- More Seeds like Strawberry, Peach, Apple, Coconut and more

- Strong Bandits

- New Zeds and Boss Zeds like Behemoth

- New Zombie Sounds

- More Paint

- More Furniture for Playerhome

- Legendary EQ

- I like Weapon Parts and miss this <.<

- New Melee and Range Weapons (Auto-Shotgung, M249 etc.)

- Lava / Magma

- More Random Loot (Chest / Hidden Stash etc.)

- More Legendary Zeds + Special Shiny (Boss)

- More Workbench, Fabricator für Weapons, Ammunation Workbench, bigger Campfire, bigger and faster Forge (4 Slots and 5sec --> 3sec)

- New Ore like Tungsten, Emerald, Rubin, Sapphire and more

- Weapons craften from Gems like Diamond Pickaxe, Rubin Pickaxe and more

- Random Melee, Weapons and Gear Stats for rare Items

- breed Animals (Chicken, Rabbit, Cow, Pig)

- Mount Horse

and much more <.<

One thing I want that I think no one has suggested yet...

Stuff added in radiation zone, end-gamey kinda things (I know, not very specific, haven't fully thought it out lol). Requires full hazmat gear before you can explore without dying. Maybe restrict irradiated zombies to radiated zone (makes sense right?) then there would be a proper natural progression, where you would "Expect" radiated zombies to be and show up and can plan for them. This could be part of the storyline where you find "ground zero"

Maybe some highly aggressive native humans in this region who adapted and survived the fallout (think the TV show "The 100" for an example of that), primitive people with no guns but spears, bows etc...

id like to see some basics added like fishing and a fishing skill and like to see woodcutting its own skill and possibly fire making as its own skill

id like scarier looking zombies with better animations

id like instanced dungeons for single player and teams with epic loot at the end ,as quests . like you see a cave entrance and when you or your group enter it you get "warped" to this spooky maze cave with extra tough zombies with a boss zombie at the end that requires a team to do

id like the backstory for the game to be worked on with a better intro to what happened before you get plopped into the game

more guns more melee weapons more blades. a stabbing weapon like a spear

i miss hub city and would like to see that come back as a possible option in the the settings

I would like to see:

- Bandits v1

- More new zombies (don't remove any old ones! just add in more variety)

- Audio/sound - more variety ambient and creepy sounds, new zombie sounds, better distance close/far distinction

- optimize random gen on initial load like 8 minutes long.

- offer menu option for zombies run during day, walk at night

- more decorations for bases to craft - just for fun

- new game mechanics - lock pick, smell returns

- new melee weapon that reaches through iron bars (spear)

- add Roland as an NPC at the trader :) (he kind of follows you around and watches if you cause any trouble inside the compound)

I would NOT like to see:

- redesigning entire systems that already work and people like, by stream lining them into boring game play ...

(stream line the code, NOT the game play variety)

- removing things we like

- extending the early game even farther into insanity

- nerfing, nerfing, nerfing away

I want "BlockingVolumes" in PreFabs with toggles to disallow spawns from the world, screamers, and/or wandering horde. (anti-ninja spawning)

I want Sleeper spawns / volumes in PreFabs extended so that a sleeper spawn can be static (exact placement within the volume) or dynamic (sleeper can spawn anywhere above solid blocks within the volume). Then for the BlockingVolume mentioned above, sleeper spawns could be optionally disallowed as well. This would be to fine tune. Perhaps there is a small, specific location where you need to make sure no zombie ever spawns.

I want particle effect blocks for PreFabs... Steam for pipes. Electrical Sparks. Gas pipe flames. Poisonous gas leak. I want to set the entity damage amount these can do, the frequency at which the damage is applied, and I want to set which entity types can be damaged. I want to toggle whether these are always on or not. These should have sounds when active.

I want TriggerVolumes for PreFabs that activate / deactivate particle effect blocks mentioned above. I want to select which entities can trigger the volume when on entering or on exiting the volume. Perhaps also to trigger special spawn blocks or other interactables not yet thought about.

Some of column A and some of column B:

Bandit-protected bases. You have to go to them, they do not come to you. And they have caches of legendary items.

Water and watercraft. Mods for vehicles. Bandits with vehicles that cannot be crafted, only stolen (ala Waterworld's Smokers)

Parasails or hang-gliders instead of ziplines. And, again, bandits who can attack using them.

Perhaps there is a theme here...

I wish a zombie overhaul, with more prominent differences between them:

- News attacks from some of them. At least one more non-melee attack, some power attack, some random surprise attack like a crawler doing a jump+attack at ground level. A scorched could leave fire in the floor, fatfemales has pestilence around them...

