When will the game be released II?

Roland

When will the game be released II?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released II?

• Monday July 30
    • Tuesday July 31
    • Monday August 6
    • Tuesday August 7
    • Monday August 13
    • Tuesday August 14
    • Monday August 20
    • Tuesday August 21
    • Monday August 27
    • Tuesday August 28

2nd week of september -_-

ffs funpimps! We have waited this long and you move it because of laborday? I mean cman... really?

3 more weeks to wait -_-

i know how you feel i am waiting for joel new video coming this week let hope he wil give us some info about the damn release

nono.... release IS the 2nd week of september... one of the streamers said so... and since they only get it 3 days early, well get it there as well.

Uh no. If a streamer said that then they misunderstood. I told them the same thing I said in the dev diary:

Definitely not this weekend, not likely next weekend due to holiday but possible, but possibly the week after if they are ready.

Don’t go looking at that as some kind of promise for September 7th. Personally I think it’s a good guess but it could easily be the 14th or later.

Uh no. If a streamer said that then they misunderstood. I told them the same thing I said in the dev diary:

Definitely not this weekend, not likely next weekend due to holiday but possible, but possibly the week after if they are ready.

Don’t go looking at that as some kind of promise for September 7th. Personally I think it’s a good guess but it could easily be the 14th or later.

Damn it Roland, I've got next week off work and you just crushed my dreams :playful:

Still, at least you've now confirmed that we will, absolutely, no doubt, without fail have release no later than 7th Sept... Wait, that is what you said, right? :cower:

Seriously though, even though i was *hoping* to be able to play next week, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Keep up the good work Pimps, it's looking awesome.

That reads like "Mumble mumble promise for September 7th. Personally I think it’s mumble mumble the 14th mumble" for discerning forum users.

Uh Oh.

i know how you feel i am waiting for joel new video coming this week let hope he wil give us some info about the damn release

OMG...I hope that’s the last thing he does.

Isn't he one of the ones who complained about broken release date promises? At this point, it's just some sort of BDSM for these people.

Roland, if you could just edit that post and add some smileys in, we could keep busy until at least October speculating what the smileys mean. :cocksure:

Perfect to hear thanks for the info roland

ffs funpimps! We have waited this long

SO that a few weeks make no differrence.

I like how they do it after the disaster with the last empyrion patch

(A patch that make a wipe necessary a few weeks after a big update with a stale release after a month of experimental)

Sure i would like to play it allready. But since this is not possible i play other games in the meantime

Back in my day, you'd go to the gaming store, and you'd buy a game right off the shelf dagnabbit!

The first one I bought that didn't come on a cassette tape was Wizardry, and it cost $50.00. In 1981 with $50 you could buy dinner (for two), cab fair , and a prostitute (for two). "Triple-A game" also meant something totally different.

You'd get home and tear off the cellophane and load up a

game which you could play right then and there. No alphas, betas or EA...this wasn't a do-it-yourself project....games weren't puzzles!!...they came finished!!

...and, if it didn't work for some reason, you could call a support phone number and talk to a pleasant sounding person who'd walk you through getting your game to work!

(I am like 1000% serious about like 35% of this.)

-Morloc

Back in my day, you'd go to the gaming store, and you'd buy a game right off the shelf dagnabbit!

The first one I bought that didn't come on a cassette tape was Wizardry, and it cost $50.00. In 1981 with $50 you could buy dinner (for two), cab fair , and a prostitute (for two). "Triple-A game" also meant something totally different.

You'd get home and tear off the cellophane and load up a

game which you could play right then and there. No alphas, betas or EA...this wasn't a do-it-yourself project....games weren't puzzles!!...they came finished!!

...and, if it didn't work for some reason, you could call a support phone number and talk to a pleasant sounding person who'd walk you through getting your game to work!

(I am like 1000% serious about like 35% of this.)

-Morloc

And if you needed to know the time for some reason you could dial POP-CORN on the phone and you could find that out too.

And if you needed to know the time for some reason you could dial POP-CORN on the phone and you could find that out too.

Oooo...yes. There used to be a number you could call which would dial your phone after you hung up...but I can't recall what it was.

-Morloc

I've had second weekend of September in my head for a while now, it seems about right.

I may be completely wrong of course but a part of me is certain it'll be around then, maybe the the previous weekend, maybe the following weekend.

Did anyone glean any relevant information from the streamers? I tried to watch Glock9's video but damn, that blokes voice is boring. I'm sure he's a lovely chap but he needs to spend the day learning the arts of inflection and projection from Brian Blessed.

Definitely Not Safe For Work... You have been warned.

I've had second weekend of September in my head for a while now, it seems about right.

I may be completely wrong of course but a part of me is certain it'll be around then, maybe the the previous weekend, maybe the following weekend.

Did anyone glean any relevant information from the streamers? I tried to watch Glock9's video but damn, that blokes voice is boring. I'm sure he's a lovely chap but he needs to spend the day learning the arts of inflection and projection from Brian Blessed.

Definitely Not Safe For Work... You have been warned.

skippy said in his video that he recieved a email daying it will be mid september

stuff n thoughts

September 14th / 17th would be my guess :)

I really love this game and have my own BlueFang server etc....but I have to say I am pretty well over it and have cancelled my subscription. One things that keeps bugging me when I think about it is Joel's videos on Youtube. They are just thrown together without much thought and it really does appear that Joel really isn't aware of what is going on in the production of A17. He seems disconnected from the game and the process on some level.

He's a great guy and means well. I've well gotten my money's worth out of the game and have enjoyed it immensely. I am just not excited about it anymore, regardless of what they update/change/add.

Good luck in the future, everyone.

I am just not excited about it anymore, regardless of what they update/change/add.

You're saying you got tired of a video game? I could give you a list of over 200 games I'm just not excited about anymore. Never really felt the need to go online and inform anyone of it though. Just seemed like the natural course of existence.

skippy said in his video that he recieved a email daying it will be mid september

Well I can tell you what the email said because I sent it and you can be the judge of how you want to interpret it.

I told the streamers it would definitely not be the weekend of August 24th. I said the weekend of the 31st was a holiday weekend so it might not work out depending on whether TFP planned to observe it. I said the possibility would grow stronger with each weekend after that.

Sounds to me that the streamers have made their own judgement call but it there is no official target date released from TFP other than it's done when it's done.

You're saying you got tired of a video game? I could give you a list of over 200 games I'm just not excited about anymore. Never really felt the need to go online and inform anyone of it though. Just seemed like the natural course of existence.

You could probably list 200 games you're not excited about anymore, but how many of those games have been stuck in Early Access for long years and for how many of those games you personally receive early updates, while most other players don't? You know, it's always easy to call it "the natural course of existence", but your position isn't the same as his, is it? I would have agreed with you if the game was already finished, I would have agreed with you also if people weren't stuck with the same unfinished version for a year without seeing any actual progress, but in this case I just feel like you've been the insider for too long to understand the regular player's point of view. No offense.

EDIT: As for the topic, the last option is unrealistic. I guess this poll should be remade.

Archived