Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The purpose of the behemoth is to come in and do a lot of damage to your base. So it needs to be able to show up anywhere, like other blood moon zombies, rather than be limited to a PoI. It could do both, though.

Totally agree...100 % I want there to be something that can get through the untouchable base defenses..always said that...But it would be able to know where one is and take it on with friends too.

I always wanted breacher zombies...military guy carrying a rocket, or a scientist carrying nitro glycerine(bio fuel), or a miner carrying dynamite..etc ..to breach the outer walls or destroy the spikes to allow them to get inside...

think that would add a really FUN exciting aspect into the game....right now...you just hit that wall of BORING when your base is untouchable

regards

Ouch

...right now...you just hit that wall of BORING when your base is untouchable

regards

Ouch

Then simply dont build untouchable Bases, simply remove Reinforced Concrete and Steel Blocks from Recipes/Traders.

I feel really anoyed every time i see Zombies punching down a Steel wall of 4 Meters thick Steel.

Since A16 you can paint them if you want them.

(Btw i really think we can spare all that Polished Steel Blocks, since we can paint this texture)

Totally agree...100 % I want there to be something that can get through the untouchable base defenses..always said that...But it would be able to know where one is and take it on with friends too.

I always wanted breacher zombies...military guy carrying a rocket, or a scientist carrying nitro glycerine(bio fuel), or a miner carrying dynamite..etc ..to breach the outer walls or destroy the spikes to allow them to get inside...

think that would add a really FUN exciting aspect into the game....right now...you just hit that wall of BORING when your base is untouchable

regards

Ouch

when the time comes you will know where it is and as for your friends... when he shows up and starts playing with your sand castle... let me know where your friends are.... bet they will be grabbing all they can and running for the hills. :) Oh we can dream thats what will happen but what really happens is yet to happen :) i still havent fully healed from the first time he was put in the game... it wasnt pretty and i am eating my burgers right now and would like to enjoy them. :) i cant wait until he gets brought back in i miss him.

something else i would like to see in a17 for the vulture is the ability to knock a player down, which means if you were hiding up on the iron bars or cliff killing defensless zombies the vulture would knock you down from there.. that would be neat as hell.

when the time comes you will know where it is and as for your friends... when he shows up and starts playing with your sand castle... let me know where your friends are.... bet they will be grabbing all they can and running for the hills. :) Oh we can dream thats what will happen but what really happens is yet to happen :) i still havent fully healed from the first time he was put in the game... it wasnt pretty and i am eating my burgers right now and would like to enjoy them. :) i cant wait until he gets brought back in i miss him.

something else i would like to see in a17 for the vulture is the ability to knock a player down, which means if you were hiding up on the iron bars or cliff killing defensless zombies the vulture would knock you down from there.. that would be neat as hell.

If your favorite perch doesn't have a ceiling/awning/overhang above it to mess with vultures' pathing, you're doing it wrong. It's not perfect but it's close, and so easy it's silly.

Regarding behemoths and base wreckage, don't fight where you craft/store. Simple. Even a few blocks' distance works wonders.

We don't need more special one-trick fixes for player behavior, we need better general-purpose zombie behaviors. Gimmicks will always be countered, because unless they're completely unfair they leverage one weakness at the cost of creating other weaknesses. Players will learn to target the new weaknesses and the cycle continues.

Then simply dont build untouchable Bases, simply remove Reinforced Concrete and Steel Blocks from Recipes/Traders.

I feel really anoyed every time i see Zombies punching down a Steel wall of 4 Meters thick Steel.

(Btw i really think we can spare all that Polished Steel Blocks, since we can paint this texture)

I don't...never have---I like several small bases scattered throught the map....but still eventually with level and items....you hit the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post

I don't...never have---I like several small bases scattered throught the map....but still eventually with level and items....you hit the wall.

YOU play your way and that is Fine ... but not everyone wants to play with or have total destructible bases. Just my thought on the subject

I want an untouchable base. But I want it to be an effort to build. I'd rather see untouchable bases countered by reduction of loot in an area. Make satellite bases more of a need. Do that by simply making night rides on a mini bike more dangerous. I.E. a special wandering zombie horde that spawns in the path, and scattered a bit, of the direction a driver is going. Zig zag all you want. Eventually, you'll get annoyed with such driving and get caught. And the dismount interaction implemented, by zombie action (not terrain impacts!).

