Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

We could approach the release time problem differently:

TFP's meeting is in an hour. After they have firmed up their timeline, I suspect that Roland will come in here and give an update.

I don't think Roland can tell us much more than either "It looks good" or "it doesn't look good". Because anything more specific doesn't account for problems encountered during bug fixing and final testing of the release candidate.

Funpimps just like always...

Took them over a year to release (well not yet) a new update for the game and now they will probably delay it even more.Imagine when they will make plans on releasing the Final build of the game, no alpha, no beta but Final Release...I bet it will take more than 3 years LOL.

And no, im not being negative those are the facts

Don't know what you mean. They said late afternoon in their timezone from the beginning. There is no delay, yet.

----------------

To everyone:

A17E will probably release in about 8 hours. No matter what timezone you are in

OMG does changing the FOV help with the vertigo???? I never considered that. Sometimes I can only play for 15mins before I have a headache and am nauseated. Watching the streams was torture, but I wanted some headstart on the new features. I watched brokenankles team and Kage and they were both really excellent.

Yeah, it actually does help. Personally, I only have that issue if the quality is bad. I couldn't watch Game Society Pimps because it's in 360p and all the pixels hurts my head when they move. Well, the rewatch of it on YouTube.

Question about headshot bonus damage with the new A17 perks:

In Joel's Perception attribute video, when speaking about ranged combat he says we won't get bonus damage for headshots until we buy the 'Boom! Headshot!' perk, but I wasn't sure whether this was true for melee weapons as well...

Anyone know whether:

a) you need ranks in PER > 'Boom! Headshot!' to get +headshot damage with melee/anything?

b) you get default bonus headshot damage anyway for melee without that perk?

I didn't see a corresponding STR perk for melee head'shots'.

This is the Alpha 17 development discussions thread where you can discuss all matters pertaining to A17 development. You can ask the developers questions and give feedback and share ideas.

Each week all developer responses from the previous week will be moved to the Official A17 Developer Diary for Developers which is a locked thread. In this way discussions between developers and players can happen unimpeded until they run their course and then the comments of the developers can be put in one place for easy reading later.

In addition, updates by other staff members will also be made to the official development diary. We hope that in this way the community can still have an enjoyable time discussing Alpha 17 without diluting the news from the developers.

Greetings,

Would you provide the time for the alpha 17 update ?

It is 5 pm or 17:00 in Portugal and nothing happened ?!?!?

Wich country and/or city must do the math for the different time and date ?

How many hours I must wait ???

It is in Alabama midnight and X hours in Portugal ???

Many thanks,

Please provide the intel Asap

Best Reggards,

:)

the day 19 passes fast and soon it will be 20, what happened with the update? only promises to keep people

Only people not understanding timezones.

----------------

To everyone:

A17E will probably release in about 8 hours. No matter what timezone you are in

Yeah, it actually does help. Personally, I only have that issue if the quality is bad. I couldn't watch Game Society Pimps because it's in 360p and all the pixels hurts my head when they move. Well, the rewatch of it on YouTube.

Fall Out does this too but their problem was settings for Multiple Monitors or WSF. Ignoring formats like Wide Screen & VR is a big mistake by Dev.'s

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

They are at the meeting now... waiting for some news from Roland or TFP F5 F5 F5 F5....

u0gQyeh.gif

+1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1,

I hate to put it to you guys.. but I honestly dont think it will come out today.. maybe by friday.. come on we all know how they are when it comes to timely things. Heck even the streamers didnt get it released timely.. it was over 2 hours late before they got their hands on it. I would be surprised if it came out today.. tbh

Well, she streams netflix while doing other things, it adds up. HD streaming is about 3gb per hour, so if she streams that for say 10 hours a day (even if she only watches 3 hours), that alone is 30gb from her alone. Add me, etc. and it goes up. 30gb a day min, 30 days a month (for easier comparisons), so 900gb there alone. That then doesn't include me gaming, her streaming, phones being on it, etc.

But once you figure in that not all is HD, some SD, some days will be shorter, etc. etc., it comes out to be about 500gb alone that is used just for sound :p. So yeah, a lot of it can easily be cut out and made hard to hit, but ya know, I just hate limits, lol. And for how expensive Cox is, should just be built in unlimited, normal cost is already what most is for same speeds and paying extra for unlimited data, hehe

I pay for the unlimited. I also work from home and have 4 kids. Easily go over the TB cap each month and would rather not worry about it. So its an extra $50. Well worth it to me.

Funpimps just like always...

Took them over a year to release (well not yet) a new update for the game and now they will probably delay it even more.Imagine when they will make plans on releasing the Final build of the game, no alpha, no beta but Final Release...I bet it will take more than 3 years LOL.

And no, im not being negative those are the facts

My 2 cents? In about 8 hours you'll be proven wrong....

Better to release it shortly before your normal office hours tomorrow morning.

If there is a serious issue (way more people will be testing it after public release) you could hack together a hotfix....

while they want it to be as bug free as possible, just remember this is not a17, but a17 experimental. I've seen a lot of post that make me wonder if there are a lot of people here who do not understand the difference, and will be here complaining they released a bug filled update lol

Archived