- Various AI behaviors between classes: some more stupid, some smarter. More randomness and less exploitable AI in general.

- Resistances and weakness so you have to adapt your weapons and mods.

- New zombies, remodel and retexture the oldest ones.

Roads that don't have random plateaus and vertical impassible sections.

Plains and maple forest biomes back.

Learn by doing.

RWG similar to a16

(actual large square cities connected by roads that make sense)

(mountain ranges that look natural, not just near vertical spires that are tall but narrow in x and z.)

(towns that don't have 14 cell towers or water works)

(anyone remember skyscrapers? RIP skyscrapers)

(I'm hearing about all these cool new POI's but most of them NEVER spawn in any of the dozen playthroughs so far)

Vehicles with enough torque that you don't have to magically put them in your backpack every time you encounter a hill or vertical road.

More patience with the devs as the balance things out, and likewise, less kneejerk balancing in released experimentals from the devs. Take the time to get the initial balances reasonable, we'll understand and wait patiently and appreciate not having to spend the first month seeing insane wild swings back and forth from one extreme to another.

Don't let the 19-20 months a16.4-a17.0 cycle get you down and make you rush a17.x or a18. Sure, more efficiency may be possible, but don't sacrifice quality just to meet some steam holiday sale release date.

In the same way you gave early access to streamers, and perhaps welcomed their feedback, try instead, or in addition to that, giving the same access to some of the veteran modders who really understand the systems in place and have played and modded them for years now.

EDIT: Also, transparency and documentation. A lot of frustration in a17 could have been avoided with better documentation and explanation of how mechanics were changed. Detailed tooltips and maybe some more visibility of well-explained Journal entries could help us all figure out exactly what is different from one version to the next, and thus have less initial failures because of expected results no longer working like they used to.

* Expand and refine the item mod system starting with mods for vehicles. SUVs could have bigger engines that burn more gas; motorcycles and SUVs get tires that go faster on roads but don't climb as well (and the reverse); SUV gets a horn that plays Dixie; a marker smoke bomb rack for the gyro; a fixed SMG for the handlebars of the mini-bike, and so on.

* Bring back the skill system from a16, including learn-by-doing. It was just better.

* Add the ability to place a second bedroll or some other kind of item to serve as your fallback spawn point. If the game detects enemies very near to your bedroll you would be able to respawn at your secondary location. Eventually you might unlock the ability to spawn at the fallback spot even if there aren't any zombies near your main one.

* Have some zombies either still be lootable or drop a different type of container than the yellow bag. These zombies would have loot that made sense, like a cowboy with cowboy boots, a construction worker with a wrench. a businessman with pain killers or a stripper with dye. It would be nice if each of the zombies eventually got an appropriate container: a toolbox for the construction worker, briefcase for business zed, saddlebag for Hank Jr-errr-the cowboy, etc.

* Pipe bombs. We have the throwing mechanic already and we can already build IEDs. Might require you to also have a lighter to arm.

* Boats would be really great. Even a little johnboat with oars would be fine, although being able to stick a motor on it would be cool.

* Bandits would also be cool but I don't see them as critical yet. I kinda agree with the poster who said they should mostly be in forts, with only a few roaming about. If they were roaming they should end up tangling with zombies or wildlife occasionally. I could actually see them hunting animals for food or to eliminate threats. You'd almost never encounter roaming bandits at night because their not morons.

* I miss the hollow logs that had random stuff in them. Love to see them return but be kind of rare. Maybe there could also be counterparts for biomes where regular trees wouldn't usually be: a hollow giant cactus, pitted bolder, underwater barrel, etc.

* I was wondering if maybe a certain kind of zombie should be attracted to airdrops. Perhaps one with binoculars around its neck that used to be a birdwatcher or astronomy buff.

* Human npcs. I'd love to see a few people either working at or just loitering in trading posts. An uncommon neutral NPC fort would also be really neat. They might be aligned with a trading post faction or an independent alliance of survivors and you could occasionally do missions for them. They might also have a trader with limited stock, possibly including specialized items that are rarely found elsewhere.

* I want the trees to actually look like trees at more than 30 feet away. On the highest graphics settings where the game is unplayable for me the trees still look like blobs at distances where they were totally clear in a16. The smaller they are the closer I have to be before they turn into trees, too...I have to be almost on top of a shrub before it doesn't look like Play-Doh.

* While a17 made some improvements a number of recipes still require an unrealistic amount of certain ingredients. Enough people have already posted about this so I won't rehash it.

