Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Chances vary. There will be a solution.

I know, I was just hoping I could egg Roland or Gup or someone into giving me one of those classy yet scathing replies which leaves your head spinning, wondering whether or not you were really just insulted.

We have to do a pass on what is drive through and what collides, what is breakable, etc. Its barely in first peek sort of thing. And by we I mean GaZZ.

Maybe while you guys are doing that you can fix it so when it hits a trash bag it flattens and not destroys them so people can still find loot in them in MP. Maybe a different loot list of what would survive being ran over and some broken bits of stuff.

I'm going to be strict for the next few pages to keep things on topic. Please do not ask for release dates. They will not be given. However, you may guess at a release month for A17 here. The poll closes January 31st so if you want to be able to say "I told you so" with proof you only have a smidge more than a week to make your guess.

Speaking of "I told you so"...what'd I say about that Jeep HP bar..... :upset:

I didn't even notice that the first time. I was too busy looking at how the jeep worked.

MM, on a video with a jeep, the character twists the steering wheel using the appropriate animation. Does this mean that we should expect the appearance of a first-person view from the cabin? In my opinion, the view from the cabin is more atmospheric than the view from the third person

MM, on a video with a jeep, the character twists the steering wheel using the appropriate animation. Does this mean that we should expect the appearance of a first-person view from the cabin? In my opinion, the view from the cabin is more atmospheric than the view from the third person

+1 to having first-person as an option when driving vehicles.

would be nice to have a "roadmap" or a "want to do" list, like i said before.

just to show a sample: https://rust.facepunch.com/roadmap/

+community polls what we would like to see next :)

I think you are out of luck on that. There is a roadmap but they aren't releasing it to the public. Not even to Rust Buddies....

Hi Guys, I just wanted open up discussion of Alpha 17. Sorry we have been tight lipped about it, but I wanted to try something different this time where we talk about finished or work in progress features rather than stuff we simply planned. This leads to less frustration because usually once something is started we finish it, where its easy to plan a bunch of stuff and have it slip through the cracks, which is disappointing for all of us.

I like the jeep a lot because it reminds me of Halo's Warthog. It looks like a blast to drive off road and over your enemies, and you can give your buddy a ride, too. The only thing missing is a machine gun turret in the back.

Everyone, including the devs, can see that vehicle/block collisions are still an issue. So I'd just like to summarize the suggestions so far and add one of my own.

1. Remove the debris (ParaSyt)

2. Vault/roll over the debris more smoothly (using angled collision) (Kamuchi, ozzysfang, ZombieHorde)

3. Drive through the debris (no collision) (bida2, The Batman, Anabella)

4. Destroy the debris (more block damage) (Kamuchi, Guppycur)

5. It's not so bad as is (DaVegaNL, beerfly)

6. Make the vehicle heavier (archergod)

7. Slow down when driving through debris (speed/friction modifier for blocks) (Crater Creator)

The speed/friction modifier would be good for representing 'softer' collisions, and great for things like tall grass and sand that you don't really 'collide' with, but are still worse to drive on than pavement.

Play Sphereii’s invisible hud mod for a few days and then go back to default. You won’t be able to not see the reticle.

I can always see the reticle when it draws. You're supposed to see the reticle. It wouldn't serve its purpose otherwise.

Maybe while you guys are doing that you can fix it so when it hits a trash bag it flattens and not destroys them so people can still find loot in them in MP. Maybe a different loot list of what would survive being ran over and some broken bits of stuff.

*Runs down the street placing one unit of broken glass or nails in every trash pile*

*Hides in the bushes and giggles maniacally*

I can always see the reticle when it draws. You're supposed to see the reticle. It wouldn't serve its purpose otherwise.

Not everybody has perfect vision, I believe this is more of a problem for the colour blind players. It can also be an issue if you're aiming at something where the background is a similar colour to the reticle.

The standard solution is to use a two-tone reticle with a dark border around a light icon or vice-versa. This allows the reticle to be seen on both dark and light backgrounds. I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been implemented already.

I finally got around to watching the jeep video and I gotta say I am very happy with the progress and hearing that the game itself is basically getting a makeover, its going to be awesome, I guess the only questions I have is will the storage on the jeep be slightly bigger than on the minibike? and the second question is since the game had to be rewritten from the ground up to help with some of the changes will it be heavier on computers or run smoother? Aside from those im quite happy with what is going on and all i can see is smooth sailing from here on out, im loving everything that has come to pass so far.

Great video MM and TFPs. One thing about the jeep, when you destroy something by running it over it destroys the item and leaves a hole in the ground. I.e. When you ran over the trash it had disappeared (got destroyed) and a hole also appeared where the bag was. Is this by design to have craters all over, or is that still work in progress?

A17, 2018, A17, 2018!! Woot woot.

As mention, using the name Jeep in game is probably a copyright violation. Therefore, I hereby nominate that vehicle to be referred to as BAMF.

Please add this logo to rear gate!

il_fullxfull.1023185034_l26o.jpg

Jeep has copyright for this? I thought that Jeep is usual call for offroad vehicles like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for posting link, but this should be noticed. I don't want to see one day that my jeep dissapear due to copyright bull♥♥♥♥♥.

Site. https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-i-use-the-word--jeep--on-a-tee-shirt-for-resal-2167069.html

+1 I wanna have the option too

Play Sphereii’s invisible hud mod for a few days and then go back to default. You won’t be able to not see the reticle.

That being said once there is time to do so it would be nice to offer color options if it improves quality of play for those who need it

i cant see the damn thing now. its BS that I have to jump thru hoops just to play a normal game HOPING that my arrow or bullet will hit the target. Having to use a third party tool means i cant play on EAC servers with it in use. It really pisses me off that people are so inconsiderate of others with physical problems like my eye problems. Screw you for telling me to go play this mod or that one just because i cant see white clearly. I suppose you'd tip someone over that in a wheel chair just to spite them too.

i cant see the damn thing now. its BS that I have to jump thru hoops just to play a normal game HOPING that my arrow or bullet will hit the target. Having to use a third party tool means i cant play on EAC servers with it in use. It really pisses me off that people are so inconsiderate of others with physical problems like my eye problems. Screw you for telling me to go play this mod or that one just because i cant see white clearly. I suppose you'd tip someone over that in a wheel chair just to spite them too.

hey bud chill out. while i understand your frustration and will agree with you on certain aspects... you do not have to resort to being overly belligerent with your complaints and insight. don't be like others, be calm and let's have a civil conversation.

now here's what i did and it is all i or anyone can do.

i just now (actually a few minutes ago before typing this post), just submitted a feature request for those with visual impairments to have an option to change size, shape and color of the reticle. i have seen this done on many games. it's now up to the fun pimps to accept or deny adding it. good luck :)

Archived