1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Guest Rassilon

Admin Block(s)

Hey Folks.

Would in be possible to get a Block similar to the Bedrock Block, that ignores gravity?

Like Stats from the 1x1 Stainless Steel Block, but without the Gravity/Structural Integrety-Limitations.

Only available in Creative Menu of course, so Admins could creat Bigger and prettier Buildings?

Background:

Our Server tries to create attractions to get more Players, so we got a Market Players can teleport to for trading, a Bootcamp for a Bloodmoon Shelter and an Arena to battle Zombies.

If we got said Admin-Block, we could create Bigger and prettier Buildings for our Players.

Im aware that this goes against the Survival Aspect, but as an tool for Admins it would be nice.

I also miss the scary dangerous cities, you know? When you entered a city and the sky went dark and green and the streets were packed with the most dangerous zombies including feral zombies. Now you can just run in and get everything you need with no real threat. I miss that scary atmosphere.

That I agree with 100%

I remember one time back in the days, I hadn't even noticed how insanely difficult cities had become and I ventured inside thinking I was gonna be fine. Needless to say, I had to stay on a building's roof for a day straight, cornered by a neverending horde of zombies; they just wouldn't stop coming.

After they finally forgot about me and wandered off, I got the heck out of there.

I miss those hub city days... I felt like I was in a Walking Dead episode.

Large cities really should be very dangerous. Filled with zombies of all kinds. I liked being nervous about going to them, that's what a horror game should do.

I hope when the radiation zones become traversable we get a real end-game area. Or at least add to every Random Gen a extra large centre city like the old cities located in a large wasteland with random radiation patches (to add to the danger) that has the green death and rainy atmosphere. I think atmosphere is really important to a game like this and I like the feeling of foreboding that the cities used to have.

Now they are just free loot zones. You should have to build up to savaging cities. Starting at small towns, then going to large towns, then small cities, then large cities, then radiation cities. The last three being filled to ♥♥♥♥ with death!

Cities and towns are now empty, sleepers alone just offer no challenge, as long as you sneak. You can clear out even the largest building no problem.

A centre hub city (I think) is a good idea. Sewers/sub-ways, car-parks and danger. I also like that centre cities looked like cities in regard to pavements (sidewalks) and random ruined buildings. I wouldn't mind being able to hand craft centre hub cities which spawn in the middle of the map. The city design picked being random. Maybe add a workshop kind of thing where people can craft a city in a flatworld and can be submitted and the Fun Pimps (if they think it's good enough) can add it to the game. I imagine you would start with a base (streets/roads) already crafted and the wasteland that it stands on already there too. A template if you will.

I would love to be able to craft a city with an underground system of sewers and subways and a hand-crafted feel that people can explore in their world, or whatever city happens to be picked to be in the centre, handcrafted or otherwise.

Yeah I think that the zombie running indoors was super scary. Partly because it was dark and in close quarters and partly because they would shamble up to the door and then start sprinting at you for no apparent reason. Having flashbacks of the first couple times I saw it.

I think the feral zombies in game have the same affect now. With the occasional running zombie in the day it keeps the suspense up but only after your gamestage gets higher weeks into surviving, and by then, nothing can kill you because you probably have all purple gear anyways.

Would be exciting if ferals were "slightly" more common at lower levels. At this point the only scary thing in the game is a horde of dogs or wolves.

Dang it, I think I'm going to have to start playing with zombies always running...

Also @Moldy Bread I am grinning from your location reference, well done

Honestly I think the game is now way too easy. The first seventh day is a joke as wood spikes are pretty OP. By day 8 I had blue level steel tools, the best guns and had no real threat to me.

I also miss the scary dangerous cities, you know? When you entered a city and the sky went dark and green and the streets were packed with the most dangerous zombies including feral zombies. Now you can just run in and get everything you need with no real threat. I miss that scary atmosphere.

Edit, I also never need to move beyond the Wooden Bow.

I’m curious about how you get to Blue level steel tools by day eight. I’m usually still at orange or perhaps yellow by day 7 and don’t even have a workbench until after day 8 let alone the ability to craft steel.

Maybe try with 60 or 50 minute days then. You’re giving yourself 4x as long to prepare. I’m not saying the Day 7 Horde isn’t easy but it is a bit more thrilling when you only have a small flagstone/ cobblestone fort with a few spikes and much weaker weapons.

Everything you said about cities I agree with. Hopefully they will be able to increase outdoor zombie spawns in addition to sleepers.

Maybe try with 60 or 50 minute days then. You’re giving yourself 4x as long to prepare. I’m not saying the Day 7 Horde isn’t easy but it is a bit more thrilling when you only have a small flagstone/ cobblestone fort with a few spikes and much weaker weapons.

Everything you said about cities I agree with. Hopefully they will be able to increase outdoor zombie spawns in addition to sleepers.

