Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

And my point was partly that it is work in progress, so no surprise that it is harder, maybe too hard for most.

Backup? Huh? I have lots of lower quality weapons in my weapon box, if I need to make a corpse run even a lvl 2 shotgun will do. For what else would I need a backup?

Secret stash? There are players who have said on the forum that they don't use the trader (for trading at least) because they feel it is OP. So it seems people can play without secret stash.

Workstations: After the first two weeks you will usually know whether there are working workstations in acceptable distance or not. This is the point where someone could decide to either bite the INT bullet or go full brute squad. But, generally, the chance that you won't have all workstations if you accept some driving around is near zero, so it is just a question how good you can plan ahead. And lets not forget between going for INT 0 or INT 10 there are 9 intermediate steps. Someone could just decide on getting to forge/bycicle and hope to get all the rest through serious scavenging.

It doesn't need to be everyone or in every playthrough. But nobody? You are underestimating the diversity of 72d2 players.

You seem to think this is about difficulty, or I am unaware of what you think you know about the game.

Firstly, I have no problems progressing or looting stuff, or spending my points in INT or doing insane playthroughs without deaths. I never implied any of that. Im pushing 6500 hours in this game since a10 almost all in PvP servers.

You might need backup of any and every tool/weapon if you die (not that I can remember the last time I died) and your bag poofs for whatever reason (cave in/late zombie hit) or you mess up and cant make it back to it in time. Having a spare gun or shotgun is obviously something you will have, but tool crates for melee weapons and tools is a different story when it comes to availability.

Anyway, if go back and actually read the things I said then read what you replied here you actually didnt offer much at all as far as a counter to my actual points, but its cool, argument for the sake of argument floats alot of ppls boat. Its cool, Im out.

My point about secret stash was simple, If you dont want to go up INT you wont be crafting, nor will you get good deals at traders that leaves only 1/3'rd of the main ways in the game to obtain these items . You can literally only loot, and would be only tying your own hands or at least limiting severely how much content you can take atvantage of throughout your playthrough. I was attempting to get the point across that vehicles and crafting quality are not the main reasons that INT is a no-brainer.

Good idea Guppy. But whats gonna happen with the fact that we can`t see radiated zeds from distance or as a sleepers. In some way it will be hell of a surprise, but I love how it looks.

If they have the burnt zombie effect with the lines running through their body, except green, you'd still see them coming.

@TFP

Hey guys, how are you doing? Just coming here to say that this game is awesome and I'm loving the new A17.

I started playing with a friend on A16. We didn't know anything about the game and didn't read anything, just played without spoilers. We made a house on top of a bridge and we were farming a lot of ressources. When the bloodmoon happened, we didn't know what would happen, so we just stayed on our house and suddenly the zombies destroyed everything. We got really scared and it was a really funny experience. We rebuild everything and learned how to play better. Suddenly the game become really easy/boring because we had basically everything and nothing could hurt us around day 30. That was one of the reasons we stopped playing. The other reason was the constant stutters and freezes I was having and playing only with 20 fps (even with everything on low) because I have an old computer (FX4300 3.8ghz, 8gb ram, GTX 750TI).

Now, with the A17 update we came back to play the game with another friend and we are having so much fun!! The game is harder, it's a lot more slow to advance and we love it! Also, I'm getting MUCH better FPS now. I'm playing with almost everything on medium/high and getting 60 FPS constantly with almost no stutter. I had to lower my resolution to 1280x720 to get +30 fps though, but as I play on 1366 x 768 it makes almost no difference at all.

Keep up the good work and thanks for this awesome game!

Makes sense for the most part. I wonder just how far away you would have to be for the zombies to then not be able to even try to jump. If it was close enough to jump, but didn't make the jump, would it still be considered "unreachable"? Or what if you made it close enough to that ramp, put up Iron Bars, they try to jump to you, but of course hit the bars. I'd say that is "unreachable", but does the pathing think so? Because if the path is there, I assume that the zombies think it is then reachable, but just needs to destroy the bars, but they can't destroy the bars, because they are mid jump. I actually want to know these things so I don't build things like that, lol. I enjoy the terror of BMs and the chaos that comes with knowing I'm not 100% safe or exploiting the pathing.

A fall is a fall. It does not matter if they jumped first or bumped into walls or bars. End path, fall, get mad.

@Fataal

1. Are you planing some work on vehicles? Idk why but i find physic still weird on bicycle. On motorbike is pretty good.

2. Are you able make vehicles changing color like weapons do by using dye? We are playing 6 people together and sometimes it is confusing find own motorbike. :D

Every day on this forum someone declares some bug or imbalance the central issue that needs to be fixed. Look one page back and there's a post about the missing FOV-Slider not getting the attention it deserves.

People are **quitting** every day because the game is too slow on their machines, too easy, too difficult, no builder type possible, zombies destroy their bases, zombies don't destroy their bases, no learning-by-doing, crafters get everything, crafters get nothing else, all quality guns are the same, people on servers can't log in, their bikes vanish, their stuff vanishes, they can't move .....

Yep. Balanced to one person is often unbalanced to someone else.

You seem to think this is about difficulty, or I am unaware of what you think you know about the game.

No, I thought I was talking about viability of other builds like a dump bruiser. I may not be very good at making my points clearly, english is not my mother language.

