When will the game be released II?

Roland

When will the game be released II?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released II?

• Monday July 30
    • Tuesday July 31
    • Monday August 6
    • Tuesday August 7
    • Monday August 13
    • Tuesday August 14
    • Monday August 20
    • Tuesday August 21
    • Monday August 27
    • Tuesday August 28

Sounds to me like reddit is more your scene than here. I've said it many times, you are welcome to complain and be insulting about the developers and share conspiracy theories all the day long over at places like Reddit. But not here. You want to get your fix of Roland bashing then go there and fill page and pages. Have fun with that.

I sure hope you get paid for moderating...

Sounds to me like reddit is more your scene than here. I've said it many times, you are welcome to complain and be insulting about the developers and share conspiracy theories all the day long over at places like Reddit. But not here. You want to get your fix of Roland bashing then go there and fill page and pages. Have fun with that.

LMAO nice reply love it .

If you think Roland has patience... and he does... check out the "Console" section.

THAAAAAAAT is where you see some serious complaining.

Think about it.... someone has to walk away from their console, log into their computer [or use phone] and post.

You'd have to be pretty inspired or ticked off to post in there.

Not much in the way of average posts in that section.

Clare handles those folks and she's gotta to have a pair of wings or something.

How she's got the patience to put up with so much whining is beyond me.

~Lucky

Working-Castle-Tribute-to-A16-Plus-bonus-tips-video

Yep, Clare is the best of all of us. True that.

I'm shamefully copy-pasting a reply from Reddit here. This is very much how I feel.

You don't shove in something major like an engine upgrade as a last minute addition. Even if it looks simple, you commit all the other changes first, then fork your repository (I hope you have one?) and try the engine upgrade separately. If it's a clean upgrade, great! Include it in the new build. Otherwise, revert it, push the latest build out, and then start incorporating the updated engine, when there isn't a time constraint imposed by a brigade of angry customers.

Seriously, you guys have had how many engine upgrades at this point? You must know that it's never a clean deal.

I'm not complaining about the delayed update. I couldn't care less to be honest. I'll play it when it's ready. I have other games to keep me occupied until then. I just don't understand why you keep shooting yourself in the foot like this. You need someone better at build management / project management coordinating this stuff.

I'm shamefully copy-pasting a reply from Reddit here. This is very much how I feel.

You don't shove in something major like an engine upgrade as a last minute addition. Even if it looks simple, you commit all the other changes first, then fork your repository (I hope you have one?) and try the engine upgrade separately. If it's a clean upgrade, great! Include it in the new build. Otherwise, revert it, push the latest build out, and then start incorporating the updated engine, when there isn't a time constraint imposed by a brigade of angry customers.

Seriously, you guys have had how many engine upgrades at this point? You must know that it's never a clean deal.

I'm not complaining about the delayed update. I couldn't care less to be honest. I'll play it when it's ready. I have other games to keep me occupied until then. I just don't understand why you keep shooting yourself in the foot like this. You need someone better at build management / project management coordinating this stuff.

well they dont know the future now do they ? they updated the engine cus they did

well if that guy is not complaining about the delay then why complain lol

well they dont know the future now do they ? they updated the engine cus they did

I've been using the 2018 build of unity since beta because I needed the new c# job system. A few months ago I pointed out that TFP would get a lot of use out of the job system but I also pointed out that the new shader system completely borked every single shader I had written and that they had to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Two weeks later TFP upgraded to unity 2018... lo and behold... it borked all of their shaders which caused further delays.

They can't say they weren't warned.

I've been using the 2018 build of unity since beta because I needed the new c# job system. A few months ago I pointed out that TFP would get a lot of use out of the job system but I also pointed out that the new shader system completely borked every single shader I had written and that they had to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Two weeks later TFP upgraded to unity 2018... lo and behold... it borked all of their shaders which caused further delays.

They can't say they weren't warned.

hopefully they learned from this mistake

They've been making a game for the past 5 years, right? I guess that would give them some experience regarding the development of games.

Heck, I have 0 experience regarding this, but I would guess an engine update, a few weeks prior to releasing the update, will most likely cause problems and hence the current delays.

I think every sign shows a look the alpha 17 release date is near 2019.March.

7 days to die is dead [rip]

It will be released...but it also is dead? I know that Trump gets to make contradictory statements like this, but the rest of us do not have that luxury. You cannot have it both ways.

This assumes that there was a concrete release date, no?

For all we know, they had heard about Unity 2018's release, and it actually was part of the plan to use it for A17. (It would have been funny if Unity 2018 had a release delay. A forum full of devs would start saying, "Darn. Delays happen. We were hoping to use this in our next update, but I'll guess we'll have to wait." I digress.) When it finally was time to incorporate it, they did so according to the plan. That created problems, as happens when updating major systems, and they will release the update when that work is done.

If only we were privvy to the project plans of TFP. We might see the whiteboard for A17 with "Unity2018!!!" circled and starred on it because they were excited to incorporate it.

The one who gets the job at TFP will have safe employment for the rest of his or her life, since this game will never be finished!

That wouldn't result in safe employment for the rest of their life because a "never-ending" development would result in it needing to be shut down at some point.

Seriously, do they not teach logic in school these days?

That wouldn't result in safe employment for the rest of their life because a "never-ending" development would result in it needing to be shut down at some point.

Seriously, do they not teach logic in school these days?

Well you will you get rich af when it close the people who worked since 2013 damn they are lucky

- - - Updated - - -

me nope i know how to wait ;)

Good that why i said it will make it worst for such cold blood people likeyou ... i can imagine that a17 will be released in 2020 if you are in charge

This assumes that there was a concrete release date, no?

For all we know, they had heard about Unity 2018's release, and it actually was part of the plan to use it for A17. (It would have been funny if Unity 2018 had a release delay. A forum full of devs would start saying, "Darn. Delays happen. We were hoping to use this in our next update, but I'll guess we'll have to wait." I digress.) When it finally was time to incorporate it, they did so according to the plan. That created problems, as happens when updating major systems, and they will release the update when that work is done.

If only we were privvy to the project plans of TFP. We might see the whiteboard for A17 with "Unity2018!!!" circled and starred on it because they were excited to incorporate it.

I think it much more likely that they simply don't care much about having a set release date. When the opportunity was there they probably knew the chance was high for problems but whats another month if there is a high chance of "profit".

Well you will you get rich af when it close the people who worked since 2013 damn they are lucky

- - - Updated - - -

Good that why i said it will make it worst for such cold blood people likeyou ... i can imagine that a17 will be released in 2020 if you are in charge

if you where incharge you would release an unfinished product.

if you where incharge you would release an unfinished product.

Hell no ...I will work day and night for the game to get released asap not leaving my constumers in a void and lack of community

Unfinished prodect huh... a16 was unfinished product sleepers .. the bike falling in the word since 2014 that was unfinished .... uncountable bugs that was unfinished product..i guess the whole game since a1 is unfinished product

Archived