The developers do. I think that counts for something...

Even the devs can be wrong^^

As PC player i have not that big problem because we can mod. But i am really concerned about the Console players if they get all this stuff without alternatives.

Btw i talk not about inpenetrable bases, but 4Blocks of steel thick defense should easy withstand every hordenight.

Edit:

124f16-1506553558.png

Red are the SI Pillars the tower is based on

Blue is the Socket of steelblocks

4 high means you need 1216 Steelblocks.

It is serious work to realize that.

And now imagine you build a tower from Bedrock to max High.

You work 3 Real Month on it.

And then RNG decide to screw you.

Wrong or right there are going to be decisions made by the developers that some people aren't going to like. As far as I know there are zero plans to put a craftable block that is 100% impenetrable by zombies.

Want to build a tower without risk of it being ripped apart by zombies?

1) Mod the game

2) Disable zombies or

3) Play Minecraft

Console players will get 2 out of 3 of the options...

Even the devs can be wrong^^

As PC player i have not that big problem because we can mod. But i am really concerned about the Console players if they get all this stuff without alternatives.

Btw i talk not about inpenetrable bases, but 4Blocks of steel thick defense should easy withstand every hordenight.

Maybe this is one of those things the PC side gets the first iteration (or a couple), since it is so much easier for us to remove?

And just my personal opinion:

What else is there to do when you have all the best goodies? Turrets up the wazoo, the best armor, the best blocks and nothing at that point can really touch you? The gamestage mechanic has almost fully run it's course and you're thinking it's almost time to start fresh but then ... *enters the Behemoth*...

What else is there to do when you have all the best goodies? Turrets up the wazoo, the best armor, the best blocks and nothing at that point can really touch you? The gamestage mechanic has almost fully run it's course and you're thinking it's almost time to start fresh but then ... *enters the Behemoth*...

If you want to play the game as survival game you will start a new game.

If you want to play the game as Architect.... you will do nothing more, the game is broken if your half ready steelbase (with 500 Hours of work in it) colabses because of "it is as it is"

Wrong or right there are going to be decisions made by the developers that some people aren't going to like. As far as I know there are zero plans to put a craftable block that is 100% impenetrable by zombies.

1) Mod the game

2) Disable zombies or

3) Play Minecraft

I'm sorry, why not have options in game settings to enable/disable certain types of zombies? Things don't always have to be so black and white.

That's rather ridgid Roland. The games got big camps on both sides of this argument. TFP would be best off making an effort to accommodate both.

No panic Jackelmyer. I am sure there will be a option in stable (or a mod in the Steam Workshop)

This now is the first phase when 2 meanings clash. And if we get a decent diskussion both sides will have arguments that lead to the best solution for the Vanilla game. And mods/options for both more extreme sides.

Edit:

And additional i think Roland/Tfp dont mean really so huge damage.

I'm sorry, why not have options in game settings to enable/disable certain types of zombies? Things don't always have to be so black and white.

That's rather ridgid Roland. The games got big camps on both sides of this argument. TFP would be best off making an effort to accommodate both.

There already are two game options for this. Disable spawning or Increase Block Durability to 200%.

No panic Jackelmyer. I am sure there will be a option in stable (or a mod in the Steam Workshop)

This now is the first phase when 2 meanings clash. And if we get a decent diskussion both sides will have arguments that lead to the best solution for the Vanilla game. And mods/options for both more extreme sides.

Edit:

And additional i think Roland/Tfp dont mean really so huge damage.

For the record I am looking forward to the behemoth. :D. I just want to make sure it's possible for players to work up to a sanctuary still. Where resources and storage can be kept in peace. If that's underground because a behemoth can't get to it, fine. If that's in a traditional base but behemoths only come on blood moons late game? Totally fine.

I'd very much rather a screamer NOT bring out behemoths. That's just not cool. Something like that is to be prepared for. Not flippantly tossed onto players at random.

1) Mod the game

2) Disable zombies or

3) Play Minecraft

Yes but 3) imagine the people REALLY bitching and crying when the creepers blow up their uber base and cool houses ;)

QA people are so sadistic...

Archived