My point about secret stash was simple, If you dont want to go up INT you wont be crafting, nor will you get good deals at traders that leaves only 1/3'rd of the main ways in the game to obtain these items . You can literally only loot, and would be only tying your own hands or at least limiting severely how much content you can take atvantage of throughout your playthrough. I was attempting to get the point across that vehicles and crafting quality are not the main reasons that INT is a no-brainer.

Ok, backup for bag poofs might be needed. I play with keeping toolbelt through death, so usually my best weapons are still in my possesion. I also consider bag poofs as very seldom incidents (especially if you are playing a scavenger/fighter/bruiser) and thats ok that such an event pushes you back a little. Usually as a scavenger you should have found 4 q4 weapons for each q5 weapon, so if one quality step down isn't the end of the world I don't see backup as a problem

Sure, the fighter won't get good deals at the trader. But he will have lucky looter instead. I'm not saying this is equivalent atm, but you don't need the trader to sell you a q6 gun if you found one in a safe.

@tfp

Any thoughts on doing something with the rad zombies so that their glowy emissions don't kill fps as much? I made a mod that removed it and just turned the eyes to a green emission, but what would be cooler is if you did it kinda like the lines in the burnt zombie... kind of a middle ground.

I was not aware of it being much of a FPS hit. I've started contemplating how I would replace the Unity character controller, which hopefully would allow more zombies active in the world, which would make other areas become the bottleneck, like particles/bones/mesh complexity, so it may get addressed at some point.

@Fataal

1. Are you planing some work on vehicles? Idk why but i find physic still weird on bicycle. On motorbike is pretty good.

2. Are you able make vehicles changing color like weapons do by using dye? We are playing 6 people together and sometimes it is confusing find own motorbike. :D

1. Bicycle feels fine to me, so was not planning changes other than maybe reducing all vehicle wheel friction.

2. It is not setup for that. I think it has been mentioned. Maybe A18.

You're also omitting quests completely.

Quests get you gear and cash so the trader perk is optional because you don't necessarily need the best deals if you have extra cash.

That makes 3/4 ways if you don't heavily go for Int, not 1/3.

Every day on this forum someone declares some bug or imbalance the central issue that needs to be fixed. Look one page back and there's a post about the missing FOV-Slider not getting the attention it deserves.

People are **quitting** every day because the game is too slow on their machines, too easy, too difficult, no builder type possible, zombies destroy their bases, zombies don't destroy their bases, no learning-by-doing, crafters get everything, crafters get nothing else, all quality guns are the same, people on servers can't log in, their bikes vanish, their stuff vanishes, they can't move .....

I was just trying to show a problem from another view. If you don’t understand what I was trying to show and to point out I don’t know what to do... Iam feeling bad because I started this short story and different view about it.

Edit: So gamestage-sleeper-spawn works as intended? If yes -> I was wrong,sorry.

Would be great if server positioning for passenger in 4x4 was smoother. ;x

Also there's a huge bug with it.. sometimes leaving the 4x4, you are stuck bare handed, and cannot scroll the toolbelt to equip something.

If you relog, your whole toolbelt (all the items on it) is deleted. Sometimes, you can even be stuck and not able to move.. and again will need to relog to fix this, and lose your toolbelt as well.

Morning/Evening all Survivalist. Is the LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier Fixed? We had our settings set on 0 for infinate no damage made but seems to me its still not working. Tried Googling and searching the forums and said it was a bug (i think) but is there a way to properly fix it?

According to this settings, the damage you do on lets say a wooden block is like little. BUT NEEDS TO BE COMPLETELY "NO DAMAGE"

We want the offline landclaim block working similar to the Trader Joel claim block (taking no damage) when player is offline

So the server can be set according to offline raiding - not possible

and online raiding - possible

Current settings:

<property name="LandClaimSize" value="41"/>

<property name="LandClaimDeadZone" value="30"/>

<property name="LandClaimExpiryTime" value="30"/>

<property name="LandClaimDecayMode" value="2"/>

<property name="LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier" value="4"/>

<property name="LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier" value="0"/>

Is there a way to fix it? I don't know where to Post this type of error but im hoping to get feedback. This is important as we have a PVP server and we have created the server so that the survivors are able to raid when the person is online. People who are streaming are getting stream sniped by this as soon as the streamer goes offline in the game, they start attacking the streamer base. This is somehow unfair as this have happened least 3times a row.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you

Can a Pimp translate this for me? It sounds very similar to translated chinese electronics instructions, LOL

"AI will do destroy area 60% on a fall after unreachable side path" ("all your base are belong to us!")

Good idea to read the thread starting about 6 pages back. Several patch notes have been discussed by the developers.

That particular one means: Zombie tries to reach block X, fails to reach X and falls (off a ledge for example) in the process, zombie has chance to Hulk out and start tearing your ♥♥♥♥ up. It's a counter to the Escher drawing base defenses where zombies just keep walking up stairs/ramps trying to get to you, fall down (because they can't jump a gap to get to you, or something similar), go around and try again. Now homey don't play dat.

@Faatal, @MM, @Roland, @Gazz

any chance of removing the biome from rubble ground? It is a very annoying biome, it is practically 70% of the whole map, you can not do anything productive in it, it was great when they removed it, some way of removing it again please!

Hey, so I just logged into our game and my characters water won't go up? I drank 9 bottles and the water % won't improve but it does go down and I got dehydrated but drinking doesn't shift it. I basically can't play because it kills me and I can't drink. Is that a known bug? any way of fixing it? I saw there was a mini-patch maybe something was changed?

Archived