Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

"Continued b240 savegames may have problems with food/water levels when a replenishing buff was active when game is continued in A17.1, character’s death restores functionality" from Known issues

So why dont you just go die? lul

I know, I know. Considering it. Have to study and will decide later. I am sensitive b***h on dying in a17 ;)

example: build a cheezy pole with a platform on it and then build a ramp/steps or other means to force zeds to blindly follow the path up. they ignored the pole you are standing on.

now stupid zombie after a couple fails will think that maybe its time to bring down the pole if you cant get him the other way.

bout as simple as i can explain it, i hope it is enough. :)

Makes sense for the most part. I wonder just how far away you would have to be for the zombies to then not be able to even try to jump. If it was close enough to jump, but didn't make the jump, would it still be considered "unreachable"? Or what if you made it close enough to that ramp, put up Iron Bars, they try to jump to you, but of course hit the bars. I'd say that is "unreachable", but does the pathing think so? Because if the path is there, I assume that the zombies think it is then reachable, but just needs to destroy the bars, but they can't destroy the bars, because they are mid jump. I actually want to know these things so I don't build things like that, lol. I enjoy the terror of BMs and the chaos that comes with knowing I'm not 100% safe or exploiting the pathing.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the problem with stamina regeneration. I get hungry constantly when digging(or whatever I do) and eating food does nothing. So here is one.

Anyway, thank you for the good job guys ! Waiting for a fix for my problem. Cheers.

But stamina regeneration is thirst, max stamina is hunger? Was that just a mix-up of systems?

The configurable blood moons was something I was really hoping would make it.

Have they fixed the issue of no loot when you drop loot down to 25 percent? Last I checked it was still broken.

Nope, still broken (made a quick test in Navezgane, but I guess it's the same thing in RWG). Hope it will be fixed, because it's the only way to have a hard start without messing with xml...

I’ve just seen the 17.1 update, does anyone kow if they’ve fixed the storage on minibikes so that a client can view it?

My brother and i both have minibikes, but i built them both (he took other skills), he can’t view the storage at all in either bike.

I’m the host as well, win 10. Haven’t played 17.1 yet (i’m at work).

Just put the minibike in a container, and let him place it... then he becomes the owner.

But stamina regeneration is thirst, max stamina is hunger? Was that just a mix-up of systems?

Its a bug as I understand it because I eat properly ingame and hunger is rare. Now my stamina scale is 1/3 black. I had 4 bacon and eggs, 4 jars of water and nothing changed.

It’s not me! Iam really talking about my friend from our discord.

Sure it’s super easy for you,me,98% from active forum members cuz they are pro’s...but he will not change anything in the .xml.

It's cool, I wasn't trying to be dismissive. Some people just have anxiety over the term "mod" and don't realize how easy some if it really is. Do you know about modlets too? You don't have to edit anything, just drop a folder you download inside the mods folder. Many people already made the mods. No editing involved.

Iam just pointing out that the deep core game should work for everybody. You change some options how you like it and that’s it. Play!

Sure, I'd never argue against options like that but to make a game for everyone is impossible and there are only so many options you can have before the options screen becomes a game in of itself. I do not play a large amount of games so could just be my experience but I haven't seen games with pages of options before and there has to be a reason for it I'd think. Like in Fallout 4 I could not turn off Deathclaws because I didn't like them.

The vehicles won't make a big difference. A few may freak out over the potential chance of a day 1 gyrocopter but those are the ones knowing that their lottery ticket has all the numbers correct.

I've yet to see a vehicle part other than minibikes or bicycles in found loot, so IMHO I don't think thats an issue. A day one or two bicycle makes sense because then you can do risky trader quests that you couldn't normally do because of the required distance travelled.

