Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I have been reading this thread since the beginning and often felt like posting something, but never have for fear of saying something silly and being mocked for all eternity. But now I got my big boy pants on, I believe Guppy calls them diapers, and I am ready join in on the insanity that is the A17 Dev Diary.

From my studies, it appears my first post must be to either whine/complain about how the changes in A17 are not living up to my expectations and that the devs are wasting all their time because I am butt hurt or to ask if there is an update on the release date. Since SnowDog cleary has that first part covered, I will go with the latter.

So...Any updates on a release date for A17?

Either "when it's ready" or "the devs have abanonded the game". Choose. Your. Side.

Either "when it's ready" or "the devs have abanonded the game". Choose. Your. Side.

I am pretty much of the opinion, It has been a great game and I have had more than enough enjoyment when playing. If it were to stop now or go gold I would still be happy with the results. Anything added from here on, whether it be "Amazing" or a "Groundbreaking change" is welcomed and appreciated.

But then this at the very least cuts in half the need to create more arrows. So while cool its another feature that eliminates the need to gather and craft. Although I am sure the gaming experts around here will let me know how wrong I am for having that opinion.

Which proves the old theory that the more devs and programmers you throw at a project, the more complicated it becomes. Plus that guy is super passionate and committed. He recently quit his full time job JUST to work on the game, which I think speaks very well for the future of that game. The Hunters in that game are exemplary and VERy fun to deal with. Hopefully we see something similar if Bandits make it in here.

Oh how I dream - Have bandits like the hunters - build their own base over time, have to fight the zombies, retaliatory attacks on your base....

I have been reading this thread since the beginning and often felt like posting something, but never have for fear of saying something silly and being mocked for all eternity. But now I got my big boy pants on, I believe Guppy calls them diapers, and I am ready join in on the insanity that is the A17 Dev Diary.

From my studies, it appears my first post must be to either whine/complain about how the changes in A17 are not living up to my expectations and that the devs are wasting all their time because I am butt hurt or to ask if there is an update on the release date. Since SnowDog cleary has that first part covered, I will go with the latter.

So...Any updates on a release date for A17?

how dare you asking release dates? we dont like your kind around here!

I would love a zombie apocolypse to happen in real life, it helps with immersion.

It is happening, they all stare in a small retrangular shaped device, sucking useless information to avoid other people.

I just hope the apocalypce does not invole zombies depending only by a display turned on. It will be pretty boring apocalypce.

I am pretty much of the opinion, It has been a great game and I have had more than enough enjoyment when playing. If it were to stop now or go gold I would still be happy with the results. Anything added from here on, whether it be "Amazing" or a "Groundbreaking change" is welcomed and appreciated.

I know, right?

...although I truly get peoples opinions on this (that they paid for a game with x features, and despite their 2k hours they want what they paid for), I'm with you... I paid pennies on the hour for entertainment that's still keeping me going, even if all I'm doing is modding.

I know, right?

...although I truly get peoples opinions on this (that they paid for a game with x features, and despite their 2k hours they want what they paid for), I'm with you... I paid pennies on the hour for entertainment that's still keeping me going, even if all I'm doing is modding.

Yeah... value wise this is easily the best game purchase I've ever made.

EDIT: I post AND play.

Yeah, can't get fully behind this sentiment.

If the owners of TFP just dropped everything and stopped any further development it would bring into question on whether they have what it takes for any new project they came up with.

Now if they drop A17 and said they're going gold and did some clean up? I would be pretty OK with it.

Not that I'm worried about them just stopping everything right now. I'm just giving my opinion if the unlikely ever happened and they closed up shop right now.

Did anyone noticed any move of the red bar?

If you look at it quickly with the left eye first then switch to seeing it with the right eye you can obviously see it move towards being less :playful:

Roland's animation skills are awesome ;)

Archived