it would hit me...and got 2 shot :( Cant wait for the next horde :p

Do darts do block damage? Will save me testing time if someone can answer this for me. 😎👍

Archived