1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

・Sleeper 20% bonus to AIPathCostScale

・AI climb flag not set when temp move

I don't understand these four changes, someone please help:miserable:

Sleepers consider blocks more expensive for pathing than your normal stupid zombie, so they would go around more often than trashing a POI.

Zombies were sliding down on ladders when they decided to attack. There are still issues getting over the ladder top, but not as bad as before.

Sleepers consider blocks more expensive for pathing than your normal stupid zombie, so they would go around more often than trashing a POI.

Zombies were sliding down on ladders when they decided to attack. There are still issues getting over the ladder top, but not as bad as before.

Thank you! Yes, zombies were strange on ladders.

flashed the idea in my head, adding the ability to peek around the corner, as it was in outlast, by pressing the e button, you could look out from the right corner, and the key on which you would perform the action move to f, but turn the light on or off to l

A17.1 was just released. My impressions:

No RWG fixes? That really sucks. Any ETA (other than "soon") for when this will be worked on? A17.2 maybe?

Still, the bug fix list is long, and all seem high priority, so thank you.

In particular, thanks for:

• Bleeding buff carries over to respawn
  • Water is not wet enough. Swimming / rain will now cool you down.
  • Increased harvesting / upgrade XP
  • All AI fixes/improvements

Just these fixes will make a lot of players happy, including myself.

It was said that there were bigger bugs to fry before rwg got love.

A17.1 was just released. My impressions:

No RWG fixes? That really sucks. Any ETA (other than "soon") for when this will be worked on? A17.2 maybe?

Still, the bug fix list is long, and all seem high priority, so thank you.

In particular, thanks for:

• Bleeding buff carries over to respawn
  • Water is not wet enough. Swimming / rain will now cool you down.
  • Increased harvesting / upgrade XP
  • All AI fixes/improvements

Just these fixes will make a lot of players happy, including myself.

where can i see the full patchnotes ?

Not happy with the game getting easier, This is a zombie survival game, yes a17 is a little harder but still too easy to level up and get good gear within the first 7 days. I am not speaking about the zombies, i am speaking about the skills/perk tree advancement, it seems like the minority whining are getting things served to them on a silver platter.

I understand wanting to appeal to new players and also draw in more people to the game but what about us old school veterans, do we really have to suffer ? The game needs longevity and i, as many appreciate everything you do, development is not a easy task and you can never please everyone, pleasing a few is easy :)

Peace.

Not happy with the game getting easier, This is a zombie survival game, yes a17 is a little harder but still too easy to level up and get good gear within the first 7 days. I am not speaking about the zombies, i am speaking about the skills/perk tree advancement, it seems like the minority whining are getting things served to them on a silver platter.

I understand wanting to appeal to new players and also draw in more people to the game but what about us old school veterans, do we really have to suffer ? The game needs longevity and i, as many appreciate everything you do, development is not a easy task and you can never please everyone, pleasing a few is easy :)

Peace.

TFP is looking for some middle ground for the default vanilla version. They have said they plan to add sliders for xp gain rate in order to make the progression more drawn out for those who like a nice slow progression or faster for those who like to breeze through faster and get to doing what they want to do with powerful characters. Options for slowing down or speeding up progression is the only way to make both camps happy while having an approachable default experience.

I’ve just seen the 17.1 update, does anyone kow if they’ve fixed the storage on minibikes so that a client can view it?

My brother and i both have minibikes, but i built them both (he took other skills), he can’t view the storage at all in either bike.

I’m the host as well, win 10. Haven’t played 17.1 yet (i’m at work).

Magazines are overly complex and confusing to me.

The fact that you can read a magazine which grants you a point into a core attribute which then allows you to put points into a skill that you shouldn't have access to yet that is later taken away when your temporary buff wears off is just frustrating because most of the time I don't realize I'm doing it and then later I wonder why all the sudden I'm not getting the effect from the skill I purchased, it just seems broken, it's just not right.

Perhaps there is some room for improvement here?

Personally, I would use them to save a point to use elsewhere. For example:

Just hit level 10 - use a Hammer and Forge magazine and build a forge and use your hard earned point in some other skill that you need as a priority early game. If all you need to make is forged iron, you don't need to keep the point in Hammer and Forge to do that.

Similarly, just got enough to be able to make bicycles? Read a Grease Monkey magazine, build your bike and viola. You don't need to keep the point in there to use the bicycle or repair it.

Early game I think it allows access to some of those perks whilst spending points on extra damage, or health or something else. Also helpful for solo play to be able to get what you need and spread those points around better. Sure once you get higher up, you will need to spend the points in those stats but the magazines give the option to get it started.

Some mods can get really complicated but most are super easy. Want more skill points per lvl? Open a text file and change 1 to whatever number you want.

If you can post on the forums you can mod.

It’s not me! Iam really talking about my friend from our discord.

Sure it’s super easy for you,me,98% from active forum members cuz they are pro’s...but he will not change anything in the .xml.

Iam just pointing out that the deep core game should work for everybody. You change some options how you like it and that’s it. Play!

For example: Sleeper spawn-> off // gamestage addicted // light ( always zombie xyz is spawning but no feral and up )

Hope the Fun Pimps rethink some stuff. Who represents the majority? Me or he? I don’t know...

I’ve just seen the 17.1 update, does anyone kow if they’ve fixed the storage on minibikes so that a client can view it?

My brother and i both have minibikes, but i built them both (he took other skills), he can’t view the storage at all in either bike.

