Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

There are many Blocks you can use to make a zombie fall.

Maybe it would be easyer to add a random offset to every zombie he try to move along. So that not all zombies run in the middle of a block and try to move randomly along a bit offset path. This would make such traps more unforeseeable

Path smoothing already uses random variation and distance checks use thresholds, so zombies are rarely moving exactly along a block center line. Hard offsets would tend to break other movement like down corridors and make falls more unpredictable to the AI. I wish my b9 changes got in, because it addresses these type of paths with more random AI behavior. I will continue to add variations as I see people exploit the AI with specific techniques.

If they cant see the poles and they move around them i can place my complete base on them

Except destroy area is not a path. It is a block scan, which will see the poles, but I could see it having problems hitting them, so give it a try. I don't sit around for hours making weird block bases to test. There are probably dozens of ways to mess with the AI, but I let the testers and players do that, while I fix all the problems I do know about. ;)

...the upside is later horde nights wouldn't feel like a scooby doo game. I'm not sold on the emission having a minimal impact, but you're the dev; getting identical conditions is tough, i tried... When you respawn in, the mouse is center-line and you can't spawn entities from that far to compare, then time changes so quickly you can see shadows from trees move, then zombies head off in different directions... It's not an exact science, and i'm not a geologist, i don't do "guesswork science". =)

oi you wot mate?

^-^

If they cant see the poles and they move around them i can place my complete base on them

They are talking for pathing, Z can still destory them when direct path is not found to you .. so they destory any block in between you and them.. they destory any block :) is key here.

What would you suggest?

You're kidding right? There's only one other option, make all containers active. It does kind of streamline POI scavenging a bit too much.

The cupboards don't bother me that much but the crushed cars sometimes used to build POI's do. They really should be repairable with forged iron. I get that they're so old that there's nothing useful to scavenge but you should be able to reinforce them with something.

Hi, I do not speak English but I've been reading this forum for a year.

I abandon that silent majority because I would like to ask about whether any of these features are foreseen for the future.

I would appreciate if you answered them:

1. Option to eliminate the safe area of the traders when creating the map (without having to go to the xml).

2. No immortal traders.

3. Quests not so dependent on the traders.

4. New vehicles as vehicles that can be scrapped around the world. Small possibility to make some repairable. (This would avoid the current dependence of vehicles on the intelligence attribute).

5. Bad mods to weapons, tools and vehicles as suggested by Madmole some time ago.

6. New animations for the spider, climbing walls and roofs (spawn on the roofs as Ronald suggested?).

7. Add a timer to the items to make them degradable over time. (I know this could be expensive but it is difficult to conceive a survival game where meat can not rot).

8. Mining helmet and others burn fuel to operate.

9. Option that the objectives of the Quests not be shown on the radar. (Without having to completely hide the HUD).

10. Animations of the character so that he can lie on a bed or sit on a chair.

Sorry for the translation of the google translator ^^!.

Thanks TFP for the best game I've ever played!

We're not going to make any harsh changes unless its something overlooked in late game. Its feeling pretty good to me. We are working on random gen, Robert is exposing the xml to a node editor so our lead artist can make it beautiful, and we already have a new biome generation.

Absolutely love the fact that you make all this code available for anyone to use and change. Not that I have done it much, however to have this robustness with the game is fantastic.

Mainly because we didn't have enough perks to fill out another tree. INT was on the chopping block entirely (delayed until a18), and I had fight to get it in. (and do 99% of all the work myself). We might add more attributes later but we're pretty happy with the 5 we have. I do think master chef needs moved to fortitude, because all healing options are under INT right now.

I didn't like the loss of reading books/magazines to learn. In fact, I'd love more of those search and discover items. ESPECIALLY with the idea of INT and understanding of those books. If INT is < ~5 (I really haven't played the game enough yet to know how smart 5 equates to) then you can understand Hunting Animals using Traps or if you are ~10 you can understand The Science of making batteries or ~20 Dummies book on Operating on your own Brain.

I think the tree branches are great and would compliment books and magazines, maps and encrypted messages.

Really, exploring then allows you to find things that further expand your trees of skills/perks.

Thats not true, I've been optimizing the collision on shapes.

So I will give it a try. Thanks for that update.

A17Exp was unplayable if you want some details in your environment. I don't expect 4k resolution with Ultra settings to run smooth with 60 fps without drops. But I should be able to run the game with a GTX 1080 and Full HD resolution and High (not Ultra) settings with at least 50-60 constant FPS (not around 30, dropping to 15 in POIs).

If this works I will jump back in again. If not i will wait.

Its a bug as I understand it because I eat properly ingame and hunger is rare. Now my stamina scale is 1/3 black. I had 4 bacon and eggs, 4 jars of water and nothing changed.

oh, okay. I thought you were trying to link food with stamina regeneration. So I was a little confused.

Unreachable paths are when the path end does not reach where the zombie wants to go. If you make a ramp up to a platform with a gap between, that is unreachable in a sideways direction.

okay, so if the end can be reached without jumping, it is reachable. But if it can only be reached by jumping a gap at some point, it is considered unreachable. Works for me. So far I can only think of jumping gaps being able to cause these issues. Is there any other kind that would fall into this category?

Archived