From watching our progress, (without forced rushing) the minibike took 22 days to get to, the motorcycle another 10, the 4x4 another 10 or so, and the gyrocopter another 28. It might be better to find bike parts in garages from the start, and then estimate experience unlocks for all the other vehicles about 15 days apart so you don't unlock one and then unlock the next too soon. That would stretch the time between vehicle unlocks, and bump up the gyro by about 5 days. (We unlocked it about day 72.)

I'd also like to see the tougher zombies from the first exp return, BUT not have the mp gamestage multiplier so high that it dumps the later irradiated and feral zombies so early in the game. We were seeing greenies and ferals on day 14 with 4 players, (which was way too early for them) so we had to drop the difficulty to level 2 to compensate for that, but then on day 70 we were still not seeing many day runners or a challenge.

Ideally for 4 players level 3 nomad is what we've always played, but the gamestage multiplier is just too high as of 240. Maybe a gamestage multiplier slider can be added to the difficulty settings you are talking about adding?

It's cool, I wasn't trying to be dismissive. Some people just have anxiety over the term "mod" and don't realize how easy some if it really is. Do you know about modlets too? You don't have to edit anything, just drop a folder you download inside the mods folder. Many people already made the mods. No editing involved.

Sure, I'd never argue against options like that but to make a game for everyone is impossible and there are only so many options you can have before the options screen becomes a game in of itself. I do not play a large amount of games so could just be my experience but I haven't seen games with pages of options before and there has to be a reason for it I'd think. Like in Fallout 4 I could not turn off Deathclaws because I didn't like them.

I think we are not talking the same language. Iam describing his situation with A17 and his problems and that the answer “mod it if you don’t like it” is not fitting to everbody,maybe.

My example with the sleeper spawn depending on the gamestage was his game-breaking feature.

And I can fully understand this. But ther is no workaround when you don’t touch the files in any way.

He played 7 days for 2000h.

Nope, still broken (made a quick test in Navezgane, but I guess it's the same thing in RWG). Hope it will be fixed, because it's the only way to have a hard start without messing with xml...

Its kind of a broken concept. 25% of 0 is 0. What would work better is to make more empty cupboards.

Hi guys, this is a comment about ALPHA 17 in general, when I play horde nights, all the zombies and dogs lag like crazy, they get easily confused and makes it a terrible experience. I remember A16 was great, but since A17, horde nights are a disappointment. Anyone else experience these issues? Any fix? We use a server from GameserverKings and my PC is new, RTX 2080. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

And I can fully understand this. But ther is no workaround when you don’t touch the files in any way.

So not even installing mods made by other people? Well, that is his decision.

There are people who will never board a plane nor a ship. They'll never visit Australia (or Asia if they are Australians). Still no bridges planned to connect Australia with Asia.

It's a little known fact that, although heavily built, MadMole is just under four feet tall. You should see him in full dwarven armour... where do you think the name comes from? :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Last I checked you no longer need a beaker to make glue in a campfire.

I'm 4 foot 26.

Here's hoping THIS is where TFP draw a line in the sand and say 'That's Enough"

If casuals have a problem with THIS patch its over. They will never be happy and before you start targeting the players who ARE enjoying this Alpha I think the time has come to make the hard decision. If you don't like 17 even after this the problem isn't them, its you. TFP went out of their way to hit the key areas in this patch. No one can say they did not.

All the people out there who want recipes or learn by doing or 16 AI and diggers removed move on. It's time to adapt because its apparent this is the direction. Pimps have been gracious enough to devote an entire patch to peoples complaints. If you're complaint wasn't addressed,, thats life. Mods will surely create something for you eventually.

Let Pimps start focusing on RWG and content etc.

We're not going to make any harsh changes unless its something overlooked in late game. Its feeling pretty good to me. We are working on random gen, Robert is exposing the xml to a node editor so our lead artist can make it beautiful, and we already have a new biome generation.

We are working on random gen, Robert is exposing the xml to a node editor so our lead artist can make it beautiful, and we already have a new biome generation.

