Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I think it is a great idea to add an option for 0%, 25%, 50%, 100%, 200% empty static containers to generate. Then someone could do 50% loot and 200% empty cupboards for a really scarce game and others could do 50% loot and 0% cupboards for somewhat scarce but a more interactive game.

Yes, because THAT is how you fix it; just make more of the interactive voxel world static, so that you don't even have to BOTHER trying to loot, because you already know there's nothing inside.

Ridiculous.

Got the problem with stamina regeneration. I get hungry constantly when digging(or whatever I do) and eating food does nothing. So here is one.

Anyway, thank you for the good job guys ! Waiting for a fix for my problem. Cheers.

It is fixed internally. Just a matter of giving testers some snuggle time with the new changes and hoping they don't find another way to break it. ;)

Yes, because THAT is how you fix it; just make more of the interactive voxel world static, so that you don't even have to BOTHER trying to loot, because you already know there's nothing inside.

Ridiculous.

That's why you would choose 0% empty cupboards. That would make it less static for you. <shrug>

Could one of the DEVS responsible for the import / export system please answer this. I've looked everywhere, and have made several inquiries on the forums, and players don't seem to know the answer, so I was hoping to find the one who made the system.

I have figured out how to export a prefab from a live game. I have figured out how to import that prefab into the builder, and I have figured out how to import into a SOLO game.

Here is what I cannot figure out.

1.) When importing into a solo game, you need to use the dynamic prefab screen, which then places a yellow box where your build will be to show you where it will go, then you can place the prefab. Once the prefab is placed, HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THE YELLOW BOX? I cannot figure this out, and have resorted to logging off and back on to get rid of it.

2.) when on a MP server the dynamic prefab window is NOT available, the server owner nor myself cannot figure out how to turn this on, as he does not have the option for it either. How can we import into a MP server?

I hope I can get these answered, it would help so very much!

Hmm, As long as it still unlocks iron-->steel items--->augers, it will still be a must have skill, no? That spans early-mid-late game too. I dont see a way to avoid stacking points in INT at some point every time. (Unless you just want to challenge yourself)

Not only that but if you don't craft those things, you will still want to invest in at least Secret Stash so you can profit and buy your craft-able stuff instead. Trader perk is INT too right?

I'm weird tho, vehicles were the last thing I worried about usually but I still always felt like INT was a must-have regardless.

MM said it is a goal, in other words he isn't there yet.

But lets see: You can find all workstations in the wild, mods are find- and buyable, so are electrical devices, guns, ammo, medical stuff. Avoiding INT may (and should) not be the most comfortable solution by far, but with the exception of vehicles everything could be acquired without INT even before A17.1. I think the only inescapable perk point at the moment may be at least one point in Master Chef

I just fear they made money too easy to get again. "Player sellback rate improved so selling items to traders is more profitable ". That would be acceptable if the barter perk were toned down likewise. Putting 3 points into barter already made millionairs out of any survivor (exaggeration warning!!!), now the deal got even better.

Okay, you don't get my point I think...

Sleeper spawn in poi’s is a core feature since A”” and it still feels unbalanced in A17.

(Some would say it’s broken)

Every day on this forum someone declares some bug or imbalance the central issue that needs to be fixed. Look one page back and there's a post about the missing FOV-Slider not getting the attention it deserves.

People are **quitting** every day because the game is too slow on their machines, too easy, too difficult, no builder type possible, zombies destroy their bases, zombies don't destroy their bases, no learning-by-doing, crafters get everything, crafters get nothing else, all quality guns are the same, people on servers can't log in, their bikes vanish, their stuff vanishes, they can't move .....

Simple Feature Request. Can Haz Pleez?

Hey, I would love to see a feature added where you can use an item in the inventory or toolbar by pressing Shift + Right Click. Similar to transferring items but, you know, with the other mouse button. Empyrion uses that setup and I love it, and have become so use to it that I keep doing that in 7DTD and keep wondering why it's not a thing already. QOL +100. Seriously........

MM said it is a goal, in other words he isn't there yet.

But lets see: You can find all workstations in the wild, mods are find- and buyable, so are electrical devices, guns, ammo, medical stuff. Avoiding INT may (and should) not be the most comfortable solution by far, but with the exception of vehicles everything could be acquired without INT even before A17.1. I think the only inescapable perk point at the moment may be at least one point in Master Chef

Everything can be found, but you are really going to try and loot all those high quality weapons and tools? (with the low rate of higher quality now even when perked) and not have a backup for any of them? You are going to not raise up INT for Secret Stash? even tho you cant craft stuff. You are going to hunt down every working station when rng could easily screw you or make you search forever to find?

Ya sure, its all "possible" to find, not guaranteed tho, and nobody goin to do it, INT still a must have regardless of vehicles being gated or not, which is what my point was

No.. but at least I needed a perk for it before. Now not anymore.

It's the thing about different builds being viable. It doesn't mean that such build are necessarily easier. For the average SP player putting no points into INT is still a big uphill battle, no quality 4 tool set, bows and clubs by second week for example. And if RNG is mad at him he will wait a long time for a vehicle. Co-op players will have an INT guy anyway and mostly ignore this change.

