Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

My brother is and I’ve visited him a few times. It really is eerie driving through the landscape there having played the game. The devs really nailed it.

Yeah. I've ridden though part of Arizona and from what I could see. I was really different.

I've spent some time in Nevada. It is a lot different than living in Virginia.

Your brother doesn't play this game does he? 00

Hope not. That might really mess with his head. lol

My brother is and I’ve visited him a few times. It really is eerie driving through the landscape there having played the game. The devs really nailed it.

The only thing we are missing are Joshua Trees...for some reason , it is not letting upload my pics...oh well...but needless to say I took those pics in Arizona...you see them thru California , Nevada , Arizona , New Mexico and Utah as far as I have seen with my own eyes ;)

I live in Tempe (outside of Phoenix) and it's a pretty good replication. Northern AZ definitely looks like the grass biomes in the summer and snow biomes for the rest of the year. Flagstaff, AZ gets more snow fall than most cities in the US. The only things I would say that would make it perfect would be more rocky landscapes on the hills/mountains, make a Mexican restaurant POI on every corner, and add lots of bad drivers (which seems to be on it's way in A17).

...@Gazz so, buddy, pal, modder... How about those quest xml files? The conversation tree part... Care to share some tidbits?

Hah!

I never touched it but I do know that it's an XML chain of statements, choices, and responses.

NPC has different statements depending on quest or other requirements.

You can give different responses which branch into other statements or actions like giving you a new quest or a reward.

So since there are requirements, a scrawny 2-strength guy may never get the quest to move Bob's fridge into the upstairs living room.

Technically it's all very polished. Just a looot of writing to make it all sound nice. =)

Hah!

I never touched it but I do know that it's an XML chain of statements, choices, and responses.

You can give different responses which branch into other statements or actions like giving you a new quest or a reward.

So since there are requirements, a scrawny 2-strength guy may never get the quest to move Bob's fridge into the upstairs living room.

Technically it's all very polished. Just a looot of writing to make it all sound nice. =)

This sounds very good.

NPC quest dialog involving choices with different outcomes...

Looking forward to trying it.

This sounds very good.

NPC quest dialog involving choices with different outcomes...

Looking forward to trying it.

I'm curious about the UI that goes along with it. At the risk of summoning a guppy, will we have a simplified system suitable for consoles or a large set of choices for the hardcore RPG'rs among us?

dialogue_ui.thumb.jpg.d980dd28cb02d921fcb9c5bbaa5271b2.jpg

I'm curious about the UI that goes along with it. At the risk of summoning a guppy, will we have a simplified system suitable for consoles or a large set of choices for the hardcore RPG'rs among us?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23742[/ATTACH]

I'm still hoping for VR zombies. Too bad I don't own any VR equipment. Implants, maybe?

It's a choose your own adventure!

One of my favorites:

Yeah, you could totally do that.

But your ingame character might starve to death before you get to the end. =)

No comment on the UI. That's waaaaay out of my bailiwick.

Yeah, you could totally do that.

But your ingame character might starve to death before you get to the end. =)

No comment on the UI. That's waaaaay out of my bailiwick.

But that's part of the adventure! There's a clock ticking so don't tick off the clock, doc. Or something.

Hah!

Could said requirements also determine how you are allowed to go on the quest based on what weapons you have or clothing and armor you have? So a quest giver would detect you only have a club and bow and arrow, and the house you are suppose to clear of zombies becomes low level enemies and less XP. Or they notice you have a sniper and metal armor on, so the same quest is now filled with cops and dogs instead with more XP.

hey Gazz - would it be possible to mod the system to grant only one player in a mp game a limited amount of creative menu options? think like a dungeon master is able to spawn critters / set traps in areas he controls (around land claim blocks maybe) and maybe fly / noclip to spy on the other players but not act directly upon them....

Something I been wondering about, in A17 will you get exp from trap/proc kills? for example if you let the fire dot from fire arrows make the killing blow on a zombie, you don't see to get any exp for that kill. I rarely if ever use traps other than maybe barbed wire fences because I'd lose out on the exp with any other one. Its been one of my pet peeves, I won't use the flaming arrows due to this reason too. Doesn't have to be full exp, maybe half if killed with a trap you placed.

Also will we see some silly mods? like for example a mod that turns the pistol/smg into bascally a shotgun? I loved my Gun in parasite eve on ps1 with a shotgun mod on it.

I was thinking about weapon mods system and the basic stats that weapons could have.

I’m thinking Ghost Recon Wildlands does it pretty well. You feel the difference of the mods right away. You can get huge clip but handling goes down. Reloading and aiming are slow. Or install basic iron sight instead of large scope and aim much faster.

ar2.PNG

On top of that we need all those cool effects of course.

I thought I would point out a couple things yes some are known if not all like M/B colliding issues with terrain & movement, really hard to off road. The Headlight on the M/B, way, way, too Bright, it almost blinds you on the circumference.

The air Drops are what is bugging me, the ones that land on a hill only to get destroyed & the Marker never goes away.

right now I have about 7 Destroyed Crate Markers left on the map by my mine & will a restart remove them.

I was going to try turning the markers on & off & restart, I would like to see something done with the Crate & it's collision on hills. It should not get destroyed, it should roll when it hits the ground, not break.

You are going in the right direction on Weapons & can not wait for it late 2018 or early 2019.

Edit: I was going to post this in bugs but we have some water seepage on Flagstone Blocks. I uses Full Blocks, Stairs & i/2 Blocks to make my Roman Tub Down Below in my Dungeon. Filled it with water & it seeps out the cracks. Follow the link to see more shots. I cleaned it up with Wood Frames & now I have to destroy & replace Blocks to see what does not seep.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1266648197

Archived