Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I do it for the scavenging!

Since scavenging and quality joe are the first skills I dump massive pointd in, my first two ingame weeks are in the mercy of the RNGesus.

I love recipes that require multiple complex items (Minibike parts, electronic items, traps, turrets)

If I had it my way I would expand the items even further [examples - To get mechanical parts You would need (gears, nuts and bolts, ball bearings), to get electronic parts You woud need (small electric engines, small wires, transistors) etc.

Also I have noticed, that the backpack question has attracted a large amount of static lately.

To make things more interesting/ harder we had a gentlemans agreement to do the following :

Collect 100 plant fibers to create a "Plant fiber knapsack" [it gives one vertical backpack row]

Collect 100 cloth fragments to create "Cloth knapsack" [it gives two vertical backpack rows]

Collect 100 leather to create the "Leather knapsack" [it gives three vertical backpack rows]

To unlock the other 5 rows we set out to "Pick up" random loot backpacks scattered around the wasteland.

Small red for 4 rows.

Duffle bag for 5 rows.

Sports bag for 6 rows.

To enyoy the full backpack experience You had to craft the "Military backpack" which was a whopping 100 Military fibers.

Are they zombies, ghouls or a mutated human?

7D2D zombies are dead so why do they bleed?

Ghouls are evil spirits which would fit Gazz saying its all magic to a degree anyway.

Living yet mutated/infected humans would fit the bleeding and could fit all other behaviors.

Also knowing that they are still alive and potentially curable would add a massive horror element to the game!

Ghouls are evil spirits which would fit Gazz saying its all magic to a degree anyway.

Living yet mutated/infected humans would fit the bleeding and could fit all other behaviors.

Also knowing that they are still alive and potentially curable would add a massive horror element to the game!

All paths lead to the latter. Examining the "Behemoth" with it's boils and stuff, it looks like that the "Disease" is extraterrestrial. XCOM subplot maybe?

All you need to do is make sure you / your daughter takes Zombrex every 24 hours.

Wait, that's Dead Rising 2.

Auto run you can realize with a simple macro

or a 5 buttons mouse. I put the number 5 button of my mouse to the right click and check "autofire" box. This way my character is auto farming ... A claasic gamer set deserve a 5 buttons mouse (at least) with an auto fire fonction. They are a lot of cheap ones ...

I'd say auto-run should be included in the vanilla game, possibly replacing the "drop bow" button.

It's a highly requested feature and requires minimal coding, it could be done in an afternoon... bugfix time included.

Must I really resort to programming my own computer to add a feature which is pretty much standard in similar games?

All paths lead to the latter. Examining the "Behemoth" with it's boils and stuff, it looks like that the "Disease" is extraterrestrial. XCOM subplot maybe?

It would make some sense.

1) Near Gaia type planets like Earth are most likely rare to the extreme.

2) You see some insane creatures (that's us humans) destroying a planet thats maybe one of a thousand planets in the entire galaxy.

3) The decision is easily made: those spastic, insane mofo's must die! (That's us again)

No need to soil their hands on killing us off, they're just "Helping" us achieve our inevitable destiny, just sooner. :)

It would make some sense.

1) Near Gaia type planets like Earth are most likely rare to the extreme.

2) You see some insane creatures (that's us humans) destroying a planet thats maybe a one of a thousand planets in the entire galaxy.

3) The decision is easily made: those spastic, insane mofo's must die! (That's us again)

No need to soil their hands on killing us off, they're just "Helping" us achieve our inevitable destiny, just sooner. :)

Wow, that would make one hell of a good story. Extraterrestrial cataclysm that decimates the populace by turning them on each other via virus/bacteria/spores/nanobots?

Alien antagonists could insult us after every horde night as cockraches that simply refuse to die / delay the innevitable.

That they are good guys in this story.

As we persevere in surviving wave after wave they start sending their "shock troops" (Behemots, Reanimators, etc.)

Wow, that would make one hell of a good story. Extraterrestrial cataclysm that decimates the populace by turning them on each other via virus/bacteria/spores/nanobots?

Alien antagonists could insult us after every horde night as cockraches that simply refuse to die / delay the innevitable.

That they are good guys in this story.

As we persevere in surviving wave after wave they start sending their "shock troops" (Behemots, Reanimators, etc.)

Alien Overlord: "Human, your refusal to die is becoming an annoyance! Maybe if you give us your guns and ammo, things will go much smoother."

Human: "Come and take it, or I should say, come and get some!"

Advisor to the Overlord: "I believe he wants to cause you harm my lord."

Alien Overlord: "Nonsense, he plainly offered us his weapons, go down and get some!" :)

Because at the end, lets be honest 90% of us is here for the Zeds, not for the construction stuff,Its a nice complement but, lets be honest, we are here for the Zombies.

I would say most people are here for Building AND Zombies. There are better only Zombieshooter and maybe better only Voxelbuild games.

But 7D2D is a mix of both.

Alien Overlord: "Human, your refusal to die is becoming an annoyance! Maybe if you give us your guns and ammo, things will go much smoother."

Human: "Come and take it, or I should say, come and get some!"

Advisor to the Overlord: "I believe he wants to cause you harm my lord."

Alien Overlord: "Nonsense, he plainly offered us his weapons, go down and get some!" :)

lol. Love it. Now if we can get this in the game. ;)

I think it is soo nice that the human is sharing his weapons. Well I mean so willingly to share his bullets! :)

So nice of him.

Madmole....will the Behemoth be added to A17....if it is I was wondering if you will make it have an actual POI for its lair...obviously it is later stage of the game zombie, but how exactly will it be implemented in game? can you give us your ideas?

I made this basic prefab... thinking the idea of an actual lair/cave for the behemoth would be a good idea, because it is such a different Zombie than all the others. It should be its own POI instead of just wandering. IMO

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1147222891

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1147222931

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1147222913

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1147222953

Regards

Ouch

The purpose of the behemoth is to come in and do a lot of damage to your base. So it needs to be able to show up anywhere, like other blood moon zombies, rather than be limited to a PoI. It could do both, though.

Archived