There are a few balance changes making the game easier, I wouldn't have put this one in that bag though.

@tfp

Any thoughts on doing something with the rad zombies so that their glowy emissions don't kill fps as much? I made a mod that removed it and just turned the eyes to a green emission, but what would be cooler is if you did it kinda like the lines in the burnt zombie... kind of a middle ground.

Mumpfy Pic

Screen_Shot_2019-01-09_at_6.51.03_PM.png

@tfp

Any thoughts on doing something with the rad zombies so that their glowy emissions don't kill fps as much? I made a mod that removed it and just turned the eyes to a green emission, but what would be cooler is if you did it kinda like the lines in the burnt zombie... kind of a middle ground.

Mumpfy Pic

I actually like that much better. Very eerie.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else getting stuck upon world generation at 'Generating Country Roads'?

Didn't have this before in A17.0.

I can't account for why this changed for you just now but many people reported hanging up at that stage. It's not actually stuck in their cases even though effectively it is because the map took 30 min or more to generate for them.

These were both my ideas so if they suck I can take the heat for them. But, my goal is to make non INT characters viable, or any single or two low attribute characters viable, and nobody in their right mind is playing without INT right now due to wanting a vehicle. I have a plan to decouple crafting quality from INT so int will not be the must have attribute.

As for selling wood, its not very profitable. Are you a few hundred coins short to buy something you want? Go chop trees for 2-3 hours and you'll have enough coin. I don't find that OP. You could already sell stones for a reasonable price. You can smith armor for good money. I don't see a problem with supporting entry level work roles. Trader quests pay a lot now, enough to be worth it and the XP is pretty glorious. However, I can still outpace it.

I dont why there isnt a 'Wisdom' or even 'Luck' attribute, hell, even an attribute tab called 'Misc' could be used to add perks that dont belong in the original attribute perk lists and to add or mod in even more. A place to keep track of learned recipes like how paint textures were. BTW, when the hell do we get the ability to add more paint textures like has been requested forever now.

My eyes are not getting any better I still want the green/red reticles (crosshairs), green for off-the-hip shooting and RED for aimed

Everything can be found, but you are really going to try and loot all those high quality weapons and tools? (with the low rate of higher quality now even when perked) and not have a backup for any of them? You are going to not raise up INT for Secret Stash? even tho you cant craft stuff. You are going to hunt down every working station when rng could easily screw you or make you search forever to find?

Ya sure, its all "possible" to find, not guaranteed tho, and nobody goin to do it, INT still a must have regardless of vehicles being gated or not, which is what my point was

And my point was partly that it is work in progress, so no surprise that it is harder, maybe too hard for most.

Backup? Huh? I have lots of lower quality weapons in my weapon box, if I need to make a corpse run even a lvl 2 shotgun will do. For what else would I need a backup?

Secret stash? There are players who have said on the forum that they don't use the trader (for trading at least) because they feel it is OP. So it seems people can play without secret stash.

Workstations: After the first two weeks you will usually know whether there are working workstations in acceptable distance or not. This is the point where someone could decide to either bite the INT bullet or go full brute squad. But, generally, the chance that you won't have all workstations if you accept some driving around is near zero, so it is just a question how good you can plan ahead. And lets not forget between going for INT 0 or INT 10 there are 9 intermediate steps. Someone could just decide on getting to forge/bycicle and hope to get all the rest through serious scavenging.

It doesn't need to be everyone or in every playthrough. But nobody? You are underestimating the diversity of 72d2 players.

@tfp

Mumpfy Pic

+1

This is an amazing idea, and if it can help FPS then that'd be grand.

I’ve just seen the 17.1 update, does anyone kow if they’ve fixed the storage on minibikes so that a client can view it?

My brother and i both have minibikes, but i built them both (he took other skills), he can’t view the storage at all in either bike.

I’m the host as well, win 10. Haven’t played 17.1 yet (i’m at work).

When you place it, you own it. You probably just need to unlock it, then others could pickup or access. Or add a passcode, so he can use.

Microstuttering

I had a little during the previous alphas, but there, the number has increased.

I'm lucky to have a PC that can run the game with the settings to max, so I tried all the possible combinations, but it didn't change anything.

I think it would be interesting to know who has no microstuttering (if there are players who haven't). This would help to know if it is due to some graphics cards, processors or others.

One thing is certain, something has been changed between A17 and A17.1 which has accentuated this issue.

I think, Roland, we (you ^^) could create a topic where only players who don't have this problem would communicate their configuration.

Edit : Thanks Roland, you act way faster than I write...

Yes, I know he did. It doesn't answer my question, though - or I wouldn't have asked it.

Does anyone know what the circumstances are that trigger this behaviour? What does "after unreachable path" mean?

Clearly it's something to do with climb/fall loops, but what is the actual situation under which this behaviour kicks in?

Unreachable paths are when the path end does not reach where the zombie wants to go. If you make a ramp up to a platform with a gap between, that is unreachable in a sideways direction.

Archived