Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

good to hear you will be dialing it back. day 1 hunger drain was way too severe, especially on 90 minute days. 6 cans of food, 1 bacon and eggs, and 7 fried meats. end of day stamina, 71. and the bacon and eggs was last meal before 11pm. hunger is still at 68%

I dod no power attacks, no mining. chopped only 1 tree. cleared 1 poi. the rest was just getting to the trader quest and killing only what followed me. snow biome. them dudes are a pain.

so yeah, good call, fix the food. rest of it is fun so far, will comment more later as things come along.

yes, food goes too fast. chop a tree or break a boulder and your stamina is down in well.

yes, food goes too fast. chop a tree or break a boulder and your stamina is down in well.

I've just finished playing the first two days... that's brutal. It's only a couple of lucky finds, one involving trying to skin a deer behind a bears back, that stopped me from starving to death.

Ok, they have seriously ♥♥♥♥ed up the rate of max stamina degrade. I'm pretty sure nobody is going to make it to the first trader with more than 40 max stamina on 120 minute days, meaning people on 50-60 minutes are still going to get there at about 50-60 stamina.

Stop trying to destroy gameplay to increase challenge. People like fun, not being gimped to death.

What ever happened to the old underground bunkers ??? Havent seen one in ages. Were they taken out?? You know the ones that were under the small garage and had the secondary access through the vent tunnel.

Anyone??

I just cleaned out one in b221. Haven't been able to play the new build yet thanks to work, but I doubt they took it out.

Ok, they have seriously ♥♥♥♥ed up the rate of max stamina degrade. I'm pretty sure nobody is going to make it to the first trader with more than 40 max stamina on 120 minute days, meaning people on 50-60 minutes are still going to get there at about 50-60 stamina.

Stop trying to destroy gameplay to increase challenge. People like fun, not being gimped to death.

Are you kidding me? It’s a mistake. They’ve already stated they went too far and will be pulling it back. How about approaching the experimental builds you voluntarily downloaded with a degree of restraint and give the developers the benefit of the doubt? The harvest numbers are also off as well as the xp gains. So cool it.

Experimentation is going on here.

Stone yield from Boulder thirds = 10 Stone, for 25 hits of Stone Axe

**** Make sure to -punch- each 400 HP segment so that you over-hit and get Bonus Stone & XP

Edit: Just saw your post Roland, I hadn't seen mention of the _yields_ being off, just the xp; good to hear the yields are known.

So overall 8 skillpoints for day 3 forge and bike to start into the game with.

I got to my trader day 3, and lucked out with a working forge, workbench AND cement mixer, so my plan went well. I just found a (new?) mine PPI, and Royal Deluxe will probably love it!

So monkeyboy275, what does this tell you?

Something cool I just saw with the AI.. A zombie was stuck behind a slower walking type, It attacked and knocked down the other zombie so it could get in front of him. sic, hope thats intended. Looked cool.

Yes. There is a chance a zombie will ragdoll another zombie in the way.

We're hoping to add a geiger counter sound so its more obvious and screen effects.

I just posted a couple days ago asking for a geiger counter to combat these areas: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?99563-Unmarked-Random-Radiation-Zones

Right now it is very difficult to figure out their boundaries.

Do these areas, or will these areas serve as anything important? Or is it the intent for it to be just an annoyance?

Are you kidding me? It’s a mistake. They’ve already stated they went too far and will be pulling it back. How about approaching the experimental builds you voluntarily downloaded with a degree of restraint and give the developers the benefit of the doubt? The harvest numbers are also off as well as the xp gains. So cool it.

Experimentation is going on here.

this is not an excuse for what he said but dont forget that people wait for over one and a half year for this update now

Not sure if I've just been spoilt with Ravenhearst or what, but have noticed A LOT of roads towering though the terrain at near right angles and then plummeting down just as far in A17. Terrain needs a slight tweak to perhaps not raise giant mountains in the middle of roads or to completely tower around small water sources. The number of times I've been peddling up a hill, get to the top and almost Thelma & Louise it into a mine-filled pond is getting old real quick.

Yes. There is a chance a zombie will ragdoll another zombie in the way.

Lol, yeah, just ragdolled one and another behind it picked it up and threw it behind him. At least it looked that way. Started laughing enough that I kept missing my hits. Luckily didn't die, but man, that was great.

--edit---

Anyone else having issues using mods that even say work for this build? If I try to use one, all my bag slots become encumbered, I don't have stam regen, and sprinting doesn't use stam, but attacks still do. So I can hit 0 stam and never get it back, lol. I had to go in, see what they changed, and change it in the actual files. Just doing it for now because of all the weirdness. But yeah, is that actually a thing or something up on my end? Doing the normal making a Mods folder then moving the modded folder that I downloaded into the Mods folder. At first I thought it was just because I had more than 1, but then tried even just 1 and it still would cause that issue. I then cleaned, validated, ran it with no mods, it was fine. So then moved a single mod back, and boom, broke it again. Only not reporting it as a bug because it has to do with mods, but never had this issue prior to this build.

Since there is chatter about imbalance and easy xml adjustments, is there a chance of a quick hotfix update before the holiday break? I'd rather an official version for the next 3 weeks than just adding modlets in that affect experimental gameplay.

As far as food scarcity, the two of us did nomad till day two to meet up in our mp, and between us we had over 250 meat and I think 20 eggs for bacon and eggs. You just have to get out there and hunt.

BTW, I love the new ground and grass textures, and the new rippling effect on the water's banks.

We aren't having any issues adapting to the new systems, so I think a lot of the recent complaints are a bit over the top.

this is not an excuse for what he said but dont forget that people wait for over one and a half year for this update now

True. Which is why I didn’t just ban him. :)

I like Skullpoker. He’ll be fine once he knows the change wasn’t intended.

Archived