Alpha 18 Party Time!

stasis78

Another thing I wouldn't mind is instead of 4 borders of Rad zone, they make one an "Ocean" with a port city, docks and ships they can POI. Investigating huge cargo ships, navy frigates, hospital ships, dock warehouses, rows upon rows of shipping containers and maybe a submerged Sub to swim down to and work through would be a lot of fun.

That would be fun. :-)

Voxels without blocky graphics is what makes this game unique. Larger hordes would be nice, but if that is your primary desire, and you'd be willing to go without 7 Days to Die's amazing voxels, then I'd suggest these 2 upcoming games instead: 'The Black Masses' or 'World War Z'

Its probably to late to shift no voxels, but I'm leaning towards the non voxel camp. Maybe its just me, but I'm really not seeing what huge advantage voxels bring to justify the performance hit.

- P

Its probably to late to shift no voxels, but I'm leaning towards the non voxel camp. Maybe its just me, but I'm really not seeing what huge advantage voxels bring to justify the performance hit.

- P

Underground bases that you can chisel and shape to your hearts content. That's my husband's favourite past time. I don't think he cares that there's nothing to find underground, but it would be cool if there was more ore (quantity and types).

- P

The advantage is that you can design the landscape as you like. In the A15 I spent several weeks to excavate a mountain top to build a fortress.

Significant performance boost (optimization)

Further gameplay customization (turn on/off horde nights, gamestage, zombie stun; make dogs walk etc.)

The walking dead style zombies - slow, dumb, weak, but a ton of them

Skills never gate locked, learn anything if you have skill points for it

Bandits

if this game had an underground like minecraft then i could see the reason for voxels, as it stands though maybe they should bring in abunch more small minable surface rocks and just make it so you cant dig up the ground at all, perhaps have surface rocks respawn like in other survival games too

The below list is not only for Alpha 18:

- NPC (Hostile and Friendly) with animations and moves

- NPC Colonies

- Backpack customization

- Better player animations and model

- Make the map more realistic (better roads, add more props, buildings align to the ground)

- A modern UI (Hide the unlearned recipes or the recipes that needs a crafting station from the main recipe list, Split some things in different windows and not everything in one, bring back the right click option menu to make some actions on our items, make the inventory tab more modern)

- Player Guilds and Trade action

- Player Emotes

- High resolution textures everywhere (maybe make some blocks embossed? For example, cobblestone block make the stones to be embossed)

- More clothes

- Weapon and Armor modifications with visual appear

Why is voxel worth it? Read this from a new player.

Boy what a fun game. What I like about it the most is how simple and robust its core is: you can scrap almost everything that you find to its core resources and you can break anything (any block) you see on the map. I get such a hard-on when I'm looting an abandoned house and that fortified iron door can be simply circumvented by chopping down the wall next to it. I also find amazing how easily you can interact and mutate the environment around you: build stairs to climb buildings or climb out of holes; dig to your heart's content; readily replace the door to your newfound shelter. My previous survival game was Rust, and building and crafting are certainly more strict there than here.

Some of you who are veteran players may have lost the thrill of playing with voxels but for new players they make for a unique and amazing experience.

Why is voxel worth it? Read this from a new player.

Some of you who are veteran players may have lost the thrill of playing with voxels but for new players they make for a unique and amazing experience.

100% this, without voxels this game would not be unique. I know most of the people I game with would abandon this game if voxels were removed. Myself included, voxel make this game top tier great imo.

Oh please not that guy who gets a hard-on from destroying blocks again. I was unfortunate enough to read it once, no need to remind me of it. Not judging tho, whatever floats his boat...

Anyway, why would anyone complain about voxels in the first place?

Hey, i love the voxel thing too, don't get me wrong... Just understand folks that it has a really high cost, and it's why we cant have zombies dying to 1 headshot from the start, and why greens have to be spammed around later on. How else is the game supposed to be hard if you can only have 10 zombies on screen before the FPS takes a big dump?

So yeah, at this point- keep the voxels and go MORE into fallout like direction with super mutants to do battle with. Get more interesting with it, have really freaky mutated zombies with all sorts of cool powers. We'll call it the Z-MEN Starring MOLEVERINE.

How else is the game supposed to be hard if you can only have 10 zombies on screen before the FPS takes a big dump?

A game must be fun and not necessarily difficult. You can make a game extremely hard but it doesn't necessarily make it fun. On the other hand you can make a game that is a lot of fun but not hard at all.

You can add a certain challenge but it has to be balanced. Some games use methods to adjust the difficulty to the player so it's not too easy but not too hard. Players who always want everything to be extremely hard often don't understand that others also want to have their fun but maybe are not so good fighters.

Yeah I do agree there should be weaker zombies and poi's here n there. Not everyplace should be a green spam. But most of it probably should be difficult later on, at least for those of us who play on insane. Just ya know, different kind of mutants instead of just recolors in the future hopefully.

speaking of which...

Someday I'll mutate in a glowing zombie myself! And then you forum people are REALLY in trouble, I'm crazy enough just as a regular cop zombie.

Not just 18 but into the future.

A port area on the edge of a wide river/lake/sea/ocean with port industry, containers, cranes, docks, container ships, possible passenger liner/dock. Skin diving equipment for water exploration.

Larger military base army/navy/airforce, random choice per map.

Small/medium/large air terminal, random choice per map.

Train terminals/stations, goods yards, maintenence yards, tracks.

How about an airdrop directly at your base after survived the 7th day

or stay within like quest when 7th day, kill 10 zombies minimum reward, 30 zombies medium reward, clear horde maximum reward and after clearing it, an npc will show up and give reward, feral count as 2 point, radiated count as 3 point

Defend a POI quest, must defend 3 NPC from horde (30-ish zombie), NPC can follow you like hostage in Counter Strike

Rescue NPC from inside POI to outside, Zombie have maximum spawn limit so no farming, you can give up the quest, NPC & zombies will be disappeared

Zombie Boss

To expand upon your ideas. I think having 7 day (or whatever the setting is) quests to simply live would add to the game.

So. I spawn in. Do all my newb quests. I get a quest that is survive 7 day horde. Get a small or big bonus based on how many of the horde I directly killed \ did damage.

Probably not an original idea and take no credit for it. Just an idea to keep the 7 day horde on players minds. Right now there is no reminder or mention in the game. At all.

Ok FINE it’s in the name of the game. That doesn’t mean there should not be a newb reminder.

Bandits

Customizable RWG - several map settings

More tiers of stuff...scrap tools, wood tools, top tier pistols, auto shotguns....just more stuff

This game suffers from tedium at lower tiers and boredom at high tiers. More tiers of stuff gives us clearer and narrower progression...less wait between tiers means less time just "trying to get to the next level milestone" and allows even skipping tiers...more playstyles. Higher tiers suffer from the "only real option" syndrome, where there is only 1, go-to playstyle to survive...more options (like superior pistols, shotguns, workable VERY high damage rifles) at the top end would give more options for survival.

Bandits are a WAY TOO LONG AWAITED feature to change the game from "how can we murder this one type of enemy most efficiently" to something resembling strategic play.

RWG needs fine tuning, and needs player input....city size, city density, trader numbers, temperature tendency, sleeper density, etc. So that we can make diverse maps that we want to play....Want to play a true desert wasteland? city size and density at minimum, high temperature! Want to play an abandoned metropolis utopia? goldilocks temperature, very high city size and density, turn zombie count as high as it'll go. This feature alone would VASTLY increase the replay value of the game.

Archived