Which is the more important main feature of the game?

Roland

Which is the more important main feature of the game?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the more important main feature of the game?

• A story driven by main and side quests.
    • A randomly generated world with smooth terrain.

So this came up in the dev diary and it got me curious about what people feel about this issue. So vote and discuss.

No contest in my mind. If I don't ever need to hit the [space bar] to keep on jumping up every layer of blocks again it'll be to soon.

I can always make up my own story in just about any game like this. I don't need a full story to run off of but that's just my take.

Without smooth terrain and all the work that went into it, how well will it look for those nifty new vehicles anyways? would be kinda hard to make that jeep look cool going over blocky terrain. ;)

Random quests, even repetitive as well as different world events(recurring) >>> story campaign

You can't have actual story, you can have some lore, but not personal or world story, because once that ends, you're left with that empty feeling inside and subnautica as good as it is is prime example of that early burnout due to completing story.

I'm voting quests exclusively because there is no separate option for them, but I am NOT supporting main story at all.

Plus, actual quests and "story" around them should require different resources then smooth terrain, which is mostly programming, while quests require much more planning and balancing designer role.

TO ME... the story line probably means absolutely nothing to people who want to level up, build, explore, mine resources kill zombies or play against other players.... i have played plenty of games where they had a story line to tell... i find ways to skip them as i dont care about them and i feel it wastes my time.

so the serious note is... how many times does someone actually watch or read the story line without getting bored?

No spite. Just curiosity. To feel spite I would have to believe that Dead Mole got the better of me and I needed to prove something. Guppy said I don't understand enough the frustrations of the common man due to horrible communication and my access to the celestial halls of jira. This is me communicating and learning.

Maybe there are more people than we think who feel the story is more important than random gen....or maybe its about what we thought it would be.

@guppy: boo!

No spite. Just curiosity. To feel spite I would have to believe that Dead Mole got the better of me and I needed to prove something. Guppy said I don't understand enough the frustrations of the common man due to horrible communication and my access to the celestial halls of jira. This is me communicating and learning.

Maybe there are more people than we think who feel the story is more important than random gen....or maybe its about what we thought it would be.

@guppy: boo!

Roland, your communication is as good as it can possibly be.. considering you have your hands tied and not able to give us new info about upcoming content..

Not your fault.. hell I can see Madmoles point of view on this. The whining masses of people when a feature gets delayed is disgusting to deal with. Though I would personally love more info on planned features and dates... and I wouldnt raise hell when its delayed.

For example just tell us if bandits are in A17 or not.. Id just like to know..either way. Or if they arent sure yet.. tell us that...

Archived