Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hit point max progression will be governed by the fortitude attribute. We don’t know yet about max stamina progression. General health and wellness will be governed by the new buff system.

This will mean that food, drugs, drinks, poisons, prolonged fatigue, etc can all be events that will have a much more realistic effect on our current wellness. We can also get sick and then return to health again.

The current wellness system is essentially eat food to gain higher hp and stamina max. Very one-dimensional. The new system will be much more versatile and moddable.

This also means that you will no longer be able to power level your hp and stamina maxes using the meat stew/ snow biome meta...

Sick i love that then found it quite easy to be able to powerlevel the overall wellness, so hype for this patch i know it will be a rather long time till any consumers will see it but hey ho time it takes is as long a piece of string

Hah! We know. =)

There is no realistic way to make the game "hard" for players with 1000+ hours. It's like attempting to fix every single dupe exploit or cheat without a system of server authorisation. The attempt would be a complete waste of time.

Now what we ARE doing is opening up more values for modding so it's a one-liner to adjust the stamina cost of running, jumping, or what-have-you.

Creating a super duper hard mode for 50 guys who have already bought the game just isn't very economic. Working on making the game more fun for 5000 new guys is a lot smarter.

That doesn't mean making the game easier (which I know some will intentionally misread this as) but better structured and documented so that an action has reasonable consequences.

In A16 having an empty hunger bar does... what? Anything? Exactly.

I'm just plain old to lazy to mod the XMLs. Just gotta hope someone makes a hard mode then, and a no HP bar mode.... and doesn't feel the need to add horrible looking new items/npcs.... Roland I think you're our hero here what ritual do I need to do to summon you.

Right now they are working on animations for bandits. Everything that has been shown for players also applies to bandits. I know someone has been tasked with NPC AI but don’t know the progress.

Does the animation blend tree work also apply to animals? It took me a while to realize that one reason animals still look 'dumb' and lumbering is because they don't move their heads. If bears and dogs turned their heads left/right/up/down to look at you as they gave chase, I'm convinced it'd make them seem more intelligent, without even having to work on the AI.

But if you want to, you can now give a specific zombie type a "skill" to make it run faster when it has been set on fire or run slower when the temperature is below x or be stronger when other zombies are nearby or become green and angry when it has taken 50% damage. (not sure about the last one)

None of that would be a buff but a conditional effect attached directly to an entity.

Not quite AI but a big deal for enemy diversity.

I'm all for zombie diversity!

How about 'zombie's shirt becomes green if it spawns an odd number of seconds after the game started?'

How about 'zombie's eyes become blue if...'

How about 'zombie's leg length = [random range]?' :D

I invented the number 15 sometime back in '78.

Somehow I never really got credit for it. It's so unfair!

I remember my Grandfather thanking you, they had such a hard time before you invented fifteen, it threw the entire decimal system out of whack.

Joking aside, ever wonder why eleven and twelve don't follow the same pattern as thirteen to nineteen?

https://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_origin_of_the_word_eleven

Still... When such rewrites come, and at such low level foundations of the game... I smell a nearing Beta phase... :p

If the rewrite were for performance reasons or to clean up code, you would be right. But this rewrite seems much more about giving higher level code more possibilities (like the ability system, status effects, effects of weapon-mods, food..., quest system). Surely they won't stop there and NOT use all that new stuff now that they implementet it.

Right now they are working on animations for bandits. Everything that has been shown for players also applies to bandits. I know someone has been tasked with NPC AI but don’t know the progress.

where can i see the check/to do list? i would like to follow them sometimes :)

where can i see the check/to do list? i would like to follow them sometimes :)

look down (bottom of this page) or up (top of this page) and click on FIRST which is the 1st page of this thread and the answer to your question.. btw if its not there its not confirmed and will be when its confirmed. :) YW

If it was Teamoving, that's a variation of reading tea leaves that involves blowing them around with your nostrils until they dry out and then reading the results. It takes a lot more time than the other way so it has fallen out of favor in recent years.

The plan is to remove all negative effects from items. So it will give you +x against cold, and maybe even +x against hot, but it will never make you cold in a hot area, or hot in a cold area. It will just be "positive protection". Whether its enough or not, depends on where you are, perks, quality and magnitude of the protection, etc.

As I understood, in order to keep warm in the winter biome, we will sometimes need to be near a fire or a forge to replenish the heat supply?

Question: Will it be possible to heat the room, so that the closed structure keeps the heat for a while without a heat source (campfire)?

Since the whole buff system is being overhauled, I was wondering if running into a cactus will do more than just a few points of damage?

I've tangled with a few out hiking in Arizona, and depending how many thorns you get (and where), a persons movement can be severly hampered until you pull them all out.

Archived