Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

No dude thats not the proper way.

Go to 'My Computer', go to 'Windows (C:)', then there should be a folder called 'Program Files (x86)'. This means that there are 86 virusses on your computer, so you have to delete the entire folder!

You can scare viruses from your hard drive by taking the drive out of the computer, placing it as close as you can to a very large speaker and playing some Wagner at them very loudly. That should work for both platter drives and ssd's.

I use the Game Lancher to clear all game data then steam to uninstall. Then I manually delete 7 days folders in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and ...\AppData\Roaming. From there I use CCleaner to clear the registry. Kinda overkill I know but hey at least I am sure it is all gone. Then just use steam to install new copy of 7 days.

And if you're on Linux you can just copy/paste this into a terminal. The fastest way to nuke all your 7DtD game, config, and game saves. :3

rm -Rf "$HOME/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die" "$HOME/.local/share/7DaysToDie/" "$HOME/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die"

And if you're on Linux you can just copy/paste this link to a terminal and hit enter, the fastest way to nuke all your 7DtD game, config, and game saves. :3

rm -Rf "$HOME/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die" "$HOME/.local/share/7DaysToDie/" "$HOME/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die"

Lolz, Was totally expecting to simply see:

$ rm -Rf /*

Don't have a DOS promt. But when I try it says:

$ format c:\

bash: format: command not found

Must be missing something here ...

You're not in a DOS prompt, you're in a linux prompt. Not sure if "rm -Rf /" still works with the funky new Lindows thing microsoft are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

And if you're on Linux you can just copy/paste this into a terminal. The fastest way to nuke all your 7DtD game, config, and game saves. :3

You beat me by seconds :-)

You can scare viruses from your hard drive by taking the drive out of the computer, placing it as close as you can to a very large speaker and playing some Wagner at them very loudly. That should work for both platter drives and ssd's.

Sorry, I don't fully understand your instructions!

Should this be Ride of the Valkyries?

If I don't have Wagner, can I do with some Mozart? Or Taylor Swift?

Lolz, Was totally expecting to simply see:

$ rm -Rf /*

Lol, I'm not THAT mean! :D

At least the OS is relatively protected from this without root access, but say buhbye to your user files! Funny how long the OS can keep running without it's system files if you do have root access, though. :3

I feel your pain. I used to live where Time Warner was the only choice. 50mb max for $70. Meanwhile, my friend in West Texas (with Suddenlink) was getting 300mb for $50! Right now I have 150mb for $50 with Cable One, which isn't bad, but I have a data cap. Ugh. #firstworldproblems #apocalypseisthetrueequalizer :p

Up in where I live, the town has fiber op $70/mo. I live about a mile and a half outside town limit, and my *only* option is 5mbps for $120/mo

I would go with satellite, but I'm hoping to move within the coming year so the upfront fees aren't worth it.

Lol, I'm not THAT mean! :D

At least the OS is relatively protected from this without root access, but say buhbye to your user files! Funny how long the OS can keep running without it's system files if you do have root access, though. :3

Kernel 2.6 and open by fhandle makes it possible :cocksure:

Sorry, I don't fully understand your instructions!

Should this be Ride of the Valkyries?

If I don't have Wagner, can I do with some Mozart? Or Taylor Swift?

..erm...Taylor Swift bears the risk of the drive jumping out of your window. (or through the closed window if it isnt open)....

Funpimps just like always...

Took them over a year to release (well not yet) a new update for the game and now they will probably delay it even more.Imagine when they will make plans on releasing the Final build of the game, no alpha, no beta but Final Release...I bet it will take more than 3 years LOL.

And no, im not being negative those are the facts

Nope, no facts in that email. Just speculation.

Reminds me I really need to start learning Linux. I have a dual-boot system setup and rarely ever use it lol.

You can use the GUI too just like in Windows of course lol, it's just slower. Command line is so powerfully awesome once you understand it, though. So many awesome text manipulation tools and things to aid in programming that it's especially great for coding and doing things like modding 7 Days to Die. Come ooooooon A17 xml files, I need to update my mod for you!!! :3

Archived