Couldn't be happier to hear that; the spaghetti roads can be a bit silly at times, ruins having vehicles a bit. I usually bee-line objectives now, at least the terrain is often smoother and easier to traverse with the Motorbike/4X4.

I hope building mixer gets a lot of love, I have found a town in our seed that is approximately 75% a mix between radio towers and military camps.

Yeah I'm not upset, the game is not worth that.

It's just.. weird. Being able to make a 4x4 as soon as you have all the parts, without having read any books/schematics or haven't invested any points?

Ah.. Yeah.. Selling wood. Because that's totally not an exploit. Nahhhh.

What were they thinking..

These were both my ideas so if they suck I can take the heat for them. But, my goal is to make non INT characters viable, or any single or two low attribute characters viable, and nobody in their right mind is playing without INT right now due to wanting a vehicle. I have a plan to decouple crafting quality from INT so int will not be the must have attribute.

As for selling wood, its not very profitable. Are you a few hundred coins short to buy something you want? Go chop trees for 2-3 hours and you'll have enough coin. I don't find that OP. You could already sell stones for a reasonable price. You can smith armor for good money. I don't see a problem with supporting entry level work roles. Trader quests pay a lot now, enough to be worth it and the XP is pretty glorious. However, I can still outpace it.

Hm.. still no optimization for FPS.

Does not make fun to play with microstuttering and FPS drops, even with a GTX1080 and resolution decreased to 1920 instead of higher ones on a 4K screen.

Will wait for further patches

Thats not true, I've been optimizing the collision on shapes.

These were both my ideas so if they suck I can take the heat for them. But, my goal is to make non INT characters viable, or any single or two low attribute characters viable, and nobody in their right mind is playing without INT right now due to wanting a vehicle. I have a plan to decouple crafting quality from INT so int will not be the must have attribute.

As for selling wood, its not very profitable. Are you a few hundred coins short to buy something you want? Go chop trees for 2-3 hours and you'll have enough coin. I don't find that OP. You could already sell stones for a reasonable price. You can smith armor for good money. I don't see a problem with supporting entry level work roles. Trader quests pay a lot now, enough to be worth it and the XP is pretty glorious. However, I can still outpace it.

Hmm, As long as it still unlocks iron-->steel items--->augers, it will still be a must have skill, no? That spans early-mid-late game too. I dont see a way to avoid stacking points in INT at some point every time. (Unless you just want to challenge yourself)

Not only that but if you don't craft those things, you will still want to invest in at least Secret Stash so you can profit and buy your craft-able stuff instead. Trader perk is INT too right?

I'm weird tho, vehicles were the last thing I worried about usually but I still always felt like INT was a must-have regardless.

How many 4x4 parts have you found in your playthrough? Could you have assembled one before you had the ability by crafting anyway?

No.. but at least I needed a perk for it before. Now not anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait.

You could sell stones???

#rocklivesmatters

So not even installing mods made by other people? Well, that is his decision.

There are people who will never board a plane nor a ship. They'll never visit Australia (or Asia if they are Australians). Still no bridges planned to connect Australia with Asia.

Okay, you don't get my point I think...

Sleeper spawn in poi’s is a core feature since A”” and it still feels unbalanced in A17.

(Some would say it’s broken)

And it is not a big deal for a lot of players but if you don’t touch files it is maybe for a bigger group who all act like him.

The point is (again)

The fun pimps should put more love in balancing “core Features”

He doesn’t played 2000h because everything was working smooth and fine.

But looting is one of the big Features and it’s not working as it should be.

So people/veterans stop playing.

Its kind of a broken concept. 25% of 0 is 0. What would work better is to make more empty cupboards.

Yes. This beautiful voxel interactive game you made certainly needs more static blocks.

Jesus.

I think it is a great idea to add an option for 0%, 25%, 50%, 100%, 200% empty static containers to generate. Then someone could do 50% loot and 200% empty cupboards for a really scarce game and others could do 50% loot and 0% cupboards for somewhat scarce but a more interactive game.

Archived