Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Well, from the concrete mixer... the most you use it for is... well... concrete... so u turn it on... do other stuff and when you come back, it has made a bunch of concrete mix...

With the tablesaw it's very different... maybe u need 1 piece of a shape... and 5 of another... and 10.... and etc... so to run each time to the tablesaw for each shape, because u didn't know u needed a certain one... is annoying at best...

But as I can't see many (if any) persons agreeing with me... I guess I'm one of few that see this as a problem.

ahh, man... now I'm gonna feel like I kicked a puppy :(

(sigh) All wet concrete shapes are made in the concrete mixer now, not in your backpack. Only the _4_ rebar shapes offer 'direct' concrete blocks. Of course there's still the whole upgrade path from wood or flagstone, but if you decide on building a nice new concrete base somewhere, and use more than the 4 rebar shapes; Full, Ramps, Pillar 100 & Inside Ramp Corner Blocks, you'll be making them in the mixer.

Edit: btw, I fully agree w you on the pain. Yeah, it's a little similar to rl, but hard to see it as 'fun'. & fwiw I used to build houses so can say from rw experiance you don't use a tablesaw to frame up or side a house. It's all done by 'hand' using a Skil saw. Fancy finish work sure, a tablesaw is quite useful. But I'd wager not even 'high-end' tract homes had a tablesaw on site. Crown molding, fancy baseboards and upgraded door casings are all cut using a chop saw.

Edit2: should add a disclaimer that this is west coast carpentry. Those east coast guys seem crazy to me :) heck they actually use small 16oz claw hammers like the in-game pic to -frame- with (boggle). West coast framers (before everyone went to nailguns) used 21-32 oz, long handled hammers so a tap to just stick the nail in the wood, then a single full swing to fully seat the 16p nail. None of that 4 5 or 6 tippity tapping sillyness :D

<yes, I'm trolling for east coast framers here! :D >

Well, from the concrete mixer... the most you use it for is... well... concrete... so u turn it on... do other stuff and when you come back, it has made a bunch of concrete mix...

With the tablesaw it's very different... maybe u need 1 piece of a shape... and 5 of another... and 10.... and etc... so to run each time to the tablesaw for each shape, because u didn't know u needed a certain one... is annoying at best...

But as I can't see many (if any) persons agreeing with me... I guess I'm one of few that see this as a problem.

I agree with you, but I'm not a builder and don't really have the problem myself.

I also agree with FileMachete point that putting the tablesaw on the building site would make the running around fairly acceptable.

I agree with you, but I'm not a builder and don't really have the problem myself.

I also agree with FileMachete point that putting the tablesaw on the building site would make the running around fairly acceptable.

agreed, table saw is cheap. Just build it on site and destroy it when done if you don't want it there and you don't have a LCB there. Same with a couple mixers.

Im playing with my friends on a muliplayer server and I have a problem when i'm making items in the forge or cooking food/water in the campfire. If i want to cook about 3 bacon and eggs, it takes around 30 seconds (for example). When I leave the campfire and go back in, the cooking time has changed to 53 seconds (for example).

Same problem with cement, iron bars, forged iron etc.

Is this a common bug?

We're still playing on our first server since a17 came out so we never wiped. Could this be the problem? Just wanted to be sure.

Im playing with my friends on a muliplayer server and I have a problem when i'm making items in the forge or cooking food/water in the campfire. If i want to cook about 3 bacon and eggs, it takes around 30 seconds (for example). When I leave the campfire and go back in, the cooking time has changed to 53 seconds (for example).

Is this a common bug?

We're still playing on our first server since a17 came out so we never wiped. Could this be the problem? Just wanted to be sure.

It's on the Known Issues list (from the bug thread);

"Crafting speed bonus and mod slots do not properly apply to workstations after being closed"

In SP my experiance is that if I stay nearby (maybe in same chunk?) the bonus stays in effect, but moving off a ways results in it returning to default speed.

If I close and go back in some workstation while i'm standing on the same spot, the timer has changed. It's good to know that our world isn't the problem atleast.

Same happens in SP if I log out. Have to remember to cancel then restart anything queued in stations when I come back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a fix in A17.1 :)

I sure hope that all late game air drops keep dropping canned food in A18, I wouldn't be able to survive without it on day 100 lmao

I’m a collector so I hope they DONT change this. It’s the easiest way to get canned food items right now.

ummmm, what about the 100s of vending machines?

That restock daily, And the 1000s of cabinets, sinks, refrigerators, and trash compactors. But yes please keep giving 20 canned food only in the majority of airdrops because its still not enough canned food.

Is this a common bug?

Since they recommended wiping with each experimental, yeah. But there IS a known bug about the campfires and crafting time issues.

I have a question regarding books - for I had a swell plan that, unfortunately, does not seem to work.

I found a 'Hammer & Forge' book at level 30, so I thought: 'what if I get enough iron and clay to dumb in a forge, use the book, make a crucible in the 30 min or so and start making forged steel and tools?' I had the intelligence (even went to 9 so that I got to 10 with the book) to use the perk according to the perk (intelligence 8 or something like that).

So, after horde night, I got to my forge, read the book and wanted to start on the crucible (using the workbench), but I can't make it because I do not have the required skill.

Hence, what am I doing wrong? Do I need the skill level of 70 as well? Because it does not say so on the book. It would be a shame for my master plan :) Thanks in advance!

I have a question regarding books - for I had a swell plan that, unfortunately, does not seem to work.

I found a 'Hammer & Forge' book at level 30, so I thought: 'what if I get enough iron and clay to dumb in a forge, use the book, make a crucible in the 30 min or so and start making forged steel and tools?' I had the intelligence (even went to 9 so that I got to 10 with the book) to use the perk according to the perk (intelligence 8 or something like that).

So, after horde night, I got to my forge, read the book and wanted to start on the crucible (using the workbench), but I can't make it because I do not have the required skill.

Hence, what am I doing wrong? Do I need the skill level of 70 as well? Because it does not say so on the book. It would be a shame for my master plan :) Thanks in advance!

Making the crucible is locked behind the same gate as making the steel, I believe.

think they meant to remove the books, most don't seem to do anything.

Archived