Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

you or ... damn what is the other female's name that is a mainstay? about 6 months ago.

6 months ago? Good grief I can’t remember what I had for breakfast yestrday. Don’t expect me to remember 6 months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Anabella.... Don't You remember? Gazz and Roland are why you needed antibiotics! :)

I think they are more the reason of why I needed therapy.

Just a note on MadMole and the no video thing, I know he's a dev, I know he's the art guy too, and I can well imagine he is working hard. However MadMole isn't the entire team, so when people are bitching on about 'Do you know how long it takes to make vids' I have to just point a few things out.

1. MadMole isn't the only dev. Losing MadMole for a couple of hours isn't going to grind the team to a halt that probably already have allocated tasks they are getting on with.

2. MadMole could give us any kind of ragtag video and I think we would more than appreciate it, provided it somewhat showcases something.

3. Noone necessarily needs video. Some new features could be given to us as teases in picture form, just on the run up to a video.

I wanna also make another comment on the water jars. I didn't say I was in favour of scrapping them (I mean from the game), I just meant it would be nice to have bottles of water. Bottles could be filled with purified water, and would provide some extra plastic to be scrapped for players needing to make a lot of lights for a big base or whatever.

Jars like I said would have a nice place for jam, blueberry juice, as well as yucca and honey.

Also, though there will be people here protesting my post just for the sake that its mine, we should also see additions of glass bottles. Those may even be inevitable in the future, when the devs give us an expanded food and drinks list.

Beer coolers containing bottles of Longhorn or whiskey would be amazing and really add to the feel. Cans are already in so it may be nice to see canned beer as well as bottled.

The problem with 7 Days at the moment is, despite the mechanics and the interesting gameplay, it does feel kind of stagnant with the same meat from all animals and the limited food and drink stuffs as well as a lack of variety in vehicles and whatnot.

A positive view on the future remains however, as I have seen showcased mods that don't have the biggest impact in the world on game performance, and if modders can do it, I'm sure the pimps can. And now -

A question to both the devs and the community.

You know how people go on about the limitations within 7 days (of item slots), well I would like to ask you all, with this unity thing (I have no idea about game development) or with any future coding is it possible for the pimps to expand the item space availability and optimise it suh that we can enjoy a whle load of new items and at the same time not take a massive performance hit?

I'd like to see a little discussion on how that would work out.

UM I know you are not the person to ask but I definitely want to know why madmole has posted noting for THREE WEEKS although he stated he will post at least once a week .Are there any development set back?Is there so much work they can't record a 20 min vid?:fat:

Yeah. He posted a pictures of a schoolbus though. This makes it up totally for not showing any other information in this crucial development phase.

C'mon now, you've been around long enough to know that MM likes to show off art more than anything, and he's stated more than once that they're not going to show features until they're done, so you're not going to see WIP of features that are incomplete. See also the fact that more than one thing can be worked on at a time, so progress in art doesn't mean a lack of work on the harder to implement features.

Yeah you are right about them working on multiple things at a time. However, not going to see WIP-features does not correspond with the WIP-cars we have seen in the previous video, does it? Since it's clearly WIP.

And I've been around long enough indeed to know MM likes to show art more than anything, but I've been around long enough as well to know that bandits and the like have been promised (partially) a long, long time ago.

I'm not negative, just anxious to see them implemented.

As 7D2D is near future, I would like to see the Duke of Navazgane have a business suit, glasses and hat made of Graphene imbedded spider silk! He would be almost invincible! His face would be the only place you might be able to hurt him.

If Graphene were as thick as saran wrap, an elephant could easily be held up by it.

As 7D2D is near future, I would like to see the Duke of Navazgane have a business suit, glasses and hat made of Graphene imbedded spider silk! He would be almost invincible! His face would be the only place you might be able to hurt him.

If Graphene were as thick as saran wrap, an elephant could easily be held up by it.

He has indigenous themed guards, kind of like Apaches.. perhaps the Duke isn't a modern business suit dressed entrepreneur that we expect?

UM I know you are not the person to ask but I definitely want to know why madmole has posted noting for THREE WEEKS although he stated he will post at least once a week .Are there any development set back?Is there so much work they can't record a 20 min vid?:fat:

Thats a pretty selfish thought, does this mean you feel you are entitled to an answer? Just assume that we will get a video or an update whenever they, incl. MM, feel like its worth putting something out to us.

kids these days...smh

Archived