I’m the host as well, win 10. Haven’t played 17.1 yet (i’m at work).

try putting one of them in a shared storage chest. have him remove it and place it in the world. i think he will then have access to the storage. make him get the gas for both of you :)

Faatal, just seen 17.1 horde night from Grumbul's twitch stream, unfortunately this kind of exploit continues to work making it boooring:

iFZXJSI.jpg

I've read this on 17.1 patch notes: AI will do destroy area 60% on a fall after unreachable side path. I expected some zeds cutting the loop and start destroying pillars but didn't happen in all the night. Maybe the zeds don't consider this unreachable even when they jump forward in the last section.

Awesome job on this new experimental!

iFZXJSI.jpg.8a4db35eabb11cb3d0ecc4b1b43d8a09.jpg

Personally, I would use them to save a point to use elsewhere. For example:

Just hit level 10 - use a Hammer and Forge magazine and build a forge and use your hard earned point in some other skill that you need as a priority early game. If all you need to make is forged iron, you don't need to keep the point in Hammer and Forge to do that.

Similarly, just got enough to be able to make bicycles? Read a Grease Monkey magazine, build your bike and viola. You don't need to keep the point in there to use the bicycle or repair it.

Early game I think it allows access to some of those perks whilst spending points on extra damage, or health or something else. Also helpful for solo play to be able to get what you need and spread those points around better. Sure once you get higher up, you will need to spend the points in those stats but the magazines give the option to get it started.

I tried this, on level 40 I believe for the 'Hammer and Forge' perk to get a point and make Crucible, Forged Metal and metal tools, but I could not make the crucible because 'I did not have the right perk.' So it did not work in Alpha 17 (not sure about 17.1, perhaps they fixed it). Could also be that you need the right level (in this case 70) to use the perk... But the book does not state that. FYI, I had 9 intellect so no problem there either.

If it works I would be really swell - a jump start that you could work to, to progress faster if you really put some effort in it (finding/buying the book, keeping it for a while, getting iron and clay, and then make it happen in 20 min :)

I tried this, on level 40 I believe for the 'Hammer and Forge' perk to get a point and make Crucible, Forged Metal and metal tools, but I could not make the crucible because 'I did not have the right perk.' So it did not work in Alpha 17 (not sure about 17.1, perhaps they fixed it). Could also be that you need the right level (in this case 70) to use the perk... But the book does not state that. FYI, I had 9 intellect so no problem there either.

If it works I would be really swell - a jump start that you could work to, to progress faster if you really put some effort in it (finding/buying the book, keeping it for a while, getting iron and clay, and then make it happen in 20 min :)

I imagine any perk with a level requirement would require that to be fulfilled no matter what. The magazine really doesnt need that in the item description since you can see in the skill tree what level is required to receive the perk.

But ya, idk, it does work with all other perks that arent lvl gated.

Would almost certainly be considered 'polish', but coding in "What would this allow me to do?" tooltips for Magazines could make them more accessible.

Via Hover-over or something; conditional table lookups so when it displayed something like, "Use of this Magazine will allow you to build a Chemistry Station, provided you have all the materials and access to a Workbench", you'd know all Lvl/Perk requirements had been checked and you actually could build a chem station.

They just made the game 100x easier and the 2nd posts starts begging to make it easier already... it never ends....

Here's hoping THIS is where TFP draw a line in the sand and say 'That's Enough"

If casuals have a problem with THIS patch its over. They will never be happy and before you start targeting the players who ARE enjoying this Alpha I think the time has come to make the hard decision. If you don't like 17 even after this the problem isn't them, its you. TFP went out of their way to hit the key areas in this patch. No one can say they did not.

All the people out there who want recipes or learn by doing or 16 AI and diggers removed move on. It's time to adapt because its apparent this is the direction. Pimps have been gracious enough to devote an entire patch to peoples complaints. If you're complaint wasn't addressed,, thats life. Mods will surely create something for you eventually.

Let Pimps start focusing on RWG and content etc.

Here's hoping THIS is where TFP draw a line in the sand and say 'That's Enough"

If casuals have a problem with THIS patch its over. They will never be happy and before you start targeting the players who ARE enjoying this Alpha I think the time has come to make the hard decision. If you don't like 17 even after this the problem isn't them, its you. TFP went out of their way to hit the key areas in this patch. No one can say they did not.

All the people out there who want recipes or learn by doing or 16 AI and diggers removed move on. It's time to adapt because its apparent this is the direction. Pimps have been gracious enough to devote an entire patch to peoples complaints. If you're complaint wasn't addressed,, thats life. Mods will surely create something for you eventually.

Let Pimps start focusing on RWG and content etc.

I agree. I personally thought early game was too slow in many areas. But now I'm on day 15 I think stamina, food, exp is all pretty good. So the real issue for me with the slow early game was more days 1-7. And I avoided it by just slaying zombies.

Either way I agree with you. This is the game. I hope tfp stand thier ground here and let the chips fall where they may, assuming trader quests did get a boost. Haven't read patch notes yet.

Its not worth getting upset over. But I understand your confusion and frustration.

- - - Updated - - -

Just sell some wood.

Yeah I'm not upset, the game is not worth that.

It's just.. weird. Being able to make a 4x4 as soon as you have all the parts, without having read any books/schematics or haven't invested any points?

Ah.. Yeah.. Selling wood. Because that's totally not an exploit. Nahhhh.

What were they thinking..

You still need to meet the requirements to be able to use the perk - which means level 70 unlocks steel, and subsequently the crucible crafting and it does say that in the patch notes on how magazines work.

Archived