Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Roland keeps the front page up to date pretty much only when MM reveals/confirms. :)

But there is no huge exciting features confimed... dont get me wrong i love the new stuff but there isnt one big feature that has me excited like electricity/traps or the random gen changes in A16 had me excited.

Bandits would do it tho!! hell even underground threats

But there is no huge exciting features confimed... dont get me wrong i love the new stuff but there isnt one big feature that has me excited like electricity/traps or the random gen changes in A16 had me excited.

best suggestion... turn around... look at wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend, tell her/him you love her and take her out to dinner.

this will give you something to do and give the devs time to work and when they come out from under the hood... we may have some good news. (i hope) :)

if you do it right... ask your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend to take you out to dinner and save yourself the money. (2nd thought you best not do that... i dont want to be responsible for your injuries) :)

Hell, the new systems being put in place allowing the level of configurability is really awesome and a massive new "feature"! This alone is worth the A17 wait. The amount of things that can/will be done after its released/debugged is going to be crazy. So that's the "huge and exciting feature" I'm waiting for. I think many people don't realize (yet) what that means and what it is going to enable.

best suggestion... turn around... look at wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend, tell her/him you love her and take her out to dinner.

this will give you something to do and give the devs time to work and when they come out from under the hood... we may have some good news. (i hope) :)

if you do it right... ask your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend to take you out to dinner and save yourself the money. (2nd thought you best not do that... i dont want to be responsible for your injuries) :)

Just got back from a Hibachi dinner. chiicken/steak combo with fried rice.. Fried cheesecake for desert. Excellent I must say.

So... whats a big non confirmed feature in A17 that will get me excited?

So... whats a big non confirmed feature in A17 that will get me excited?

Zombies get aroused when too close to you now.

Also... A17 will be a modders paradise if even 50% of what is planned comes true.

If that doesn't work, here, take a Ziagra.

Major POI overhauls, completely reworked quest system that allows NPC to give quests, the motorcycle, new buffs system along with applicable buffs to weapons clothes etc, the addition of weapon modifications as well as confirmed Mini Bosses in pois? Those just aren't graphical changes (which we are getting too with the new unity upgrade) there is WAY more to be excited about this Alpha than the past 3 combined.

Major POI overhauls, completely reworked quest system that allows NPC to give quests, the motorcycle, new buffs system along with applicable buffs to weapons clothes etc, the addition of weapon modifications as well as confirmed Mini Bosses in pois? Those just aren't graphical changes (which we are getting too with the new unity upgrade) there is WAY more to be excited about this Alpha than the past 3 combined.

But that's boring stuff! Bring on the better looking zombies!

I kid. All good stuff that will, once again, make it feel like a new game.

Zombies get aroused when too close to you now.

Not sure how that would work but how about stripper zombies get an AOE buff with

<effect_group>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="PlaySound" target="self" sound="breathe_heavy_male" local_only="true">

<requirement name="IsMale" target="self"/>

<triggered_effect />

</effect_group>

Not sure how that would work but how about stripper zombies get an AOE buff with

<effect_group>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="PlaySound" target="self" sound="breathe_heavy_male" local_only="true">

<triggered_effect />

</effect_group>

if anybody else would have posted that i would have thrown my hands in the air but you Gazz... I can believe it. :) oh... dont forget to make trot with a limp while under that buff :)

if anybody else would have posted that i would have thrown my hands in the air but you Gazz... I can believe it. :) oh... dont forget to make trot with a limp while under that buff :)

So will the Madmole profile character be more prone to limping and heavy breathing than the other characters because his beard attracts more strippers?

<effect_group>

<triggered_effect />

</effect_group>

That could work... can you control the duration of the heavy breathing, too? Make it go on for 5 minutes and suddenly nobody wants to melee the strippers anymore.

"Incoming stripper! KILL IT! KILL IT!"

Which reminds me. Can we get antibiotic crossbow bolts?

"Damn it, I'm infected!"

"Stand still a moment, will ya? " /face_evil_grin

Raymond Feist and David Eddings are two of my favorite authors. I've got a collection of about 800 books at the moment. Although the last 5 or more years I haven't been doing anywhere near as much reading. No time.

I think you might like "With a Single Spell". The character development was so good I really felt for the hero. Kinda like Pug in Raymond Feist's "Magician".

Welcome to 7D2D development; where development takes longer and the content gets less!

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, the new systems being put in place allowing the level of configurability is really awesome and a massive new "feature"! This alone is worth the A17 wait. The amount of things that can/will be done after its released/debugged is going to be crazy. So that's the "huge and exciting feature" I'm waiting for. I think many people don't realize (yet) what that means and what it is going to enable.

In my native language there's an expression; A children's hand is quickly filled.

No one read the little crappy piers anthonys?

and Niven, Clarke, Herbert, McCaffery,Adams,Prachett,Zelazny,LeGuin,Moorcock..... someone said Donaldson. i read the whole Thomas Covenant series.... i cant tell you why, i tried to stop several times but a stubborn streak said that i had started it and i will damn well finish it.... the most depressing books EVER!!! after that i had to re read Asimov and some EE Doc Smith to feel clean again...lol

Guest Rassilon

Idea for Post-Release

Hey Folks and Staff.

I wondered if we could get an alternative Random World Design after the game goes Gold.

Right now, it ( more or less ) generates a Map with about 20 tiny cities scattered across the map.

How about an alternative Design, that only generates 1 City, but this one really huge ( Dozens of Scyscrapers etc ) with Wilderness and/or Suburbans at the rim?

Idea for Post-Release

Hey Folks and Staff.

I wondered if we could get an alternative Random World Design after the game goes Gold.

Right now, it ( more or less ) generates a Map with about 20 tiny cities scattered across the map.

How about an alternative Design, that only generates 1 City, but this one really huge ( Dozens of Scyscrapers etc ) with Wilderness and/or Suburbans at the rim?

I see a problem with that being quite taxing on somepeople, but im sure someone will develop something for it even if the devs dont.

Archived