Honestly, I don't like the days just zooming past. But I have played with shorter days, even then Day 7 is a piece of piss. Just add spikes and cobblestone and you are set.

The cities no longer have their scary atmosphere. Like I said above, I would love to craft custom cities.

If you do add bigger "Boss" type monsters into the game health bar for them would be a nice addition. But when it comes to "man size" zombies and other creatures it would be too much of a immersion killer.

So please whatever you do don't add health bars to normal enemies.

Honestly, I don't like the days just zooming past. But I have played with shorter days, even then Day 7 is a piece of piss. Just add spikes and cobblestone and you are set.

The cities no longer have their scary atmosphere. Like I said above, I would love to craft custom cities.

Try "always run" to up the excitement and slow down the progress. This way it also does not matter so much how long the days are. (having 90min days and complaining about having blue steel tools at day 8 is a bit misleading)

I agree with stuff about cities. There should be more zombies generally and it would be nice if gunshots would draw them to you and woke up sleepers in nearby houses.

We'll get there: radiation zones, legendary weapons loot and we have nice "end game" locations.

Traders.

Yes, I’ve seen Royal’s min/max shopping network tutorial....

I was curious what method Moldy was using to speed race the progression beyond the difficulty curve of the game. Looks like time dilation is his flavor.

Yes, I’ve seen Royal’s min/max shopping network tutorial....

I was curious what method Moldy was using to speed race the progression beyond the difficulty curve of the game. Looks like time dilation is his flavor.

I know the few times we played together, he'd leave with the junk and come back with nice stuff. =)

Good times, good times.

I know the few times we played together, he'd leave with the junk and come back with nice stuff. =)

Good times, good times.

I have heard of people able to do this IRL. They can leave the house with an old pipe or crowbar and come back with cash, jewelry, TV's etc. They must have their bartering skills maxed.

I have heard of people able to do this IRL. They can leave the house with an old pipe or crowbar and come back with cash, jewelry, TV's etc. They must have their bartering skills maxed.

It's especially impressive since they come back with the crowbar, too.

Don’t get me wrong. The difficulty of the game and how well it keeps up with player progression does need work. I don’t disagree with Moldy on that...but those that come on and complain that the game is over too soon and becomes too easy too fast are just asking TFP to make the game more restrictive.

Making 60 min days the ONLY option....

Changing traders in some way to prevent economic min/maxing your way to purple gear in the first week, etc.

Level gating and erasure of spam crafting for XP are examples that show they are willing to impose brakes upon players.

Level gating and erasure of spam crafting for XP are examples that show they are willing to impose brakes upon players.

Unnatural and unholy breaks. People want more content, not stopgaps to fill the time between alphas. Yeh yeh, I know, it's coming, but it had better be a lot. =)

Don’t get me wrong. The difficulty of the game and how well it keeps up with player progression does need work. I don’t disagree with Moldy on that...but those that come on and complain that the game is over too soon and becomes too easy too fast are just asking TFP to make the game more restrictive.

Making 60 min days the ONLY option....

Changing traders in some way to prevent economic min/maxing your way to purple gear in the first week, etc.

I have yet to find a server with 120 min days. I always assumed Day 49 is when things get interesting for vanilla versions. Modders have changed the game so much that progression means everything even when they try to slow it down, and still they focus on blood moons in feeble attempts at increasing difficulty. I try to ignore the posts that whine about difficulty and becoming too easy too fast, it just shows their ignorance for the game as a whole, its like they learned one way to play the game and cannot fathom there is more than one way. I hope TFP doesnt cater to that class of whiners, it would ruin the game for the rest of us.

I am excited for a17, hope it will bring another perspective to gameplay and progression.

That crowbar is the key to "good bartering". Gets you through doors, past locks, into crates...

Like Royal I sell lots of junk to traders the first week, and usually end up with a blue/purple spiked club and crossbow by day seven.

Dukes:

The wet concrete everything is way too many dukes for trade. Maybe 1/10th the amount would be a little better.

Someone mentioned limiting the amount of dukes a trader has at the start of the day sounds good too.

Difficulty:

Making a primary hub (again) where its total chaos (I'm talking some radiated starting day 1) would be fun and no one could say the whole game was too easy then. Loot should be great in that hub as well.

Dukes:

The wet concrete everything is way too many dukes for trade. Maybe 1/10th the amount would be a little better.

Someone mentioned limiting the amount of dukes a trader has at the start of the day sounds good too.

Difficulty:

Making a primary hub (again) where its total chaos (I'm talking some radiated starting day 1) would be fun and no one could then say the whole game was too easy then. Loot should be great in that hub as well.

I remember this conversation the first time around when levelled enemies were first introduced.

Yeah, there _should_ be some areas which are too dangerous for low level characters, with appropriate visual and audio cues to warn the player of course. I used to go around cities terrified that something would spot me. Now? I'll just wander through without a care in the world.

Archived