Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

When did the game start remembering zombies and their location? When I first started playing the game (a few alphas ago), I would use the noob cheat of logging out to despawn screamers. I started a new game this time (SP), was in a snow trader surrounded by lumberjacks, and as I was figuring out how to handle them, I had to log out. When I came back, the dozen lumberjacks were still pounding on the trader compound. (I'll leave aside how I attracted two dozen lumberjacks after only 6 in-game hours.)

When did the game start remembering zombies and their location? When I first started playing the game (a few alphas ago), I would use the noob cheat of logging out to despawn screamers. I started a new game this time (SP), was in a snow trader surrounded by lumberjacks, and as I was figuring out how to handle them, I had to log out. When I came back, the dozen lumberjacks were still pounding on the trader compound. (I'll leave aside how I attracted two dozen lumberjacks after only 6 in-game hours.)

You are lucky. Once I had to actually kill a bit more of them, all in day 2.

You are lucky. Once I had to actually kill a bit more of them, all in day 2.

Lucky? I still had to fight them. The luck was that I had a pistol with about 20 bullets. That helped me thin them out before finishing the rest. I still took quite a bit of damage.

(The rest of the story is that I walked down the road a ways, decided to investigate a simple POI, then got ambushed by another three lumberjacks and a bear. Day 1 was quite eventful.)

Lucky? I still had to fight them. The luck was that I had a pistol with about 20 bullets. That helped me thin them out before finishing the rest. I still took quite a bit of damage.

(The rest of the story is that I walked down the road a ways, decided to investigate a simple POI, then got ambushed by another three lumberjacks and a bear. Day 1 was quite eventful.)

I told you , you are lucky :)

They should speed up some or at least not stop. Could be wheel friction. I'll add to my todo list to take a look at.

Can you also consider a parking brake so to speak for all vehicles and the bicycle? Even a bicycle can be laid on a hill and it'll just sit there. A simple auto parking brake system may help that and limit some of the "lost vehicle" issues. I know I've nearly lost a bicycle multiple times because it slid down a hill into bushes.

Well, from the concrete mixer... the most you use it for is... well... concrete... so u turn it on... do other stuff and when you come back, it has made a bunch of concrete mix...

With the tablesaw it's very different... maybe u need 1 piece of a shape... and 5 of another... and 10.... and etc... so to run each time to the tablesaw for each shape, because u didn't know u needed a certain one... is annoying at best...

But as I can't see many (if any) persons agreeing with me... I guess I'm one of few that see this as a problem.

This goes back to the "Reality based game play" thing that some people are insanely passionate about. And TFP, based on A17, seems very much on board with. i.e. Table Saw and Cement mixer changes.

I get more joy out of a thing when less hassle is involved. So a lot of these "reality based" changes are just pain to me and notably lessen the game experience.

I don't really understand it all either. A16, there were comments of "Sure, you can carry 1000(however many) concrete blocks but only 15 water in a stack! That's realistic!". I don't recall the conversations being much worse than that except with a very few people who tend to be very active on the forum. I thought A16 had much better game play personally. The balance was good and it seemed like all camps were roughly served equally save maybe for the PVP camps. *shrug* There's a small Super Insane Difficulty camp that wanted ways to make the game harder. So maybe A17 was really the Realists and the Insane Difficulty camp patches. meh.

Content wise... A17... holy hell. It's almost overload lol. Great content release for sure.

Thanks, but the perk bonus should fix that right?

If you were only level 30, but steel requires level 70...a single perk point isn't going to help you no.

I found them all to have worked/are working fine with the exception of the Self Medicated one, only cos that perk is disabled...I did report it in the Bug Thread however that they were still on the loot table.

I'm probably blind here, but is there not a craftable, normal 1/4 wood block? I see it in the creative menu and I think the cement one can be crafted iirc but not a wood version. Was trying to build with the 1/4 3 corner wood block and was only seeing the 1/4 wood SCTR which doesn't line up properly with those.

I have a question that I can't post in the "is it broke" thread because I am not on a vanilla server, but has anyone else had problems with the tier 5 quests not working? They all seem to be in the same POI, and you have to clear it.. but when you get everyone dead there is one yellow dot.. which you cannot find and cannot interact with it, so you constantly fail the tier 5 quests... Our server admin just plain turned off the tire 5 quests so we can't get them.. best we can do, but wondered if anyone else is experiencing this in vanilla?

or just cut out some of the canned food and make the rest drop more. Would certainly save me some inventory space...

I'd like to see the return of different meat types, allowing for minor buffs depending on the type of meat.

Especially when bandit's are put in, long-pig should give some sort of close-combat bonus :-)

Archived