Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

My takeaway is that if this is a soap opera Malthis should be making a surprising and dramatic return any day now with an incredible story of what he suffered while gone and adding tension to mine and Guppy’s tenuous relationship. (Guppy and I would be more secure except for his recent and overt attraction to faatal).

Rollycur lovechild confirmed for a17! Has a chance to attract a Scorned Faatal on spawn.

Easier? I'm on day 5 on my current SP game and think I've found 3 without even looking for them.

Yeah, that happens sometimes. It really depends on the map in RG. Sometimes you find stuff real easy and others, it's much harder.

What is the easiest way to find traders?

Anybody?

I have found a few by looing for the long thin towers that they have but I can't seem to find Trader Joe.

And stay tuned for another exciting episode of "All my Zombies".

Will Roland get his no GUI screen?

Will Guppy get Roland?

Will Royal Deluxe use his massive cheese bread empire to destroy true love?

Will Aldranon actually type something pertaining to the game?

All this and more after these messages from our sponsors...

giphy.gif

I know there is a way to generate the map in random gen with a console command while we play. purpose was to lower server lag while players drive around and no longer chunk generating. is there a way we can get an app or a menu stage button to push that would generate it faster out of the actual game to speed it up? as it stood, after 4 hours of gameplay, it still wasn't done generating the map while in play.

I know there is a way to generate the map in random gen with a console command while we play. purpose was to lower server lag while players drive around and no longer chunk generating. is there a way we can get an app or a menu stage button to push that would generate it faster out of the actual game to speed it up? as it stood, after 4 hours of gameplay, it still wasn't done generating the map while in play.

Players drive around? Your players had minibikes within 4 hours of a new game created?

Edit: I guess I could've tried to answer your question too. I really think I recall seeing a thread about this a while back and there was a way to keep the chunk loading going even with no one in the game. My search skills on this forum are awful though so I couldn't find it.

Players drive around? Your players had minibikes within 4 hours of a new game created?

Edit: I guess I could've tried to answer your question too. I really think I recall seeing a thread about this a while back and there was a way to keep the chunk loading going even with no one in the game. My search skills on this forum are awful though so I couldn't find it.

visitmap -10000 -10000 10000 10000

voila :)

Cheers

not a question since I stated that after 4 hours it still wasnt done with the line command in game. I was requesting to see if they can make one on the menu or a small app to do so?

not a question since I stated that after 4 hours it still wasnt done with the line command in game. I was requesting to see if they can make one on the menu or a small app to do so?

on my server it takes 30 hours to generate complete map. All depending on your system but i think thats pretty standard (loooooots of chunks to generate).

Cheers

Sorry, I thought you were asking about a method that works even when players aren't online.

I think the one couple above this post does work without anyone online. If that one keeps generating even with no one logged on, I'm not sure what the advantage to having a menu item to do it would be. It will still take a LOT of hours.

Sorry, I thought you were asking about a method that works even when players aren't online.

I think the one couple above this post does work without anyone online. If that one keeps generating even with no one logged on, I'm not sure what the advantage to having a menu item to do it would be. It will still take a LOT of hours.

actually generating map on the same system that is also generating visuals slows the machine way down. if all it had to do was generate the code aspect, it significantly cuts the time down due to allocation of resources. on an actual server you can have it run with no one online. but in a lan situation, the server and one of the players is the same machine. which means someone is online with it, no afk, time is running. person will starve etc. plus resources for code generating the chunks is split between low grade background gen and the game actually playing.

menu option, hit generate map, go to bed, watch a movie, go to work, return to comp and play with the friends on lan or steam or

#2 an separate app that generates it. but that would be asking alot

Exp bar movement!

Look at that EXP bar go! If it wasn't obvious, I am VERY excited about A17. All of the videos and information just keep digging the hook deeper and deeper in to my lip. I keep playing 7DtD A16 and have been talking to myself while playing saying things like, "OH YEAH, CHEERLEADER! WAIT UNTIL I RUN YOU OVER WITH MY JEEP!!" The wording tends to be a bit more colorful, but I am trying to be sensitive to "sensitive" readers.

Keep up the good work, Pimps!!! Really looking forward to A17!!!

I posted around a week ago asking a question that may have been over look. In the last Video made it shows zombie health bars indication you know how many hits it will take to tear that foe down. Personally I like more the fear of not knowing. The mystery if that zombie is going to get back up after being gunned down. Plus when you have a raid night and zombies are running crazy all over, would that just make it difficult to try and target on one zombie and shoot them down till their health is gone? Or wouldn't all those health bars flashing back and forth cause a bit of strain on your system. I just think for the thrill of the game, its more exciting to shoot down a zombie... Think they are dead and be shocked when they actually start getting back up. I just feel that's the way it should be. Maybe I'm a minority in this idea, but how much effort would it at least take to add something in the config files to disable zombie health bars?

Archived