* No radiated zombies randomly chilling in houses. I also agree with the poster who wanted the radiated zones to be endgame and the primary biome for radiated zeds. We need to be able to get hazmat suits from hazmat zombies, even if the suits are damaged and have to be repaired first. Maybe their condition would affect how much rad resistance they provide.

Also, I agree 100% with Mephistopheles.

* More NPCs and their factions, bandits, friendlies, etc

* A faction favour system where you get perks for being in good standing, for example access to shelter, workshops, tools, etc

* Ability to run your own colony where you can assign jobs to NPCs, like in Kenshi or Rimworld.

* More food variety, which includes more crops variety!

* Ability to crouch into 1X1 spaces, like in Ravenhearst.

* Better RWG

* More animals

* More Zombie variety

A survival mode with

no roads

no poi's

no traders

95% reduction of birdsnest

96.7% reduction of zombie block damage,

no concrete, cobblestone highest tier.

Animals triple run speed and double detection range.

No steel tools or motorized stuff.

Undecided about iron tools.

No bloodmoon hordes, BUT zombies will be attracted by the heatmap.

High heatmap = almost constant horde mode, BUT only zombies seeing you will

activly try to get through your walls.

Spears.

Traps for small prey.

And some other stuff, but i don't think we'll see it, so i'll stop there.

I honestly do not want bandits one bit, i've played mods with them before, they were not fun. They were bascally aimbots that would see you from a far way away, and kill you before you could find out where your being shot at from. If they do put them in, they need to give bandits special versions of the weapons with far less damage vs players.

True that. Used to get sniped off my mini bike all the time. Not fun, but did enjoy taking all their ammo once I shot them.

I think if they add bandits, they need to confine them to specific POIs instead of randomly encountering them.

I'd like to see a new tier of content. Another level of challenge (could be zombies, bandits, etc.) and another level of items.

By level of items I mean, I want a level of tools/armor/weapons after the current level. For instance, many mods have done this already by adding tool tiers after steel. To me A17 felt like a face lift on A16. Yes there were changes but I am still working towards the same endgame. I'd like to see that endgame get pushed back some.

• Caves! Expansive, procedurally generated caves like we had in prior Alphas, but with enemies and loot. How has no one said this yet?
  • Spears - that is, a longer-range melee weapon that can attack through bars
  • More world art, especially residential items like armoires, indoor lighting, and computers, for more familiar-looking POIs
  • Zombie variety - not more zombie types, but visible variation among individuals. That is, no two Arlenes look exactly the same.
  • Traders without magically invulnerable bases. For instance, they could be traveling traders that follow the roads.
  • An explicit win condition to the game. What I find most compelling is the option after a horde night to reach a rescue vehicle and be transported to a fresh, randomly generated world.

-More reasons to visit biomes, especially in RWG.

There's no particular reason to visit the Snow, Burnt Forest or Wasteland biomes. Anything useful you can find in them you can find in the Forest which is much easier. There should be POIs that only show up in certain biomes as well and zombies, traders and quests with unique loot. There should be some items that can only be obtained from traders and quests.

-Bandits and Behemoths actually getting released.

It's been like 3 alphas and they're still getting delayed.

-Better RWG control

Somehow, RWG is worse than before but has always been generally lacking in options. We should be able to do more with it than enter a seed without having to do tedious and/or complex editing of rwgmixer.xml

-More Zombie Variety

Most of the zombies function the same and have little to no difference between them besides their appearance and minor stat differences.

- Bandits, even though I'm doubting more and more it will be as awesome as we imagine them to be given how complex it is and given how... lackluster the AI is for zombies. And the complexity of a zombie AI is not even remotely close to the complexity of a believable bandit AI...

- An overhauled food system. Food is still way too easy, and while there are many recipes, only a handful are really useful, the rest is mostly there to "fill" the system for no reason. But mostly what is lacking is to make the whole food experience fun and interesting. Right now it just feels like a chore, and is totally unfun since you can live of bacon & eggs with no consequences at all.

- On the same topic, making animals difficult to hunt down / kill without firearms, so that it feels like a real win when you find and succesfully kill one (maybe make them more rare but pack more meat)

- RWG that feels good

- CAVES ! I can't remember exactly which alpha it was, but the one with holes in the ground that led to amazing caves you have to navigate through by scaffolding and digging and replacing was amazing.

Haha Roland, that's cheap. :) You are just posting what you already have in the works.

Guess this way you always get what you want, hehe.

You know how hard bandit AI and water physics would be? I doubt we will get something so big. Well, unless it takes again 1 year maybe,

Archived