Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I know there is still a bit of time until actually being released but to my own utter astonishment I may actually live to see A17!

Also... ♥♥♥♥ cancer!

Thanks 7DTD for keeping me sane for so many many hours. So many good people here.

Nice to see you're still with us Gobarg.

And yes, ♥♥♥♥ cancer!

Hey Madmole, with the health bar in place, does this mean maybe we could have proceedurly stronger zombies? as in if the gamestage is going up maybe their health or LVL will increase as well? Would be neat to kill say one nurse who has like 100 health and find another one that has 120 because your gamestage is going up, what do you think? I only like the idea because it just means we can't become overly godly with our gear.

Question 2, its smaller, but do zombies actually aim for the head? ive never had to repair my helmet or face piece.

Hey Madmole, with the health bar in place, does this mean maybe we could have proceedurly stronger zombies? as in if the gamestage is going up maybe their health or LVL will increase as well? Would be neat to kill say one nurse who has like 100 health and find another one that has 120 because your gamestage is going up, what do you think? I only like the idea because it just means we can't become overly godly with our gear.

Question 2, its smaller, but do zombies actually aim for the head? ive never had to repair my helmet or face piece.

tbf zelda botw is garbage specifically because all the enemies scale with you so you never feel any stronger than you did in the beginning of the game. You should feel like you are getting stronger otherwise there's no point to technological or level progression

I hate artificially scaling enemies. Scaling difficulty in other ways is fine, like adding screamers, spiders, wights, and cops. Giving new abilities to the enemies, etc.

Hi Madmole, Thanks for the video. Will any of the melee weapons get some loving in regards to animations in A17? I've still noticed in the video that the spiked club is somewhat framey in its animation as well as other melee weapons and some guns(the axe is a a good example of what a nice smooth animation should look like and is currently implemented in A16). Also will zombies be tweaked in their reaction after being hit? I'm noticing some delayed reactions or no animation at all(especially when they are stunned on the ground). Even if its just a small jolt without triggering mo-cap could symbolize a hit. Loving the power swings and hope there's a sound to go with it.

I love melee in games and considering you spend a big part at the start using it(and later on) then it makes for a more polished experience.

tbf zelda botw is garbage specifically because all the enemies scale with you so you never feel any stronger than you did in the beginning of the game. You should feel like you are getting stronger otherwise there's no point to technological or level progression

I hate artificially scaling enemies. Scaling difficulty in other ways is fine, like adding screamers, spiders, wights, and cops. Giving new abilities to the enemies, etc.

Fair enough, im more thinking of maybe an option we can enable, cause i did not mind it in dead island, the zombies scaled with you so you and them were not over powered, and to get stronger you needed special and modded gear, i would have it as a toggle option myself, and if you toggle it say you cant switch difficulty, maybe something that can be added to gamestage is more runners during the day that are not feral and slowly progress to runners all the time? im mainly spitballing ideas lol.

This got my attention. So no more digging underground or sitting on a rooftop, huh? How exactly is this possible? In order to get you they'd have to take the house down or dig down to get you.

Update looking great, btw.

Easy, climbing and digging has been disabled (for the player) for A17. 😁

I'm definitely against health bars.

Don't like em and don't plan to buy anything they offer!

I mean seriously who thinks a Health Bar in the middle of an Apocalypse is a good idea in the first place?

Write to your local political representative, organise a petition.

Just say No to Health Bars!

:)

There's no way they'll keep the health bars for release... they have to be just for dev use...

...you can "see" zombies in the dark with them, making any scary moments entirely useless. The pimps know this, ergo, no hp bars in release.

/guppy logicing since 1971

There's no way they'll keep the health bars for release... they have to be just for dev use...

...you can "see" zombies in the dark with them, making any scary moments entirely useless. The pimps know this, ergo, no hp bars in release.

I like the way you think Guppy.

I'll let you buy me a beer anytime mate.

I was also wondering about that, seeing that bar pop up would take away from the fear factor. this is not World of Warcraft

I'm going to just say I got rekt hard in two cut video sequences. The AI mysteriously swarms around you and you get surrounded and with the new movement system you can't simply run circles around them any more, so combat and entering a POI is harder, the AI is better and you had better be on your toes. Manage your stamina too. It all needs much balancing, but I see this as "its going to be totally awesome, living in fear again" and there will be no safe place on horde night. The old cheesy rooftop exploit or digging underground will not save you.

BTW, I didn't get rekt because its too hard, but because I made mistakes. The levels are set up in a way to organically surround you if you aren't aware of your surroundings. I think footsteps are broken too so that added to me getting rekt.

Just saw the video. About the swarming. I noticed that you were not looking around much. A few times I saw the sleepers that you past near by but you did not seem to see them. The first one was in the doorway near the entrance of the church you were going into.

The other was right next to you and you walked right by it to attack the Hungry zombie.

You seemed to be distracted while doing this video. You good?

Release the Kraken

Love the video. Thanks for taking the time to make it for us. Love the view including all the trees. Both the new trees and the distant ones. Also see the bugs that you guys are working out. Looks much better than the last video.

One thing that I would love to see worked on are the roads. They really could use some work.

Great work guys. :)

Just saw the video. About the swarming. I noticed that you were not looking around much. A few times I saw the sleepers that you past near by but you did not seem to see them. The first one was in the doorway near the entrance of the church you were going into.

The other was right next to you and you walked right by it to attack the Hungry zombie.

You seemed to be distracted while doing this video. You good?

Making videos is distracting. I almost never die when I play solo and just for fun. When I make a video, and I'm talking to the audience that will be watching later, I get distracted, miss details, and get wrecked. It's really easy when I'm in editing later on, to see all the things I missed at the time.

Making videos is distracting. I almost never die when I play solo and just for fun. When I make a video, and I'm talking to the audience that will be watching later, I get distracted, miss details, and get wrecked. It's really easy when I'm in editing later on, to see all the things I missed at the time.

Same here.

When no one is watching me I'm the best gamer ever to walk the earth (FIGJAM) but as soon as some one is watching me I turn into something a whole lot more ordinary. ;)

Hmmmmm.....I know about the rooftop (and it’s terrifying) but not about the underground (which is the one I’m most interested in learning...)

Me too! I guess they will attack your hatch/frame to get down to the fresh meat. I've always wanted vertical warfare back so this is a real treat for me. :)

This time, I will not share my counter plans I will try, as they could be considered spoilers.

Shotgun now looks strong again at short range.

That sucks, I liked the way the HP bars looked :( So im kind of hoping you're wrong :p

That sucks, I liked the way the HP bars looked :( So im kind of hoping you're wrong :p

I actually like the health bar. I like the rpg feel of it. Maybe they can have it show only after you hit target? So you can't just scan a area with your weapon to see all zombies if you know what I mean.

You could always just make it a option in the GUI section of the options and then you could enable/disable it according to your preferences but I agree that even with it enabled you shouldn't be able to see it until you do damage to the mob.

Archived